It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of Baalbek---The "Trilithon" Stones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I don't see why Sitchin's ideas are "out there". What cracks me up is that Sitchin's ideas people say are "out there" while the Christians (mostly) are perfectly feasable - in fact believed in by a great many people. In fact most people believe in a "God" of some sort that created either the universe or man or both or whatever.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I read earlier about similiar sites in south america, i would also like to point out similiarties in Morocco and off japan. This civilization apparently was a "world wide" civilization. Similar to our world today. If there were some technology of somekind there it would help. They may have been refered to as "giants" could this be more of a reference to their technical abilities, Building "giant" sites.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
there are other parts which is hard to swallow; especially an advanced civilization evolving on a planet below absolute zero for the majority of its 3600 year orbit.

Used to feel exactly the same way, Soothsayer. Then I re-examined the meaning- the ancient meaning- of the word planet. It did not mean world; it meant wanderer.

Years later I read about Aldrin Cyclers and a very unwelcome light came on. I think Sitchin is either an enthusiast with some wacky ideas or a disinfo agent preparing us for disclosure through partially refutable assertations.

Either way, one thing is for sure- our most ancient civilizations placed their origin in the Heavens. Makes you wonder if Bracewell wasn't right on.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I agree that sitchins ideas are alittle out there but he does have text to back up his ideas, did'nt he think that there is perhaps an ancient alien artifact inside the baalbeck stone perhaps left as a homing device. I read somewhere also that Tibet in ancient times had a giant wall syrrounding it, the stones were moved by sonic technology, a gift from the gods or technology from the fallen watcher giants. I hope I live long enough to see some of these oddidties answered, life is one great findout out adventure aint it.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
www.prophecy.worthyofpraise.org... Baalbek , Lebanon ( Baalabak/Baalbak/Baalbeck )! www.prophecy.worthyofpraise.org... Baalbeck -- was an Angel Buried here ?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Q. Who do you think built many of the ancient structures, like the pyramids, Baal Bek and perhaps some of the structures in South America?
A: I believe the Nephilim or giants were responsible for much of this. The Bible tells that the flood was global and scholars and skeptics alike of course, have debated this. The flood was global because the Nephilim had spread out all over the earth. I think many of the megalithic structures were crafted by these demonic hybrids. Click here for an excerpt from THE UNHOLY DECEPTION on this topic…
www.spiraloflife.com... There is an ancient temple at Baalbek in Lebanon known as the temple of Jupiter. Incorporated in the foundations are three huge cut-stone blocks weighing 800 tons each. Not far away lies another gigantic stone block called the Stone of the South, weighing 1000 tons. This is the combined weight of three 747 Jumbo Jets. How did the builders cut such huge blocks and, more to the point, how did they move them into place?
www.nephilimapocalypse.com... the nephilim and the pyramid of the apocalypse

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deep_MindQuest
Q. Who do you think built many of the ancient structures, like the pyramids, Baal Bek and perhaps some of the structures in South America?
A: I believe the Nephilim or giants were responsible for much of this. The Bible tells that the flood was global and scholars and skeptics alike of course, have debated this. The flood was global because the Nephilim had spread out all over the earth. I think many of the megalithic structures were crafted by these demonic hybrids. Click here for an excerpt from THE UNHOLY DECEPTION on this topic…
www.spiraloflife.com... There is an ancient temple at Baalbek in Lebanon known as the temple of Jupiter. Incorporated in the foundations are three huge cut-stone blocks weighing 800 tons each. Not far away lies another gigantic stone block called the Stone of the South, weighing 1000 tons. This is the combined weight of three 747 Jumbo Jets. How did the builders cut such huge blocks and, more to the point, how did they move them into place?
www.nephilimapocalypse.com... the nephilim and the pyramid of the apocalypse

If the Nephilim had spread out all over the Earth, why isn’t this type of thing all over the Earth, only in 2 or 3 places? Why there are not other constructions of this type in the rest of the Africa and Asia?

