It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My headache is becuz of my monitor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ok all you ATS medical guroos, I have a serious question here.

Iam neither computer or medically smart, so some of my methods for trying
to solve my problem may seem a little "weird".

Lately I have been expierencing headaches whenever Im on the computer for any longer than one hour. Usually whenever I have something wrong with my body, wether it's a headache or a sore shoulder or even a hurt ankle, I simply take a motrin, carry on and let nature do it's fine job of healing....but nature in on vacation.

I've tried that, I've tried taking 15 min breaks every 45 min, I've tried wearing cheap 7/11 "made in china" sunglasses thinking that it was some kind of artificially produced UV ray or something. Recently I found that to be false.

I have googled and talked to my friends. Yet still I am at a
cease in my mission sto top the headaches.

The headaches are not serious, they are not severe by any comparison...they are just aches in my head that really piss me off.

At work I use a computer, but only glance at it every 5 min to see if any
new emails came from the boss. Within eight hours of work I probably look at my screen for about an hour or two spread out throughout the shift.
Unless Its friday or something at work then Im on ATS all 8 hours.

It happens at home, I might spend three consectutive hours at home dedicated to the computer. ATS and catching up on emails, that's about it.

What is this caused by and how Can i stop it?

Thank you all in advance for the help

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You could just be straining your poor eyeballs.

Do you wear glasses? I had this for a while, and in the end, a new prescription for my contacts fixed the problem, pronto. One of the great things about getting older. If you have insurance or can afford it, the optometrist/opthamologist would be my first suggestion.

Or maybe we just give you a headache......

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Couple questions...

Do you have a flat screen monitor?

Do you wear glasses? Or rather, should you be wearing glasses?

Curved monitors are known to be a little more harsh on your eyes, thus causing headaches....Possible solutions include getting a new LCD or flat panel monitor, or buying one of those flat screens to place over it...

They also make glasses specifiaclly designed for use at the computer, so you may want to check into those.....

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Try raising the refresh rate as high as your monitor allows.
A low refresh rate will cause headaches.
Most monitors default to 60hz. If that is the case try 85hz.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Couple questions...

Do you have a flat screen monitor?

Do you wear glasses? Or rather, should you be wearing glasses?

Curved monitors are known to be a little more harsh on your eyes, thus causing headaches....Possible solutions include getting a new LCD or flat panel monitor, or buying one of those flat screens to place over it...

They also make glasses specifiaclly designed for use at the computer, so you may want to check into those.....

No glasses here, 20/20 vision and im 22 years old...So it better not be age

I have a laptop that i hook up to a monitor and it is not a flatsreen/LCD

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Monitors cause headaches often because the refresh rate is off from what it should be. I think its often because its 'lower' than it should be for the eyes. Google around for 'refresh rate' and 'eyes, headache' etc and you should find something. Its easy to change the refresh rate once you find the proper rate.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risky_Bizness
Iam neither computer or medically smart, so some of my methods for trying
to solve my problem may seem a little "weird".

What is this caused by and how Can i stop it?

Thank you all in advance for the help

You are perfectly right. Your LCD monitor has no frequency and has no radiation, but since you are sitting at your PC all day, stressing your eyes and your mind, no wonder that you are doing right against your health.

Better stop that, daily 2 hours computing is perfectly enough. And you even save your eyes.

new topics

top topics

join