It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terri Shiavo Died

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I knew it was inevitable, but when I heard the news of Terri's death, my heart sunk.

I can't believe Micheal Shiavo got away with it. This was a classic case of "conflict of interest". This guy wanted her dead very badly. He got his wish.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
South Park was so true, satan controlling the republicans, how the hell did they know?

Anyways, again, this isn't news, it never was news, it should have never been on the news as news but a side piece, like the water skiing squirrel. Also, how hypocritical the republicans are out to kill everything they can, but you get this one person who is brain dead and they fight to the death for her. WTF????? Kill everyone!!!! Blow up hospitals for passing out condoms! Shoot doctors for playing god when they give out penicillin! Burn people alive for witchcraft! ire Bomb IRAQ!!!! KILL EVERYONE!!!! What? Oh, SAVE TERRI!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
South Park was so true, satan controlling the republicans, how the hell did they know?

Anyways, again, this isn't news, it never was news, it should have never been on the news as news but a side piece, like the water skiing squirrel. Also, how hypocritical the republicans are out to kill everything they can, but you get this one person who is brain dead and they fight to the death for her. WTF????? Kill everyone!!!! Blow up hospitals for passing out condoms! Shoot doctors for playing god when they give out penicillin! Burn people alive for witchcraft! ire Bomb IRAQ!!!! KILL EVERYONE!!!! What? Oh, SAVE TERRI!!!!

*Nods*

Aye, such is the case. It's like what Wayne Gayle of Natural Born Killers said..."junk food for the brain."

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You know what's ironic? Terry Schiavo collapsed 15 years ago because of complications with bulimia. People with bulimia have very bad body images and are very concerned with their appearance.

I have to imagine that it would have to be one of her worst nightmares to be shown on TVs all over the world looking like that.

And yes, I thought about that before last night's South Park....

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
it doesn't matter what any of you think or say anymore as the same for me.THEY CONTROL THE FUTURE OF ALL............THE OUTER LIMITS.really............the robot sheep of america which is the majority has given (since the usa 's inception) their undieing loyalty and gratitude, false pride ect........toward feeding this now grown monster.................. beast.it has a life it's own now.......... sucked from the souls of the dead..........walking around as something resembling human kind. any true patriot realizes this.the world has ended long ago............we're just going through the formalities

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
This is a tragedy that was entirely avoidable. Legal documentation is the only way to avoid it from happening again. If you don't have a document expressing your wishes, especially after seeing this play out, you're an idiot.

Hey Djarums! Good to see ya back on the boards.

YOu make some good, solid points in your post. If we all can learn something from this, its that we should all be prepared for whatever outcome we face.

I feel bad for the Schindler family. I support Michael Schiavo's rights as husband; but, it seems awful cold of him to go ahead with plans to put her remains with his family plot. It's a shame they can't meet in the middle somehow. It would probably comfort the Schindlers greatly to bury her (or her ashes) with their family. It's just a big, sad mess.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
On to the political circus of spin:
The HEIGHT of Republican Hipocracy from Tom DeLay,

Congressman DeLay has denounced the removal of Terri Schiavo's feeding tube as "an act of barbarism." But that's not what he felt 16 years ago when he told the doctors not to put his father on dialysis to prevent kidney failure.
DeLay Hypocracy

Oh yeah, and then there's Rush "Pills" Limbaugh offering his opinion, calling the tube removal "execution" and that it was "torture."

Let me get this straight.. he's the biggest cheerleader of them all for the administration, calling TORTURE at Abu Ghraib nothing more than college-like PRANKS and yet he turns around and says that? What a f**khead!

I can't believe anyone still listens to that blowhard.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
I have to imagine that it would have to be one of her worst nightmares to be shown on TVs all over the world looking like that.

Another good point. Truly. I doubt she would have wanted footage of herself in that condition beamed across the world. She would probably be horrified at the thought.

One more thing, why is it the "news" has to go on and on about bollocks like the Michael Jackson (celebrity) trial; and why does ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT insist on covering stuff like the Schiavo case? It's absurd. Television "news" is worthless infotainment.

Ratings.. ratings.. ratings...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
How can you people not get it!?