As for the capability of moving very large stones, do not forget one of the strongest forces we have the capability of using, gravity.
It may be very difficult to lift a very large stone, but if the stone is cut in a place above its final position, we only have to move it down, not up.

Also, the fact that the joining of the stones are so precise does not mean that the faces of the stones are absolutely parallel, we only see what the builders wanted to be seen, its not unusual to see a building with an outer perfect shape but with an inner rougher construction.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
the colossial stones are an engaging problem, indeed.

among the sites i visited was this one
www.geocities.com...
which offers critiques & alternative viewpoints along with the facts
and photos all around the baalbek structures.

i found that there's several quarries which are only hundreds of yards away
~as opposed to the distances being measured in miles or parts of miles, which one finds in the promotional material=designed to astound you~

perhaps the 'sandstone' megalith, was itself quarried in place, and made to look like individual, massive & colossal stones fitted together??
....remember, there's the magical significance of three...as in
those three 300-800-even 1000 ton blocks (the estimated weights vary a lot) which form a wall of sorts.

maybe a pagan culture found a sandstone deposit, which generally formed a horseshoe type of shape....the goddess priestly class had only to have the craftsmen quarry the rough formation into 'blocks' which appeared to have been masoned or architectured into place....and then only a
eastern wall had to be quarried and moved into place so as to form the
Temple
~you are aware that a 'Temple' is only a walled in area, which is open to the heavens/sky~ don't you?

the massive 1200 ton quarried stone, some 1/2 mile away, (see photo)i think was quarried there for the purpose of leading people to believe that it was going to be moved into place as part of the structure (which was in actuality a Temple area)
which was later filled in, and became the 'foundation' of the later Roman Temple which was later built on the site.

i do not try to substantuate these speculations, i only offer them because others have hinted that this might be plausable...& i agree.
I also found it interesting that local legend has it that the people along with the biblical Cain were the one's that 1st created that proto-religious temple site at baalbek...Lebanon

hey, i'm no scholar or writer....just a storyteller

and the idea of using gravity
& the idea of just having the outside fascade
appear precisely engineered
are two other qualities that have merit & substance...thanks!
& may your NewYear be rewarding

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
"To the north of Damascus lies the terrace of Baalbek—a platform built of stone blocks, some of which
have sides over 65 ft long and weigh nearly 2,000 tons. Until now archaeologists have not been able
to give a convincing explanation why, how and by whom the terrace of Baalbek was built. However,
the Russian Professor Agrest considers it possible that the terrace is the remains of a gigantic airfield.
If we meekly accept the neat package of knowledge that the Egyptologists serve to us, ancient Egypt
appears suddenly and without transition with a fantastic ready-made civilisation. Great cities and
enormous temples, colossal statues with tremendous expressive power, splendid streets flanked by
magnificent sculptures, perfect drainage systems, luxurious tombs carved out of the rock, pyramids of
overwhelming size—these and many other wonderful things shot out of the ground, so to speak.
Genuine miracles in a country that is suddenly capable of such achievements without recognisable
prehistory!"

'Chariots Of The Gods - By Erich Von Daniken'

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Groggy
"If we meekly accept the neat package of knowledge that the Egyptologists serve to us, ancient Egypt appears suddenly and without transition with a fantastic ready-made civilisation. Great cities and
enormous temples, colossal statues with tremendous expressive power, splendid streets flanked by magnificent sculptures, perfect drainage systems, luxurious tombs carved out of the rock, pyramids of
overwhelming size—these and many other wonderful things shot out of the ground, so to speak. Genuine miracles in a country that is suddenly capable of such achievements without recognisable
prehistory!"
'Chariots Of The Gods - By Erich Von Daniken'

Typical VonDaniken, and I deleted the part about the Baalbek "airfield."
It is completely untrue to make these blanket statements about the Egyptian civilization appearing "suddenly and without transition." The prehistory of Egypt may not be completely understood, but we do know it is there. There were no "splendid streets flanked by magnificent sculptures, perfect drainage systems, luxurious tombs carved out of the rock, pyramids of overwhelming size" while Egypt was divided into it's upper and lower kingdoms, and plenty is known about that time period.

