It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Interesting to read about familiar people here.

Past, Present
I was the funny, class clown in my younger years, but when i got older people didnt "get" my humor as much, and they called me dumb. I tend to believe people, im gullible i guess, too trusting, so i thought they were right.
But i absolutly hated being called dumb, I got so angry, they couldn`t be right could they?

Then i realized they they just dont see things in my perspective, and i noticed that they were bad at many things that i was good at. So I finaly remembered that im not at all dumb.

What convinced me was that when i try, im one of the best. I can get super score\grades if i want. But for some reason i seldom try anymore.. probably because of my depressions witch i have always come and gone.

He`s good
When i was a kid (4-5?) before school starts, i learned english, (im norwegian) and a little german, and i could speak and understand MANY dialects, in both norwegian and swedish.

I could read and write before school started.

I loved to categorize things, so i loved looking at pictures of all the different flags of the world, and all the traffic signs, and lookin in the atlas, car names and logos for products and companies.

Social
Always had few but good friends all from very different social classes. (rich, poor, smart, mischievous, sporty, nerdy, shy, outspoken etc) They dont hang out with eachother, i dont think they like eachother as a matter of fact (just a few do.) I like the way they are all intelligent in their own way.

I was and still is, member of all the groups, hanging out a little here and a little there. This has led me to have a little identity crisis.

I am social but tend to suck at talking to people unless they speak to me first. And i love a good conversation.

Boring:
Im not very patient.
I am agnostic atheist.
I think i have a very good memory. But i dont know how other peoples memories are so i cant compare, i just feel that its good.
Have been told that i over-analyze stuff
Make most decisions on gut-feeling, and thats proven to work out good.

Weird:
I hate reading books, i cant read half a page without erupting in a spasmic seazure of yawning. But it seems it doesnt happen when i read things online, (as long as its not the length of a book.)

For some reason i find it irresistable to read newspapers from the last page, working my way to the first page. Online i noticed that i like starting at the bottom, going up, (unless im reading something that starts at the top.)

Two handed. I used to write with either hand, but had to focus on one hand when school started. (i choose the right hand). But i throw best with my left.

He`s bad
I cant do math. Im lousy, lousy, lousy. I have problems realizing when it is my turn if we play cards or such. I can use long time in front of the mirror (when im getting ready to go somewhere) or in the shop, even though i have people waiting for me. I seem to think that time stops and they have just waited for a sec, even though i used 30 minutes.

I think that i will never, ever, understand other humans

Strong hatred for injustice, unfairness, arroganse and evil people.

I never apologize for things i do or say, (unless i realy feel that i have made a mistake on the matter. it happens to the best )

Hope you found this funny or interesting.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
All my life I've been aware of an extra window open in my mind that most people aren't privy to. It's nearly like another dimension of thought. For the most part it has been a blessing for me, but, there are other times in my life when it has been a curse.
My area of intelligence lies in art, literature, psychology, language, etc. Believe it or not, not all geniuses are mathematicians. I hate math myself! Most people think of Einsten and his equations when they think of someone with a high IQ.
You might ask: "But all IQ tests seem to center on the ability to know math - to work equations"!
Well, one of the main reasons math is used as a measure of intelligence is that math is concrete. 2 + 2 will always be 4 no matter where you are in the unverse. That's a constant that cannot be changed.
Anyway, more about myself. I have always been able to process information extremely fast especially when it comes to people. I know people, I know psychology - I know the mind, I know how people think in general and globally. I can look at a you and immediately tell what type of person you are and how you think, how you will react to experiences and other people. This comes to me instantly without consciously thinking about it. I can even watch a movie and get the same thing from the actors. I can tell when someone lies and is full of bull. I can read the slightest nuance in a gesture or stance, the way your eyes move, the way your head moves. It is very uncanny for other people to experience this from me, but, for me it's very natural. Most people can read basic body language, but, I'm not talking basic body language. I'm talking about something in the minutest form. Your voice, how you say things, the inflection in your voice. Everything gives you away. I've always been extremely aware like this from the earliest memory I have of myself at 2 years old. I know so much simply by osmosis, not just about people, but other areas too. For example, when I was not even an adolescent I knew one of the most basic precepts by which businesses are run. Another words, I never had read anything on the subject of business, but, I simply know about it. Sounds odd, but true.
The fact that I'm lefthanded makes my highly developed sense of intuition even stronger. How so? Well, think about this. I live in a righthanded world. Because I'm lefthanded I am ALWAYS reversing things in my mind. Of course, because I've been doing this for 50 years means that I don't do any of this on a conscious level. Believe me, all of this is rote, as it is for most other lefthanders as well! LOL! There is more communication going on between the left and right lobes of the brain in a lefthanded person. Because a righthanded person lives in a righthanded world there is no need for the lobes to communicate so much. In fact, the lobes of a righthander's brain rarely communicate with each other. Most lefthanded people are geniuses because of this very fact. That's not to say that there aren't righthanded geniuses out there. The majority would be lefthanded though.
Most people with high IQ's find it a little harder to relate to the average person. I know I do and that's frustrating. I think Einstein mentioned at one point in his life that he was very frustrated because he couldn't find many people that he could relate with and I understand that soooooooooo well! (Sigh) The Mensa group started as a way of reaching out to likeminded people.
I love thinking, developing theories and philosophizing about things with people. Remember when I talked about that extra window that seems to be open in my mind and the fact that I know so much by osmosis? I firmly believe that the knowledge of the whole universe is in our heads. To me it's logical. How else can I explain my ability to know so much through osmosis? If we can know so much using 10% of our brains (geniuses use slightly more) imagine how we'd be if we could use 100%? Incredible!!
Purrs,
Catwoman=^..^= & Mija

