It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up your sleeve ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
You guys know it's April first already....right?

Not in my time zone. Its March 31st.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
You guys know it's April first already....right?

Not in the UK, Simon has to be in on this.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Your timezones suck. Us in the future say so.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What if someone planned an attack on the site, or some other serious matter was planned for April 1 just to throw everyone off? That would be too ironic. We would all be thinking that this was a joke when something seious was going on.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
One could argue the line between serious and joke is often blurred on this site.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by savannah
What if someone planned an attack on the site, or some other serious matter was planned for April 1 just to throw everyone off? That would be too ironic. We would all be thinking that this was a joke when something seious was going on.

Oh brother. But what if the mods knew we knew that, so then they made a hoax disguised as a real attack disguised as a hoax to trick us? But oh no! What if real attackers knew that, and they made a real attack disguised as a hoax disguised as a real attack disguised as a hoax?? etc etc etc

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Seeing Sceptics thread about ATS having failed and going down, I guess the aprils fools joke could be the site being taken down and replaced with something else :p

Would give a #load of guys on the board a heartattack for sure!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I don't know nuffin'.

I just sit here and read my homework on Computer Mediated Communication and try to keep youse guys from kicking each others' kneecaps to bits.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I don't know nuffin'.

Then that means you know something
Spill it Byrd

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
ATS will confess it is apart of the New World Order and I, infinite, am the leader of it

So where's the joke?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

Originally posted by infinite
ATS will confess it is apart of the New World Order and I, infinite, am the leader of it

So where's the joke?

The joke is that BTS is left out of the NWO.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yesterday's trashed blackmail thread about whistle-blowing on the ATS Feds was clearly not enough to satiate some gluttonous appetites for shenanigans.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
April 1st tomarrow and they cancel school...no fun...stupid professional developement days...

Just dont pull it on CPR o_O he takes things too seriously...I was joking around with him on AIM, saying Asala, Relentless, Banshee and Me were gonna become ATS admins....and he seriously thought I was gonna hack ATS o_O....

I wonder what'll happen too...we've had all this drama we need some fun...btw SO
if you need any help with it just call me

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by Byrd
I don't know nuffin'.

Then that means you know something
Spill it Byrd

Wow! I didn't know my homework was so fascinating! Well...

In order to anticipate and resolve potential cross-cultural misunderstandings related to online exchanges in Computer Mediated Communication (CMC), scholars and in particular anthropologists need to examin potential areas of cultural conflict (Ulijn and Strother) and investigate whether or not these are mediated or ameliorated by the distancing factor of CMC (St. Amant.) Hiltz and Turoff pont out that these interactions are simply reduced to cueless words. The apparent online anonymity (Turkle) (Warnick) gives CMC users a great deal of liberty, which perhaps comes at a cost (Baym)....

I have about 18 pages more that I can spill on CMC at the drop of a hat.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Yesterday's trashed blackmail thread about whistle-blowing on the ATS Feds was clearly not enough to satiate some gluttonous appetites for shenanigans.
I dug up an old April Fool's thread and responded to it. It was bumped up afterwards. I said in that thread that ATS admin are going to pull something off to fool everybody. Now, it is in the trash bin. Obviously, ATS admin are trying to keep this quiet, or did try by trashing that April Fool's thread I responded to.

Hmm...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Oh brother. But what if the mods knew we knew that, so then they made a hoax disguised as a real attack disguised as a hoax to trick us? But oh no! What if real attackers knew that, and they made a real attack disguised as a hoax disguised as a real attack disguised as a hoax?? etc etc etc

ouch me poor head hurts from that
drogo be confused.
hmm drogo need go take tylenall size of buick

seriously though how the heck are we suppost to know a joke from the everyday fact, fiction and just plain weirdness that is ats every day?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is spooky - At one point there were 22 people on chat today and 13 of them were Mods !

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
maybe Aussie Bloke will be back?

=]

-wD

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
do what you want, nobody with a brain will eat it.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm doubting there'll be anything this year, if there is it'll have to be clever. Nothing can beat the DHS takeover of 2003.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join