It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tv series"V"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have never seen it but could some one tell me the story(spoilers of course) and why was is not available for sometime.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Should be fully available...I have it on DVD myself...

As a sidenote, they're doing a remake of it.

Basically, here's the story...

The aliens reveal themselves in a BIG way, with giant motherships hovering over all major cities. (ala Independence Day).

They look just like us (on the outside), and promise to help us cure cancer, etc. etc. in exchange for certain invaluable minerals.

They are actually reptoid aliens though, that are here to collect water and food (in the form of humans). This secret is learned by many scientists and others, who then form a resistance.

The presence of the resistance allows the aliens to slowly take over, under the guise of help (with MANY parallels to the Nazi rise in Germany in WWII).

It's actually probably my favorite alien movie (miniseries) of all time.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
"V" was an awesome tv series! I remember watching it on tv when I was a kid. I was totally enamoured with it. I can't wait to see what a the new version will be like!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Look at the Armband the Aliens are wearing, it's a futuristic Swastika.

It was based off the NAZI invansion of Poland. The ending was kind of lame.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
"V" is absolutely excellent! The entire series is available on DVD including V, V: The Final Battle, and V: The Television Series.

If you already own the DVDs but have lost or damaged them, you can download backup copies from various BitTorrent and eDonkey sources.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

If you already own the DVDs but have lost or damaged them, you can download backup copies from various BitTorrent and eDonkey sources

Slick disclaimer....

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I remember watching it as a kid and it scared the hell out of me. I went out and bought all the DVD box sets last year and spent days watching them all over again(much to my girlfriends displeasure as she cant stand sci-fi).
It must be about 20 years now since it was made so it is a little dated but it would be nice to see a more updated version.
Another good sci-fi series that I got into was farscape, but alas they have cancelled that show as well now.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I agree with Gazrock."V" was certainly the best sci-fi miniseries,ever produced.Many stars appeared in this,and interacted well.For the 1970's, even the effects were pretty good.Excellent,the idea of a remake! The original series,was shown on British TV every night in 1976,when a strike by camera men,put an end to seeing the Olympics.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by britcitusa
IThe original series,was shown on British TV every night in 1976,when a strike by camera men,put an end to seeing the Olympics.

- I think you'll find that was 1984 (Los Angeles olympics).

I remember being mighty relieved there was something other than damned athletics etc to watch on the goggle-box back then; we'd only just gotten channel 4 in the UK then & IIRC BBC & ITV were both still into showing major sports events like the olympics at the same time, a total nightmare if you weren't interested!

I remember hoping any aliens we did end up contacting looked as fine as some of the 'V' aliens!
(but it was kind of corny and cheesy in that way so many US shows are, sorry guys but it's true, with a few exceptions your tv production companies ruin so many shows and their at least half decent ideas in persuit of trying to appeal to such a wide audience.)

[edit on 16-8-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

top topics

join