It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the age of truth and equality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Think about that...

Am I the only one who feels this way? Its hard to believe but its true once you give it deep deep thought.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
Think about that...

Am I the only one who feels this way? Its hard to believe but its true once you give it deep deep thought.

There is no need to believe anything. Just look at the facts and let them speak for themselves. Constant state-sponsored lies (terrorism, 9-11, UFO's, etc), wars based on lies (Afghanistan, Iraq), constant religious and ethnic conflicts and racism (Israelis vs Palestine, US Christian right vs Islam, etc) conver-ups (9-11, JFK assassination, UFO's, CIA/Mossad actions, other political deaths/assassinations, deaths of microbiologists, etc), and grand-deception on the part of the economic/financial/banking systems of the world, to keep us indebted and constantly in need of expensive "medication" that just prolongs our suffering while forcing us to spend the rest of our miserable lives giving money to the medical industry just to stay alive a while longer. Don't forget the "war on drugs" and the involvement of the CIA and other intelligence agencies to secretly promote it and profit from it.

And with each new year, it seems that the lies just get bolder (9-11 official story for example), the illusion grander (patriotism, state-created "enemies of the people" like "islamic terrorists", and the black-and-white view of the world by many people, including US president), and more fear-mongering and conflicts arise almost every day.

And this is not something to "believe" or "disbelieve", it is simply the objective reality, it is self-evident and all the evidence exists for anyone to see, and does not need anyone to believe it or not - only to see that it's there by not ignoring it and believing comfortable lies instead.

And the more deep thought I give the situation of humanity, the more corruption, selfishness, lies, inequality, and conflicts I see. Weird... :-P

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Like I said think about it.

There are lies there have always been lies yes youl have that, but the truth is broad and out ways the lies by a mile.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There are lies there have always been lies yes youl have that, but the truth is broad and out ways the lies by a mile.

There are always truths and there are always lies. Who are you to judge the "weight" or "value" of either in any qualitative way, is this not a subjective perception? The lies are just as broad as any truth. The very nature of humanity, its place in the universe at large, and what we are conditioned to think of ourselves is a huge lie (many of them). Is that not broad enough?

Yes, I did think about it. The truth is more available now perhaps because of the internet, but availability of truth does not mean more people are looking for it, just that it's easier to find if one does look. But once again, all you've said is that "this is the age of truth" - but does that have any meaning? Everywhere you look, there are lies - lies we tell ourselves, lies others tell us. In fact, there seems to be less and less truth in our world, despite the fact that it is easier than ever to find it. People are more and more willing to unquestionably except authority's view, more willing to "shove uncomfortable reality under the rug", more willing to be docile and passive while they hope that one day "things will change".

So to the contrary, based on all the evidence, I'd say this is the age of illusion, age of lies, and age of control over the many, by an elite few. Of course you can ignore reality, you can ignore the facts, you can ignore critical thought, and just proclaim "ah, this is the age of truth, and anyone who doesn't see it just didn't think enough" - but does simply saying this make it true? No, objective reality can speak for itself - though there are times in humanity's history (like now), when no one is paying attention to it.

And what about equality? The rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer every day. There are sex slaves being smuggled and traded all over the world. Governments around the world, including US, use lies to impose totalitarian controls over its citizens, unless the citizens are rich or present a value to the government, in which case they can "buy their way to the top". Yes, black slavery has ended and thanks to people like Martin Luther King Jr. who fought for their rights, they are now more "equal" than they ever were, and the same goes for women. However, "racism" is not the only form of inequality, even though there is PLENTY of racism to go around. The key "inequality" is the same one that has always existed, those who have power and wealth, and those who do not. The former will always control the latter, period. And now there is just as much control over humanity as there has ever been, in fact, thanks to technology there is now more control.

But if you see something I do not, then feel free to explain why you think there is more "truth" and "equality" in this age, because the more I think about it, the less "truth" and "equality" I see.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

There are always truths and there are always lies. Who are you to judge the "weight" or "value" of either in any qualitative way, is this not a subjective perception? The lies are just as broad as any truth. The very nature of humanity, its place in the universe at large, and what we are conditioned to think of ourselves is a huge lie (many of them). Is that not broad enough?