It may have been true that when Von Daniken wrote those words, not much was known about Egypt's prehistory, but that is no reason for such hyperbole. Just because a thing is not known, that is no reason to deduce that other things, things that are known, must be somehow incorrect. There have been some recent finds in Egypt that predate even the two kingdoms time period, I was reading about this the other day online. If anyone's interested, I'll try to provide a link to that article, though I didn't save it.

Harte

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Indeed, if I'm right, the book is from somewhere in the 60's.
So he probably couldnt know as mutch as we can today about egypt.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Found it:

www.world-science.net...

An article about the stone-age people that are (now) thought to be the ancestors of the Egyptians.

Harte

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have plenty of issues with Sitchen. Remember years ago when people were saying that Nibiru was going to pass by close enough to Earth and destroy it and nothing happened? What about the time when people like Sitchen claimed Aliens lived in Nibiru, and photographs then showed it was just a big piece of rock and ice like Pluto? The story then changed into that Nibiru has aliens inside it. Bogus. Not even a planet, just a Kuiper belt or oort cloud object (similar to Pluto, not a real planet). Why should "Nibiru" have aliens inside it? I think I'll claim that Halleys comet has Giant Amazon women in it and sell a few books. Why also the obsession with the Annunaki? I could claim that Marduk or some other Babylonian deity was inside the Earth full of giant armies of greys and Reptilians about to wreck Havoc in San Francisco as soon as an earthquake destroyed it in 2021 and I assure you some people would beleive me if I spouted it in pseudoscientific terms, linked it with Nostradamus, or mentioned the Mark of the Beast in Revelations.
Disinfo. This has always been an obsession among human beings (way before 1947), the Vril society was extremely popular in 1930's Germany for example (they claimed the North and South poles had secret entrances to an underground world full of advanced people with wings, and rods which could decimate entire armies, Himmler and some of the Nazis were obsessed with this claim, they even sent expeditions to Antartica and Tibet for hints), in the 19th century the idea of "evolutionary cycles" and of ancient civilizations destroyed with ancient technology was popularised by Madame Blavatsky and her hacks (ie: Rudolph Steiner, Annie Besant, etc.) she was then irrefutably proved to be a fake in one of her seances (and her whole "secret doctrine" baloney story copied from the Hindu Vedas) and suddenly spiritualism and all it's wild claims became mute (until it's new 1947 UFO reincarnation). The current fad is now Reptilians which are somehow linked to aliens, and somehow are spiritual beings which hide in our society while controlling it from afar (how convenient). Sounds like a fat Fnord originating from David Icke (who claimed he was the Messiah on BBC, smart but crazy man-Very smart but crazy unfortunately)

Examples of disinfo spread to get us off the elite's back:

Dianetics

www.cs.cmu.edu...

Ray Palmer and his underground UFOs (this was the dude who started the UFO craze after the ABC broadcast on a crash in Roswell, here we have a 5 foot tall guy laughing away at the chumps who believed there was going to be an invasion of UFOs within 6 months unless the US made peace with the Soviet Union and nuked the Earth's core):

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Third eye hoax (here we have a plumber who got his first book on the history of woman's underpants rejected by the publisher, but then re-submits a bogus story of how he had his "third eye" reactivated by Tibetan monks, and of his incredible psychic powers after. Sold a million books, and was finally caught as a hoaxer eventually)

en.wikipedia.org...
www.museumofhoaxes.com...