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ooops! I'm only alotted 4000 characters because I'm pretty new here? I see others with longer posts than me. They must have a lot of posts under their belts. Anyway, to continue

I'm a born again Christian in that I've accepted Chrsit as my personal Saviour. Because of my level of intelligence I believe I know so much more about the Bible than the average Christian. I'm able to read between the lines. The Bible doesn't just talk about Christianity and salvation. It also talks about people, how we are as social beings. I hear many people believe that it could be possible for God to be a woman. He can't be a woman for two good reasons
1). God has no gender. Most of us use the 'he' form because 'he' is used many times as a default gender if we don't know the gender of an animal, etc.
2). The status of women throughout millenia has always been low. If you could put a gender to God and if God could be a woman do you think a female god would create the female gender in such an inferior light? It just takes logic folks. I'm not saying that God intended for women to hold such a low status in society. It just happened to evolve that way every since Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden
Oh, speaking of evolution...
I can tell you that evolution is a joke, not just by what it says in the Bible, but, just by using logic. For example, if you truly believed in evolution you would concede to the fact that at this very moment the DNA of your body, the molecular structore of your body, is changing and in so many millions of years we will have evolved into something else yet again! But, most people are much too arrogant for that! If you TRULY believed in evolution than you would believe that. So, in effect, most people who say they believe in evolution don't REALLY believe in evolution. As I said before, folks, it just takes logic. You have to think it through.
I was diagnosed at age 13 as having an IQ of 145 or so. It's not that I feel superior to people, but, I find that because I'm able to process information very quickly for the most part I don't have the patience to talk with a lot of people and I tend to isolate a lot. Most people aren't stimulating enough for me. It's rare to find another human being with an intelligence comparable to mine and sit down and have a fantastic conversation. I think outside the box and I've done so all my life. I love people who think outside the box too. I also love people who are individuals, and think for themselves, who are not followers and don't let others influence their ideals, philosophies and so on. Sadly, most people are happy to not question the status quo or ask 'Why?' I'm always asking why. In order for me to understand something I need to know every aspect of it. What is this? Why does it do that? Where did that come from? How are you going to use it? How is it going to benefit me and others? I believe in asking question after question after question after question until I have either totally drained the other person or they get sick of me, whichever comes first! LOL!
I've always been very good at languages and dialects. I taught myself how to read, write, and speak Spanish. I know that if I had the wherewithall I could be a linguist knowing many languages, but, because I suffer from debilitating depression I'm not able to do much. I'm self taught in a lot of things. I can't learn in a classroom situation. Even though my mind processes information very quickly for some reason when it comes to learning in the classroom I'm a bit slow. I think it's because my mind wants to take all the time it needs to digest something. This only happens when I'm learning from books. Otherwise, I'm very quick.
I really love your question and from the posts I've read so far you're getting some great answers! You must be doing a research paper or thesis? Whatever it is have fun with it!
Purrs,
Catwoman=^..^= & Mija

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It's funny how FAST we can be labeled smart, dumb, or just plain normal.

