It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA FOIA request findings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I just got a FOIA request back from NASA in the mail today. Included in the packet of papers is around 10 memos and documents from NASA, the White House, and a Scientific Pannel all from the 1970's having to do with UFO studies! I have seen many docs before, but never seen these! I'll be faxing them to Bill Hamilton and Stan Friedman, so maybe they'll post them on the internet somewhere. I'll keep you posted.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
?Why can't you post them on the internet yourself?

Somewhere like ..here.. would be good.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If I only had a scanner.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What was your FOIA request for?

Why don't you just post the titles? A lot of documents are allready available on the Internet, then we can try to find them and see if they are out allready. But if they were not released before, I'm sure someone could help you get them posted here. I wonder if Kinko's would scan documents for you?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How detailed are these documents?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How detailed? Don't know what you mean. Lets just say that Stan Friedman told me he doesn't have these docs so they must be rare. I think I have a great "find" here! I have a Staples store by my house. I only have $6 to my name until I get paid tomorrow! This pisses me off!

I WILL FAX THEM TO SOMEONE ON ATS TOMORROW AFTERNOON AS WELL AS STAN FRIEDMAN AND BILL HAMILTON. BE PATIENT. I DIDN'T KNOW I ONLY HAD $6 UNTIL TOMORROW WHEN I GET MY PAY CHECK!

[edit on 31-3-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Let me quote from one of the 13 pages of documents/memos:

"Enclosure (2), "Celestial Passengers - - UFO's & Space Travel" on pages 26 through 32, inclusive, detail what could be a piece of a UFO that has been thoroughly examined for over two months by the Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory."

13 DEC 1977

Memo

TO: W. Boyes A/Administrator

SUBJECT: UFO's

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To be honest I don't know what FOIA is, but I asume it's a part of NASA? Anyway, any ideas why they would give you these documents especially if they have not been relased before?
Nice job!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
FOIA stands for Freedom Of Information Act. Most government agencies have a way to submit a FOIA request either via online electrinic submission or through the mail to request copies of documents and records. Most of the time if you're asking about UFO documents you get stonewalled and denied.

I truely think NASA decided to send me some docs from the 1970's that have been sitting around in some folder for a while and they figure since I bother them so much they'd just send them to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'll ask again.

What was your FOIA request for?
Why don't you post the title of the documents?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My original request was to do with the Kecksburg UFO crash in PA. But instead they sent me some rare docs from the 1970's. I'm not complaining!

I guess they got sick of me bothering them so they sent me something worth while!

"Enclosure (2), "Celestial Passengers - - UFO's & Space Travel" on pages 26 through 32, inclusive, detail what could be a piece of a UFO that has been thoroughly examined for over two months by the Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory."

13 DEC 1977

Memo

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks Mesh. Well an initial search didn't bring anything. The Subject only has "UFO's" in it? To vague to do a search. I tried "FOIA Celestial Passengers UFO's & Space Travel" and got nothing. Look for other clues, and do a search.

You might have something there.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wow...
maybe the whole key to getting the answers from the government is to just
BUG THE HELL OUT OF THEM...

I love it mesh...

so much so that i will give you my way above vote for your efforts at being a pain in NASA's a$$.

You have voted meshuggah1324 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

keep up the obnoxious efforts...

[edit on 31-3-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thanks, like I promised these docs will be posted on ATS within the next few days. I'm also sending them to Stan Friedman.

"The key is not to give up, and not be lazy."

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If they were already released, seems she woulda just pointed him to their website, not sent him hard copies...right? Can't wait to see what you have man!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Most of these 13 pages of material are memos written from the White House to NASA or vice versa. And from the Presidents Scientific Pannel. Nothing out of this world, but good none the less. Proves that even in the 1970's they were still talking and dealing with the UFO subject. They also point out that back in the 1970's 51% of the American people believed in UFOs.

PS - Anyone who wants me to FAX them copies of this tomorrow and you can post them on ATS? I don't have a scanner and I don't know how to post them. But I can FAX them to you and you can post them on ATS. Send me a U2U with your FAX number and I'll send the 13 pages to you tomorrow after I get my pay check. Sorry, I only have enough money to send them to one person. That one person will post them on ATS. OK?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You have voted meshuggah1324 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324

13 DEC 1977

Memo

Hey, that's the day I was born
Maybe it's a peice of a UFO that was crashed after dropping me off to my parents...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Umm, not to bring things down a little, but does anybody remember what tomorrow is?

4/1/05 in other words APRIL FOOLS day...

Personally I'd love to see some release of documents from NASA stating anything about the existance of UFO's/ET's, but I'm just a bit sceptical of this given the guarded history of any governmental institution.

Let's see those documents...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
These docs/memos do not prove anything other than the fact that in the 1970's the White House and NASA where debating on whether to study them again and who should be in control of it. This is big in itself because you always hear that the government lost interest in UFOs as of 1968. WRONG. Interesting docs, like I said though "nothing out of this world"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join