It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Out There and Vote - Make your Voice Heard on ATSNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hello fellow members. I've been looking at alot of these ATSNN (submission). I'm sure many of you know about these. They are news articles posted by your own co-board Members here to get the word out on various topics. If you don't know here is the link to the Forum.
ATSNN.com TerrorAnalysis.com

One aspect of the ATSNN is voting. Each News article is voted on by anyone here to judge its worthiness. There are currently 13 ATSNN (submission) that are still in limbo awaiting their voting. These (submission) articles range on topics and have very interesting statistics already.

Average Replies to these (submission) - 5.5 with 17 being the highest.
Average Views of these (submission) - 121.46 with 247 being the highest.

These ATSNN News (submission) only need 10 votes to decide they aren't news worthy or 20 votes to decide they are news worthy.

Get out there and support your ATSNN (submission) reporters.

Phae

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I hear you. There are to many stories that stay in the submission stage for hours. We need more people to get out there and vote. I think that most people here are doing their part, but we need 100% participation.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm begining to think that everyone interested has voted on these already.
Not every member on ATS even looks at ATSNN. Maybe some promotion is needed on BTS to get people to vote?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I enjoyed voting on submissions -- I loved seeing the status of the votes and ok I admit I LIKED getting points for voting. And I even admit that while I still read almost all of the submissions and other articles and occasionally if I feel really passionate about it one way or another I will cast a vote -- but by not voting it has been my silent protest to the fact that a harmless and fun way to get some points was taken away by a few malcontents who were afraid that people might not take what they considered a long enough time to read before casting their vote. I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if others are feeling the same thing and are doing the same thing.

There are people like me who don't post much (and after the last couple of posts I have made aren't you all glad about that - I really am crabby) but still love the site and would also like to have enough points to get into RATS or heck even just watch the number go up showing that we are supporting ATS in our quiet little way. BTW I am normally quiet and when I post to most threads it is a struggle for me to answer in more than one line to avoid having points taken away. Hard to believe isn't it?

So all of that said --- you are right and I will start voting again -- it isn't fair to the people who didn't complain and who are still submitting articles. Now I think I better go change my mood in my profile to fit my really crabby mood.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone attention -- we should support the people doing the submissions and I am sorry to all I didn't vote for because of my little temper tantrum.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There are lots of news stories on ATSNN just begging to be voted on. There has to be at least a dozen in submission status right now. Let's get out there and vote on these stories. You may be surprised and see that you actually enjoy some of the stories that you are reading through.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am just sorry that when people hear negative votes they get offended ....the process as a whole is beneficial but everyone must realize good votes are not the only votes availible and they need to quit complaining when they get them.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've been thinking about the view-vote ration for a while, and I'm pretty sure it's because non-members can view the threads, but can't vote on them. Is that right? Maybe we can get some clarification, but that's my understanding anyway.

Of course, ATSNN submissions may only be viewable by ATS members, as opposed to the forums. Perhaps that's the site's way of 'screening' member submissions before they hit the general public.

In any case, I think views are actually way more important than votes. Every view is another person who read your story. It doesn't matter if it remains a 'submission' for its entire life, the important thing is that your message gets out. Important submissions usually get upgraded in a flash, so it's not so much of an issue - it's the special interest and semi/non-conspiracy stories that I notice languishing more often.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
I am just sorry that when people hear negative votes they get offended ....the process as a whole is beneficial but everyone must realize good votes are not the only votes availible and they need to quit complaining when they get them.

I only complain when it's justified....

Some people are clearly unaware of what the word "bias" means and where it should be placed in the story....

At the end of the day, I really don't care where my thread ends up going, I'd just rather see some user-end logic put into the voting.....

And it would make sense if a post was required on the thread before you voted, unless it was just so horrible and utterly useless of a thread that it doesn't deserve one.....

Eh....Whatever...Those are my thoughts, which I've also sent as suggestion to the mods....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

I only complain when it's justified....

Some people are clearly unaware of what the word "bias" means and where it should be placed in the story....

At the end of the day, I really don't care where my thread ends up going, I'd just rather see some user-end logic put into the voting.....

And it would make sense if a post was required on the thread before you voted, unless it was just so horrible and utterly useless of a thread that it doesn't deserve one.....

Eh....Whatever...Those are my thoughts, which I've also sent as suggestion to the mods....

Hey Im with you I see some flaws , but I see more good to .....hey just look at it this way if the story made you feel right then thats all that matters.....people are always going to disagree ....I just feel bad when such a point is made of it .....I tell you what I am cubmitting a story ....I will lay you ten to one odds it doesnt go anywhere , but if I gripe one bit take this stick

*hands enron Stick with nail in it*

you take this stick and beat me profusely till I say you are king or uncle whichever you prefer okay...

PEACE

Doc

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

you take this stick and beat me profusely till I say you are king or uncle whichever you prefer okay...

LMAO

Alright!! I love me a good 'olfashion beatin'!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

LMAO

Alright!! I love me a good 'olfashion beatin'!

Some how I thought you would like that>>>>Whack goes the stick

new topics

top topics

join