It seems like it's not enough to believe in our capabilities without a test score or official recognition.

From my experience, the world we live in bombards us with information every day undermining our ability to be involved and do/participate in GREAT things.

Systems, whether deliberate or accidental, makes us mentally & spiritually dumb and weak. It can't be denied, how fast we learn and the capacity to contextualize is a measure of "intelligence". But when we give in to small cults and fads or put unjust laws over a fellow man instead of reaching for spiritual reward on this planet we are always squirrels.

I have never taken an IQ test. I have been called "dumb" by people "smart" and "dumb" and have been called "smart" by people "smart" and "dumb". I make errors in writing and have sloppy writing because I think the message is the most important thing.

My message: You are pure power (gods light and satans darkness) capable of extraordinary things (especially when combined). It is up to your government to separate, harness, and control your energy, so only a minority will benefit.

The reason why after years "smart" people go "dumb" or "dumb" people go "smart" because it's an illusion based on materiality, not understanding.

Your materiality scores is used to help Company's assess your ability to materialize their profits.

with love,

'___'eed.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Although I have never had my IQ tested I think it's safe to assume it would be about 200 or so probably higher maybe even 400.
I feel like I'm before my time looking at people around me I can but help they seem very primitive almost like animals.

Being a Genius isn't easy though.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
My youngest son has got an IQ of 146, we call him the brain. Because he already came up in an early age, with questions and statements, you would not expect from a child in that age. He left us many times mouth wide opened astonished.

He has problems to find contact the children in his age. He prefers adults and young people, much older than him. They can better follow his thoughts.

If he would play with children of the same age, he soon gets bored, because the children cant really follow him and his thoughts.

In school he was often very bored and started than to drift away from lessons. But since he has changed to grammar school it went better, even he still has not reached his limit yet.

Emotionaly he has got a very high sence of justice and wants to change the world into a better place. He is compassioned to all beings and treats all of them respectfully.

Children with high IQs need special guidance otherwise it goes in a destructiv direction.
Not alway easy, but possible.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
to '___'eed,

unfortunatly I cant answer to your message until I have 20 posts, so as soon as I have reached this amount, Ill get thru to you

Sorry for that personal post to all members of ATS. But I dont know how to tell '___'eed, that Im not impolite.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Perhaps more than a little fingers in cheek . . .

Last I checked, I still think with my brain.

The range of stuff tends to be the same on most measures.

Some of us are in a lot of scientific disciplines where the majority of folks are agnostic or atheist.

Some of us are Pentecostal Christians.

Some are conservative to the bone marrow and some are clueless liberals.

Some are dropped out street-people.

Geniuses can make horrifically devastating errors . . . because of pride . . . thinking we are smart across the board when the extra umph may be in a relatively defined area or of a relatively defined sort.

In my experience, many ATTACHMENT DISORDERED geniuses are devastatingly arrogant--fostered by the ATTACHMENT DISORDER CAUSED insecurities.

Though some are more shy and recluses.

Some have shades of autism or aspergers syndrome (sp?) . . . in that they are not flaming examples of paragon EMOTIONAL IQ skills.

Given the human flaws of folks at all ranges of the IQ spectrum . . . I'm not sure that super IQ's have a great leg up on the common man in a lot of situations. Many of us lack sufficient common horse sense to know when we are headed for a cliff at the speed of light.

Some are overbearing and obnoxious because of the ASSUMED loftiness of our mental acuities . . . loftiness in the sense of 'innate worth.'

True, some of us could save a lot of lives a lot of trouble in a lot of specialized situations. And that would be worth a lot to the lives saved.

On the other hand, with different finger, there's Dr Strangelove.

Maybe the best answer is that we think with our brains. And our brains are not necessarily any more perfect than anyone else's. We all have emotional, psychodynamic and other flaws which mitigate the wonderfulness of being unusually brilliant.

