It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did life cause the Big bang?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
(Scientiffy information bit) Scientists have stated tht wen the "big bang" occured when an large amount of matter came into contat with an amount of antimatter.

- the reason they didnt simply cancel each other out scientists believe that there was less antimatter to matter, so some matter survived, creating the universe we know today - important!

NOW, as you may have heard scientists have recently been able to produce antimatter. if we ARE able to mass produce antimatter it would probably be THE most important advancement in sci/tech.

FACT - Scientists at the CERN facility calculated that an amount of antimatter the size of a 50 pence coin (medium bottle cap sized for all you non-british) would create an explosion the size of a hum-V car.

Now what were to happen if the entire world, each family, had antimatter powered cars, houses, lights, antimatter powered toasters even. What were to happen if they all went KABOOM???

Now the likelyhood of them all turning off at the same time is next to nothing...but it only takes one to explode...and mucho explodo chain reaction?

So finally my question - will this giant amount of antimatter cause an explosion so large that it will cause the the destruction of the universe?

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What exactly is anti-matter? And how exactly do scientists produce it? It is a good theory, but how would you have anti-matter powered items if when anti-matter contacted matter it would explode?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by woahimapro
What exactly is anti-matter? And how exactly do scientists produce it? It is a good theory, but how would you have anti-matter powered items if when anti-matter contacted matter it would explode?

I define antimatter(in my basic knowledge of it) as the pure opposite of matter.

As for containing antimatter, you must use advanced electromagnetic fields to hold it in place. I believe this is the only way known to man currently to keep it from contacting matter.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by iceofspades]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
(Scientiffy information bit) Scientists have stated tht wen the "big bang" occured when an large amount of matter came into contat with an amount of antimatter.

- the reason they didnt simply cancel each other out scientists believe that there was less antimatter to matter, so some matter survived, creating the universe we know today - important!

NOW, as you may have heard scientists have recently been able to produce antimatter. if we ARE able to mass produce antimatter it would probably be THE most important advancement in sci/tech.

FACT - Scientists at the CERN facility calculated that an amount of antimatter the size of a 50 pence coin (medium bottle cap sized for all you non-british) would create an explosion the size of a hum-V car.

Now what were to happen if the entire world, each family, had antimatter powered cars, houses, lights, antimatter powered toasters even. What were to happen if they all went KABOOM???

Now the likelyhood of them all turning off at the same time is next to nothing...but it only takes one to explode...and mucho explodo chain reaction?

So finally my question - will this giant amount of antimatter cause an explosion so large that it will cause the the destruction of the universe?

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Shadow88]

No, It was God's orgasm...

[edit on 1-4-2005 by mwen]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The big bang is just as inexplainable as Creation of the universe by God.
It's not even a theory...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
The big bang is just as inexplainable as Creation of the universe by God.
It's not even a theory...

Please elaborate; why is the big bang not a theory?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
Please elaborate; why is the big bang not a theory?

I put it to words wrong.
It is a theory, but not a theory that explains life or even how everything started.
The reason the big bang is so widely accepted is because such a big explosion "would" explain why our galaxy looks and acts like it does now.

To say it hasn't been proven is an understatement, the theorie of the big bang actually raises more questions than it answers and "assumes" a load of things. To me the big bang is just a "wild guess" by scientists who are really clueless to how things started, and base their conclusions on their lacking knowledge.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Jakko]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well, my good friend it its possible. That is why we must now use antimatter, there would be no point, as it is extremley reactive with anything matter.

One quick Shadow: Could Humans even touch anti-matter without being blown to nothing?

I think I'll stick to matter for my toasters

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
OK dudes for all of u who are like.....not talkin bout the topic and stuff.

Antimatter is the exact opposite of matter. The electrons on antimatter are negatively charged, matter is positively charged. When they come into contact they cause the MOTHER OF ALL EXPLOSIONS!

A method of containment has alredi been developt.

If the entire planet were to use antimatter and if it failed god knows what would hapen to the surrounding area of the galaxy...

(ill post the link in a mo 2 the antimatter containment

and regardless if the big bang happened the amount of antimatter tlked about would cause unbelielable damages if it went wrong

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

The odds are overwhelmingly in our favor that it would not be humans who destroyed the universe in that fashion if it is possible. I think its quite likely that some other species would have already destroyed it.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
We cant create or store enough anti matter to blow up a house at the moment, let alone a universe!

Anti matter research is in its infancy, it won't be until the next generation of particle accelerators that we get usable quantities.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There are many misconceptions and plain errors posted in this thread. These can be dispelled by proper use of Google and reading the relevant materials.

Scientists have been "producing" antimatter since early 1930-s. Positrons coming from certain beta-decays are a case of anti-matter. Later, anti protons and even small anti-nuclei were produced using accelerators. I don't even think it's that exciting.

Universe was not created by a clash of a chunk of matter with a chunk of anti matter for many reasons I'm too lazy to describe (use Google).

Antimatter can be contained not only by "advanced" EM field but even by a simple EM field.

Etc etc etc

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Aelita]

new topics

top topics

join