It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope's health slipping - update -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
CNN is reporting right now that the Pope has a very high fever caused by a urinary tract infection. The Vatican is saying that his condition is worsening rapidly.

[edit on 3/31/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yes, all of the major news websites have newscrawls saying that his health has taken a sudden downturn. There are no updated links, though.

I hope that we can talk about this without sounding macabre. It will be a time of mourning for nearly a billion people.

I also hope that we can appreciate his major achievement -- helping to end the iron grip of communism on eastern europe -- without devolving into attacks on particular religions.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Personaly, I'm not very fond of this man, so I care very little if he dies. Adiue to the man who deemed homosexual marriage to be evil.

Deep

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Personaly, I'm not very fond of this man, so I care very little if he dies. Adiue to the man who deemed homosexual marriage to be evil.

Deep

Well, everyone's free to disagree with the Catholic Church's 'Culture of Life' doctrines. It should be noted, though, that its teachings regarding abortion, cloning, and homosexuality are rooted in these 'Culture of Life' doctrines. So... in a way... saying that you don't like the head of the Catholic Church because he doesn't recognize homosexual marriage is like saying that you don't like Hindus because they believe in reincarnation.

My point is that celebrating the death of someone whom you don't like because they represent their religion is somewhat bigoted.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The Pope's aides have performed the last rites. The vatican is saying it does not mean he's close to death, but they're admitting his condition is very very serious.

edit for spelling

[edit on 3/31/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm not a Catholic by any means, but I am Christian, and I respect what the Pope has done during his lifetime. He has no religious significance to me, but I share his opinions on several contentious topics (which I won't get into here, as they are off topic) and I for one will be sad to see him go, which looks like it will be very, very soon. Love him or hate him, this Pope's going to be a hard act to follow.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm not celebrating his death, if anything, I'm indifferent. I'm not fond of the mans propositions throught life which disregarded simply reason; his religious dogmatism will not end with him, this is my only fear, nothing more.

Deep

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well it seems that his old age is taking over his body and perhaps even the wiliness to live, Is amazing how our bodies get to the point that starts to shot down when is time to move on.

new topics

top topics

join