And, very often, a good percentage of us live enough in our own worlds of unique perceptiveness and cognitions that isolation and perceived isolation--essentially even--living in a 'different world' can be a troublesome challenge. It can be hard to dialogue with folks about some things--who aren't similarly gifted AND SIMILARLY TUNED-IN, INTERESTED in sometimes very narrow slices of reality.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Azza

It does say in The Bible:

"Come now and, let us reason together...."
Isaiah 1:18

God doesn't want mindless robotic sheep. God wants us to hear The Word and make intelligent choices based on what we've heard. He wants individuals who aren't afraid to think for themselves.

As I'm reading the posts from the ones who are Christians I'm hoping this would be proof that Christianity is not for dummies (so to speak), but, for those of us who are capable of making intelligent choices in our lives.
It really gives me hope!
Have a great day and an even better one tomorrow!

Purrs,
Catwoman=^..^= & Mija

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I remember when this thread first hit the forum. I knew then it would be huge. Why? Because the ego wants so much and thinks that the mind is where intelligence is grown.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My 10 year old has an IQ in the 200 range and making/keeping friends is near impossible for her at this time as she doesn't share the same interests as her peers. In fact she is 2-3 years younger than her class mates yet she is many years above them intellectually. Since she taught herself to read at 2/3 she has consistently read over 1000 books a year mostly on ancient history and Egypt in particular. Her views and frustrations with various authors who she claims 'wrote disinformation' about certain events is intriguing to say the least. There is a certain time frame which we are certain may have been a previous life as she tells stories that you simply wouldn't find in books........she has lived it!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've been reading many of the responses and I'd like to respond to them.

Various people have mentioned that geniuses don't think any differently than other people. I would have to disagree with that because all of my life (ever snice I was a pre-schooler) I've thought differently than most people. I've always been told so by my family. My family has never appreciated my level of intelligence and they've always put me down because I think differently. For most of my life I've never been able to relate with people or them to me. I spent nearly my whole life feeling as if I was on an alien planet.
At this point in my life I've kind of given up on the human race and I isolate a LOT! I've spent too many years of my life frustrated and I don't need the hassle anymore. I'm 50 and just plain tired of it all. As I've gotten older my patience has gotten less not more.
My thought processes are extremely methodical. I almost want to use the expression, 'machine like', but, that would be insulting me as a person. Not only do I think methodically I also like to do things in a methodical manner. I guess part of it is because I suffer from severe anxiety and when I do things methodically, rather than randomly, it helps to alleviate a lot of the anxiety in my mind.
Another thing, all my life I've had extremely high moral and ethical values and because of this people usually think I'm a foolish goody two shoes with not enough street smarts to make it in the 'real' world. Of course, this is not true, but, they are not convinced Sadly, I've discovered that people who are honest and decent are not respected, but laughed at by society. This is another reason I don't care to associate with people anymore. I have very few friends, which is how I like to keep it.

Somebody else made mention of the fact that because of the Internet a person's IQ has little relevance anymore.
I disagree with that for 2 reasons.

1). One of the hallmarks of intelligence is the ability to retain what you have learned. Anybody can look up various subjects on the Internet and do all kinds of research, but, it doesn't mean a thing if they don't retain what they've just learned. To put it in simple terms; I can teach you how to tie your shoelaces, but, if, an hour later, you forget how to perform that task what good was the knowledge that I imparted to you? Retaining what we've learned is a very crucial part of what intelligence is.

2). As I mentioned before in an earlier post one of the things I've noticed about myself and my mind is that having a high IQ has opened an extra window to my mind that other people are not privy to. I don't know if this is true for other people with a high intellect, but, it's true for me. With this extra window I find that I know so much by osmosis in that I don't have to have personal experiences in many things to be able to understand and know what is going on, etc. I simply 'know'. For example, when I was not even 10 years old I knew the basic precepts behind how businesses are run. How did I know this? I have no idea. It's just one of the many things that I just 'know' When I was very young I knew names of flowers that I'd never seen before. I was able to look at a word I'd never seen before and take it apart and look at the root of the word and correctly guess it's meaning. For the most part I love this window (or windows) that I have open in my mind. Other times it can be a curse! LOL!
Anyway, for this reason I believe that is something you are born with and is not something you can get through reading about various subjects and doing research on the Internet.

I'm still enjoying reading others' responses and I'm sure I will be back with a word or two here and there.

