It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Area 51 associated with UFO and aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I asked this in the "A serious question"(or something like that) thread, but I decided to start a new thread.
Anyway, I Googeled for Area 51 and found this site that said:

"The facility and surrounding areas are also associated -- with varying levels of credibility -- with UFO and conspiracy stories. In 1989, Bob Lazar claimed on a Las Vegas television station that he had worked with alien spacecraft at Papoose Lake, south of Area 51. Since then, "Area 51" has become a popular symbol for the alleged U.S. Government UFO cover-up."

Now, if this is what the aliens-at-area-51 theories are based on, they aren't really that credible are they, since Lazar doesn't seem to have much credibillity? Is there anything else, besides eyewitess(people who worked there) accounts that supports the aliens-at-area-51 theory?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Not much evidence. But it is a secret research facility that has develped several advanced aircraft, so it is reasonable to assume that crashed flying saucers would go to a secret(ish) airbase.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have the 4 hour video testimony tape from the disclosure project of Government and military people stating that area 51 does have wreckage of ufo's there because they filled up hangar after hangar at Wright Patterson and ran out of room etc.

There's lots of evidence out there if you look into it seriously!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Area 51 is one of the most secrtive places on the earth if not the most. It's also an airbase. Think about it. Mysterious objects in the air(planes) that the goverment says doesn't exist. This doesn't take a rocket sciencetist. It doesn't exist says the government so why stop the ufo rumors. It takes some eyes off the base(like 2 maybe 4 eyes in total) for these objects. It's kinda obvious.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Bob Lazar is a bull#ter, I read a review from a guy that worked with Lazar, its bull everyone has known that for years

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I always thought that it was because the stuff from the Roswell crash ended up at Area 51, and since people just have a heyday with Roswell (whether you believe it or no), it just became associated with UFO's.

But I'm probably wrong, because I came up with that all on my own.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I'm going to have to look it up, but I'm not sure that Groom Lake was around until 49 or so...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i could not find it on the web but there is footage of a circular craft mauvering in a way not possible in conventional craft over area 51 if you download winmx search ufo over area 51 under the video category thats where i found it. also the evidence that there is other technologies there from witnesses and former employee's is overwhelming. think about this why else would the government deny the bases existence despite us being able to look directly at it.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I thought Lazar brought the attention to the facility. And with the government denying the place even existed, the flames were fanned and the theories spread.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Ess Why Kay]

new topics

top topics

join