It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Sun just flip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I was looking at the lasco images of the Sun and I found something weird looking.

The first mpg (around 2.5 MByte), shows the Sun "flipping out" at around the 24th March. You can see from the following link:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

The second mpg (also around 2.5 MByte), shows the darkish red area also "switching" from the SE corner to the NW corner of the Sun...also around the 24th March.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Anyone got any ideas what this could be.

Cheers

JS

[edited to add the second link]

[edit on 31-3-2005 by jumpspace]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The second mpg (also around 2.5 MByte), shows the darkish red area also "switching" from the SE corner to the NW corner of the Sun...also around the 24th March.

Maybe its the darkish red area moving, and not the entire sun. But i have no knowledge on the subject.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
The first mpg (around 2.5 MByte), shows the Sun "flipping out" at around the 24th March. You can see from the following link:

You have to watch the video carefully, but you'll see it jumps back a coupl days for that second. It's real quick and takes a few tries to catch. Just watch the date though.

If you keep watching you'll see those first two sunspots coming back around. They appear a couple days after the one that appears in the upper left. The one that formed on the upper left either was around the edge of the Sun when the video started, or formed on the other side out of view.

new topics

join