It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Republicans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I know most of the bloggers on this forum are pro-defence, but even the most ardent among has to admitt this insane. The navy wants to build between 260 to 300+ advance surface ships including carriers, the Bush adminstration wants a comprehesive, don't let kid you, National missle defence, and now the Army want to spend 165 billion on Future Combat Systems. What ever that means. Oh, I forgot each new naval ship will cost on avg. between 1 to 3 billion per ship. In total more than a trillion dollar of defence spending that doesn't include the cost of fighting the war on terror, or the cost of feeding, clothing, and shelter the armed forces spread over God and creation. This is like the democrats and social spending. I no expert, but it seems we will be spending more on weapons in the next decade or so than we did during the most of the Cold War. Just who are we preparing to fight. The chinese spend even in the liberal account about 100 billion on weapons and are 30 years behind us. It is like we are getting ready fight a World War when there is no enemy capable of fighting us. No one, is marching in to Poland nor is anyone bombing Pearl. A vast red army isn't sweeping its way across the globe. I know I asking for your derision, so go an let me have it.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
They're only going to build 300 ships? I think they should make it 1000. It's a nice round number. We should also build bigger bombs, and use more of them.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Its not like we cant sell them off when they get old and we have better technology.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven7
They're only going to build 300 ships? I think they should make it 1000. It's a nice round number. We should also build bigger bombs, and use more of them.

Peace!

God the irony! I hope that was deliberate. Funny either way.

new topics

top topics

join