Yes, I did think about it. The truth is more available now perhaps because of the internet, but availability of truth does not mean more people are looking for it, just that it's easier to find if one does look. But once again, all you've said is that "this is the age of truth" - but does that have any meaning? Everywhere you look, there are lies - lies we tell ourselves, lies others tell us. In fact, there seems to be less and less truth in our world, despite the fact that it is easier than ever to find it. People are more and more willing to unquestionably except authority's view, more willing to "shove uncomfortable reality under the rug", more willing to be docile and passive while they hope that one day "things will change".

So to the contrary, based on all the evidence, I'd say this is the age of illusion, age of lies, and age of control over the many, by an elite few. Of course you can ignore reality, you can ignore the facts, you can ignore critical thought, and just proclaim "ah, this is the age of truth, and anyone who doesn't see it just didn't think enough" - but does simply saying this make it true? No, objective reality can speak for itself - though there are times in humanity's history (like now), when no one is paying attention to it.

And what about equality? The rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer every day. There are sex slaves being smuggled and traded all over the world. Governments around the world, including US, use lies to impose totalitarian controls over its citizens, unless the citizens are rich or present a value to the government, in which case they can "buy their way to the top". Yes, black slavery has ended and thanks to people like Martin Luther King Jr. who fought for their rights, they are now more "equal" than they ever were, and the same goes for women. However, "racism" is not the only form of inequality, even though there is PLENTY of racism to go around. The key "inequality" is the same one that has always existed, those who have power and wealth, and those who do not. The former will always control the latter, period. And now there is just as much control over humanity as there has ever been, in fact, thanks to technology there is now more control.

But if you see something I do not, then feel free to explain why you think there is more "truth" and "equality" in this age, because the more I think about it, the less "truth" and "equality" I see.

Your confusing your self, and me too.

I will say that not every thing is a lie no matter how much you think it is.
The big illusion for most people on this forum seems to be trust within their leaders and anyone of authority.

All the things you listened in your previous post are all conspiracies that did not mean they are the truth. Its all speculation 90% will probably one day deemed BS.

Please don't take offense to what I have said, your right I cannot judge the times we live in, but I have the right to observe and keep both eyes open to your so called truth and my version of the truth (which you think is an illusion) me and you are incapable of agreeing but anyone who can see eye to eye with me will know what I am talking about.

Please do not attack me for this thread like I said we think differently there is nothing wrong with that.

When I say equality I mean that back in ancient times women were nothing there sole purpose was to accompany man. Slowly they have been given rights and now were pretty much equal, being rich and poor has nothing to do with equality thats a question for economics and business ethics. However its not so hard to see that we have came a long way with different genders and races. Yes there is still some racist stuff out there and sickening things going on but put it all into prospective.

see what happens when I take a break from ATS, I start letting my opinions leak which usually gets me barked out for some reason. Once again I am not here to fight or anything like that. I am stating my current observations.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Your confusing your self, and me too.

I will say that not every thing is a lie no matter how much you think it is.

But I never said that. There is a mixture of truths and lies in all things, though certain lies are "heavier" than others, and can change someone's entire understanding of himself and his reality. But the devil is always in the details, because even what is now considered true can be seen in a different light and a broader context once the observer has more knowledge, which can fundementally change the nature of what is being observed and thus change the "reality" of the situation, turning what was originally true into illusion or vice versa. But we're all human and so are bound to the same general level of awareness, meaning, if something objectively happens in our reality we all have ability to perceive it the same way (for example, if 911 happened, it happened for ALL humans, no one can claim that the WTC is still standing unless they are from an alternate reality or have a fundementally different level of awareness from the rest, so they can perceive an alternate reality for example).

So keeping in mind that we all share the same reality, all that is left is we question that reality and see it as it really is, and not pretend it's something else by ignoring it and coming up with illusions that are more comfortable. And all I am saying is, people see objective reality to various degrees depending on the level of understanding of the individual and whether his aim is to separate the truth from the lies, or to just believe what he wishes to believe. And MOST people on the planet are very much under heavy illusions about who they are and what this world is like - this has NOT changed for thousands of years. EVERYONE is under SOME illusion, there are no absolute guarantees of ANYTHING, but the general state of humanity as a whole is that of illusion, meaning, the vast majority of the people of this world are simply ignoring reality in favor of something else that is simply more comfortable and easier to accept, and most are manipulated into their world views since birth by the world that they were born into.