THIS IS JUST A DISTRACTION TO HAVE YOU ALL FORGET THAT IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS SINCE THE INVASION OF IRAQ!

I must say though that it is quite effective.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This woman's death is not a distraction; although the media lost its mind over it. I watched this story build online for months, and never wasted my time studying the case. It's a private family matter; or should've been. When she died, I thot that it was good she is finally not suffering anymore and felt bad for the family. Just wanted to share my feelings on it.

As for the war, if you think I've forgotten about all that, you havn't read anything I've written here at ATS.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
You know what's ironic? Terry Schiavo collapsed 15 years ago because of complications with bulimia. People with bulimia have very bad body images and are very concerned with their appearance.

And yes, I thought about that before last night's South Park....

Exactly what I'd been thinking too, Flinx! If she was so focused on her looks as to put her health at risk this way....she would have fought like heck to keep her image off of TV....yet her parents never hesitated to do it....this should have been one of Terri's wishes they could have been sure of!

If the bulimia was not the cause of her condition, her doctors and their lawyers would have been the first to scream it from the rooftops, if there had been any sign of abuse. They would not have missed the chance to tell the jury all about it in the malpractice trial.

And why is no one driving home the point that bulimia is a dangerous condition, and using this case as a warning to others who think it is a viable weight loss method???

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The bullemia thing is just speculation. Her doctors basically rejected that as the cause.

One thing that strikes me is the viciousness of those were screaming to keep her alive. Accusing Mr. Shiavo of beating her and whatnot. That is just base, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ECK, I am sure they had proof, like god came down and talked to someone besides Bush or something. Or maybe Micheal confessed to a priest, and the priest blurted it out when he was busy raping a 8 year old. Or maybe 100,00 Iraqi citizens knew this and this is why Bush fire bombed them, not for oil. See how many things are going on in the real world not being covered?

Also, as stated, the republicans are just as much of hypocrits as the christians. KILL! RAPE!! STEAL!!! TORTURE!!!! DO DRUGS!!!!! But don't kill this brain dead woman.....

[edit on 1-4-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Also, as stated, the republicans are just as much of hypocrits as the christians. KILL! RAPE!! STEAL!!! TORTURE!!!! DO DRUGS!!!!! But don't kill this brain dead woman.....

That's exactly my thought earlier regarding Limbaugh's absurdly nauseating hypocrisy.

Abu Ghraib torture = college frat pranks

shiavo exercising his right as an informed husband = murderer, torturer

Forget about the myriad doctors opinions and court findings.

We live in la la land....

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Did someone call? Oh hey James. How's it going?

...just as much of hypocrits as the christians. KILL! RAPE!! STEAL!!! TORTURE!!!! DO DRUGS!!!!!

Awe man, just as I was walking into the room. Seems to happen every time. Okay, lay it on me. How do I kill, rape, steal, torture and do drugs? (other than the doxycycline antibotic my doctor gave me yesterday for a persistent sinus infection).

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
That was the republicans, christians are more like

"We are a peaceful religon, NOW KILL ANYONE WHO OPPOSES US!!!! We believe in not judging, for that is god's job. YOU ARE EVIL BECAUSE I JUDGE YOU SO!!!! Love everyone, except blacks, gays, jews, atheists, witches, and anyone else who doesn't think being "blessed" by a priest is good. Your book is wrong, how can I prove this? My book says so. Abortion is evil, adoption is the answer! What? Me adopt? Ha, leave that to someone who cares about what happens once it has left the womb. How dare you say we came from living animals! That is insulting, but coming from dirt isn't. How dare you use the bible to prove me to be the asshole/ignorant that I am, you aren't christian, you can't use it, only I can because I am christian." Or even better....

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian
10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.0000000001% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.9999999999% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

BTW, voted you for WATS, might as well, you don't go into rabid kill them all mode when someone has a different opinion then you. So nice to see some people aren't insane.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's sad. As a Christian, I see BushCo. and their lunatic fringe making a mockery of my faith.

In the matter of Bush v. Florida state sovereignty:

Jesus said "render unto Ceasar.." meaning FOLLOW the LAW. Not subvert it to meet your personal view.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join