Have a good day and an even better one tomorrow!

Purrs,
Catwoman=^..^= & Mija

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
Although I have never had my IQ tested I think it's safe to assume it would be about 200 or so probably higher maybe even 400.
I feel like I'm before my time looking at people around me I can but help they seem very primitive almost like animals.

Being a Genius isn't easy though.

Just my advice:

Take an IQ Test. Never assume ANYTHING. Stop being so arrogant.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have an IQ of 150. I don't have anything that affects my intelligence, such as Asperger's, I just have a higher than average IQ. I hang around with people that are even more bright than I am, and some people take the 'mickey' but I'm happy. Pretty much.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've taken IQ tests and scored from 116 to 140. But I would trade 20 or so points for some motivation and work ethic. Trust me, IQ isn't all it's cracked up to be.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

I have taken a IQ test, got 180 but I failed a CAT test in my academy. I was and still am the only one to do one or both of these in my local area.

I think that an IQ test is simply a test of textbook knowledge with memory nothing that experience can give you.

I have met people more intelligence than me in my opinion who stay with there parents and still need there food cut up on a dinner plate.

IQ does not mean *snip* to me to say the least nothing more than an attempt to label the average person.

In terms of how do I think and live etc.

I have had 15 permanent jobs in the last 8 years in the following sectors, finance, science, insurance, marketing, recruitment, health, security, driving, construction, debt recovery and last but not least telesales. (in no particular order)

I live with a long term partner, have two cats, mortgaged property, in my twenties and drive a car.

I am not religious but recently have come to an deep understanding of what life is about.

My two cents.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've had fairly consistent results as far as IQ tests on the web. I normally score between 130 and 140. I like taking them. Prolly done it 50 times or so. My top score is 142.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I worked with a "genius" Electrical Engineer. He came to work one morning with bandages from his fingertips up to his elbow. Seems he had been re-wiring his house to add a clothes dryer. The screwdriver slipped and...

When I asked him if he had shut the power off before he started work, he said "No. You don't have to shut it off if you know what you're doing".

Lots of intelligence, but no brains.

'Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I tried out for mensa, didn't make it, so my IQ is less than 132 aparently, but I am much more intelligent than many people I know with gifted range IQ's. I'm extremely intuitive. I know things without knowing why, exactly! When I play poker, I get hunches constantly. Not only in that, but in most everything I do. It's taken me a while to understand, but I aparently have a high level of insight and wisdom, or at least that's what people keep on telling me. I just get the big picture easily. Just need to be told the "why", and the "how" is automatic. Can't stand when someone doesn't explain their point, just expects me to blindly follow. NO WAY!

When I was younger (before 13) I was for real on the outside looking in. Never understood someone taking something personally. I saw everyone and everything as part of this great being of one. When I reached adolescence I became aware that nobody else shared this perspective around me and I withdrew into silence and drug abuse. Took me forever to get over my differences, but still wish others would understand the world better.

Dunno, but IQ is not everything. I know this for sure. It's an indicator for specific brain fuction strenghts, but not all of them. Creativity, intuition, insight can't be properly tested. Don't worry if you have an average IQ. Just know yourself, and you'll be much better off then the average person..

Oh, and btw, if we are considering online IQ tests (which are crap!) I am a goddamned supergenius. Have scored 120ish on the lowest and upwards of 168 If I remember right. Most are in the 140-150 range. THEY ARE BS...LOL

[edit on 13-10-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

My IQ is 138 close enough I guess.

I have tunnel vision and I've been described by others as a passionate person that follows through on things. I don't see anything as impossible or out of my reach. I believe that this mentality is what has led me to be successful at whatever I try in life - business, homeschooling my children, etc. Even though I have tunnel vision when I am passionate about something, I think I have ADD when I'm not passionate about something. I'm the type that will forget to water a plant if it is not right in front of my face.

I'm a strong Christian that politically leans towards the right, but I see so much ignorance in the two main political parties and they highly annoy me. I'm a Ron Paul supporter, as evident by my user name. I see the larger picture. I have a lot of compassion for humans and animals alike, though I believe that humans are "top dog" in the the heirarchy and that God gave us domain over this world. Even so, he didn't tell us to destroy it - we're suppose to care for the planet and all of its inhabitants - even the "least of these."

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join