It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Iraqi intel "Dead wrong"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

President George W Bush has welcomed a study that says US intelligence agencies know "disturbingly little" about enemy weapons programmes.
Describing the report as "extremely significant", he said US intelligence needed "fundamental change" to face the threats of the 21st Century.

The study makes recommendations for new director of US intelligence John Negroponte, who heads 15 spy agencies.

The study in particular criticises US collection of intelligence in Iraq.

The report says dramatic changes are needed to prevent failures similar to the fiasco over Iraq's missing weapons, including the creation of a a national counter-proliferation centre to combat the spread of weapons of mass destruction.

Mr Bush said intelligence had to be "timely and accurate"......

....... "The intelligence community was dead wrong in almost all of its pre-war judgments about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction," the panel concluded.

"We simply cannot afford failures of this magnitude," it added.......

........the harm done to American credibility "will take years to undo."

- This from the man who hours after the events of 9/11 demanded Iraq be linked to it.

www.heraldsun.news.com.au...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Report in full here (pdf) -

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
We supply weapons to the Isrealis, we should get them to show us a thing or two about spying, seeing as how they seem to be the experts.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
And yet they want us to believe all the 'evidence' they have about Iran's nuclear program etc., Syria etc.
It seems that it is, 'Shoot first, (try to)find(or make) evidence later'.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Where oh where is the BushCo chorus line?!?

i REALLY cannot wait to hear how they spin this one

*gets comfy*

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Oh, but Saddam was the WMD. Remember?

(That's my all time favourite)

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
just got that info on TV in New Zealand:

Unfortunately no response from government why they did what they did.

If I made a professional mistake i would have been strung from the yard arm(and that have maybe effected 1-30 people)
but here is a country waging war and nothing is said about it or acted upon.
Im not laying blame, but after reading about Bilderberg and being party to the the FRY incident, Gulf ONE , i am having serious doubts about the integrity and motives of the world powers.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The media's coverage of this major blunder is disturbingly silenced by the other none important items they are covering. i.e. michael jackson, terri schiavo, and the pope. Once again this is a sign of the wool being pulled over our eyes.

PEOPLE WAKE UP

top topics

join