Velikovsky-Sitchen's ideologue, the master crank behind Planet X, Annunaki invasions, and ilogical assertons such as Jupiter having giant fly colonies, Mars going to crash on Earth, and other funny stuff:

skepdic.com...

Go here for more disinfo:

www.museumofhoaxes.com...
www.uwgb.edu...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Finding disinfo is good. It usually begins as an affair to convince yourself that your opponent is wrong, but then you find out your wrong as well. Example in point: Monkey trial where Clarence Larkin used Pilt Down man, Java man, and Homo neanderthalensis as examples of how creationists were wrong. He was wrong in the end since those were either forgeries, Homo Sapiens fossils under stress (ie: rickets in Neanderthals), or other suspicious items.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Nakash]

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
I have plenty of issues with Sitchen. Remember years ago when people were saying that Nibiru was going to pass by close enough to Earth and destroy it and nothing happened? What about the time when people like Sitchen claimed Aliens lived in Nibiru, and photographs then showed it was just a big piece of rock and ice like Pluto? The story then changed into that Nibiru has aliens inside it. Bogus. Not even a planet, just a Kuiper belt or oort cloud object (similar to Pluto, not a real planet). Why should "Nibiru" have aliens inside it? I think I'll claim that Halleys comet has Giant Amazon women in it and sell a few books. Why also the obsession with the Annunaki? I could claim that Marduk or some other Babylonian deity was inside the Earth full of giant armies of greys and Reptilians about to wreck Havoc in San Francisco as soon as an earthquake destroyed it in 2021 and I assure you some people would beleive me if I spouted it in pseudoscientific terms, linked it with Nostradamus, or mentioned the Mark of the Beast in Revelations.
Disinfo. This has always been an obsession among human beings (way before 1947), the Vril society was extremely popular in 1930's Germany for example (they claimed the North and South poles had secret entrances to an underground world full of advanced people with wings, and rods which could decimate entire armies, Himmler and some of the Nazis were obsessed with this claim, they even sent expeditions to Antartica and Tibet for hints), in the 19th century the idea of "evolutionary cycles" and of ancient civilizations destroyed with ancient technology was popularised by Madame Blavatsky and her hacks (ie: Rudolph Steiner, Annie Besant, etc.) she was then irrefutably proved to be a fake in one of her seances (and her whole "secret doctrine" baloney story copied from the Hindu Vedas) and suddenly spiritualism and all it's wild claims became mute (until it's new 1947 UFO reincarnation).

This guy I like!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yes. Wholeheartedly agree. Sitchin makes me sick. He is a pseudo-scientist and it would not matter to me how deeply he researches any subject. At the end of the day, he interprets things in a certain way. The new age ancient aliens on earth type thing is just as bogus as mainstream religion to me. Both go out on a limb with no actual physical evidence.

My theory is this. People 5000yrs ago were every bit as smart as we are now. When people first grouped together in "civilisations" they used trial and error and their amazing brainpower to build bigger and more sophisticated things. As for Baalbek, I do believe the trilithon are pre roman. But I dont see how it had to be aliens or there had to be a modern crane?? Or gravity defying devices!

Ancient peoples had suitable materials. They had hardwoods with the knowhow to let them build very strong structures. Yes like cranes. They could manufacture rope. Also moving a 400 tonne obelisk is a different story altogether than moving a 400 tonne block. The granite obelisk was at a massive risk of cracking which was the main difficulty in trying to move it. I have to laugh when writers like sitchin say that even today we cant move 400tonnes. Is he serious? Does he really think we are all that stupid. I worked in a factory in holland called Spanbeton which built concrete sections for bridges with reinforced tensile steel. Some of these sections weighed incredible amounts around 1000 tonnes. It turns out that the cranes outside the factory can lift up to twice that weight. Modern cranes can lift way more than these bogus little cranes could. So Sitchin wants to milk it for his new age audience by saying wild claims like even today engineers would struggle to lift blah or blah. But thats pure crap

top topics

<< 1   >>

join