Saying something like "This is the age of truth" is very vague and subjective, just like saying "This is the age of lies". There have ALWAYS been lies and truths, and people have always seen both to various degrees. What makes you think that this age is any different? Because it is the age of "technology" and age of "science"? Yes humanity has a slightly better understanding of ourselves and our reality in a physical and contextually limited way, but the same age-old illusions are just as prevalant today as they have ever been, the technical level of a civilization does not speak about people's ability to think for themselves instead of accepting views presented to them by authority and other influencial people in their lives, it does not speak about people's ability to understand who they are within, does not speak about humanity's understanding about it's fundemental nature (service to self, entropic, etc).

Truth is an extremely varied thing, and you can always argue that one area of truth is more important than another, but it is always for each individual to decide for themselves what is more important to them and why. While knowledge has increased in certain areas of human endeavor, it has remained the same if not decreased in others - but the question is, which knowledge is transitory and will change with time, and which knowledge is truly universal and adds to the level of your very being? What is more important, knowing how to build a car, or understanding that assumptions to not lead to truth? What is more important, knowing how to make an omlet, or understanding where eggs come from and how things grow in nature and why? Do you see what I mean by "important"?

Please don't take offense to what I have said, your right I cannot judge the times we live in, but I have the right to observe and keep both eyes open to your so called truth and my version of the truth (which you think is an illusion)

I'm not taking offense, I'm just wondering what brought you to such a conclusion, what reasoning/evidence you have for this. Why is it that everything I observe indicates that the opposite is true, that humanity is falling further away from truth and accepts more and more lies? Do you and I not share the same world? Do you not agree that objective reality is what it is regardless of what either of us believes? If so, then shouldn't we strive to see what IS as it is, instead of trying to argue for some belief? Isn't is pointless to argue if there is only ONE truth, ONE objective reality - and all we have to do is simply try to SEE it? I don't wish to argue with you, I simply presented my understanding and why I have this understanding. I may be wrong, and I'm open to that, but are you open to the possibility of being wrong? If so, the only way to find out is to ask yourself WHY you have this view, what thought process or data led you to have it? And then see if you find contradictions or inconsistencies, see if maybe there is evidence that opposes your view. Of course, it would be nice to first have a view that is not completely vague or subjective, and see if you can make it more precise, something whose validity can actually be determined.

me and you are incapable of agreeing but anyone who can see eye to eye with me will know what I am talking about.

We are capable, the question is - will we? Once again, the point is not to "see eye to eye", but to see objective reality (the truth) as it is (if that is your intention anyway). Either you are wrong, or I am wrong, or we're both wrong, or we're both right to a certain degree. The devil is always in the details, and what you have said can be interpreted in a number of different ways, some of which make your statement wrong, others make your statement right - simply because it is vague.

Please do not attack me for this thread like I said we think differently there is nothing wrong with that.

No intention to attack, and different approach does not mean we will arrive at different conclusions. If our intention is to see things as they really are, then inevitably we will eventually have the same view - WHEN we both see reality as it truly is. The question is, how do we come closer to objective reality instead of arguing for some belief that may just as easily be wrong? Well, the best way I can see is simply to look at the evidence, look at the facts, and critically think about them and try to understand how they "connect" and form a coherent whole.

So lemme ask you, can you elaborate on your initial statement? Can you be more specific, and provide any reasoning or data that has led you to this conclusion? Can you give me anything more than what you said?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
First of great post, I just voted you for way above top secrete award and thats no lie.

Ok well here it is ... this might sound like its bs but its not. I made this thread to see how people would react to such a statement with so much irony in it considering this is a board full of conspirators. I wanted to see there take on reality, there take on the "truth" and "equality" and you have been kind enough to share yours with me.

in other words thanks for playing, and very good in-put, hope you understand.

Please other share what you think about this the statement "Age of truth and equality."

new topics

top topics

join