It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seti@Home Help?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I am a noob and I want to start a SETI@home what do I need and can someone give me and tips?
thanks !

[Edited on 7/18/2003 by Beast4rmDaEast]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well u need a computer, and then you need to download it fromthe Berkly site, I thinks it berkly. anyways its simple it just runs fromthe screen saver, but you dont have to have it as the screen saver if you let it run constant.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Well u need a computer, and then you need to download it fromthe Berkly site, I thinks it berkly. anyways its simple it just runs fromthe screen saver, but you dont have to have it as the screen saver if you let it run constant.

I don't need to buy no gizmos? Ok I found the link to it and I downloaded SETI@home i have 5.5% done in 30 mins, this is a bit confusing, but how would I know I have come in contact with an et? I have no clue what I am doing. Also I heard you can listin to the sound you have obtained, is it true?

[Edited on 7/18/2003 by Beast4rmDaEast]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You download a screen saver that can go get a chunk of data from SETI over the internet, analyze that data, and then report the results back to them. When you need your computer back, the screen saver instantly gets out of the way and only continues it's analysis when you are finished with your work.

You can listen to the signals SETI recieves HERE.

For everybody else interested in aiding SETI u can download SETI@Home HERE.

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by Hades]

new topics

top topics

join