It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terri Shiavo Died

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
it says there the civil war will get kicked off by something that happens to "a woman".

My girlfriend's car got towed away by the traffic enforcement, so that must be it. It happened. Prepare for the civil war.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Oh well, maybe its YOUR civil war.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
help stop the fueding and bickering and disinformation.

I'm not spreading disinfo. Believe it or not, I got a call from a source just b4 10 a.m. It was before the story broke.

Minutes before the announcement of her death, Schiavo's parents, Mary and Bob Schindler, and her brother hurriedly entered the hospice in Pinellas Park, Florida.

Brother Paul O'Donnell, a spokesman for the Schindlers, said police denied their request to be with Schiavo when she died, but that her parents had access to their daughter's body after her death and prayed.

Michael Schiavo, Terri's husband and guardian, controlled who could visit her and when.

John Centonze, the brother of Michael Schiavo's live-in girlfriend Jodi Centonze, said Michael Schiavo was with Terri Schiavo when she died.
www.cnn.com...

My dad died when I was a kid. He had congestive heart failure at 25 yrs-old. Before he died, he was on life support for two weeks. The doctors approached my mother - not his parents - and advised her to let them take him off support. She was grief-stricken, but concurred. She said he was in a vegetative state (like Terri) and yet his eyes were open. As she would sit at his bedside and brush his hair, she recalls how he strained hauntingly, looking into her eyes. She believed he was pleading with her to let him go. So, she told my grandparents & family and then proceeded. Thankfully, they were all in agreement and they sat together watching as his life slipped quickly away before them.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Now they are making an issue that the parents were not there for the final moments but the true was explained by worldwatcher.

It was just wrong timing for the parents and the doctors rotation.

I think she has been in a better place many years ago, after her hart attack.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Can't you people see what's happening here? You're being played as pawns to help further divide an already divided nation, and by playing that game, John Titor's prediction of a civil war may well come true, but this isn't his universe, and the future isn't set in stone. Fate is a lie, unless you play the game of those who wish to destroy us, and I, for one, believe that if John Titor is real, that his true agenda would be to destroy us, not help us. Think about this: if people believe that civil war is inevitable (which I don't), then there is a great likelyhood that the first shots will be fired by those who have already surrendered themselves to the idea. Stop believing the lie of civil war. Besides, none of us leftists have guns anyway, so you conservatives would have no challenge in defeating us.

I will emphasize this again that this should have been a family issue, not a national one. It has only made a bad situation worse.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
may she rest in peace. Now allow me to be the first to call out all the people the protested in front of the hospital she was in. If you think what happened is so wrong why aren't you protesting at every hospital in the country were people like her are in the same boat? Why? because those hospitals don't have TV coverage!!!!!!All you people wanted was attention!!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
I will emphasize this again that this should have been a family issue, not a national one. It has only made a bad situation worse.

I fully agree.

On the Civil War issue.. If a national state of emergency and martial law on a national scale are declared, what we most likely would see is a REVOLUTIONARY war, not a civil war. And according to ol Tom Jefferson, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yes, I hope she will find peace now, whatever she wanted....And I hope her parents will be able to let go, and be at peace as well.....If they believe in heaven, surely they feel she is in a better place now.

Skandi....I can't see how there was anything left in her trust fund....and it was originally for only $700,000 - not 10 mil. Her expenses were being paid by medicaid....for the last couple of years. ( Reported on CNN ) Medicaid will NOT pay medical ex if you & your spouse have over $86,000, jointly . ( I know this, I have watched Mother's savings all go to her nursing home...and now she is allowed only $30 from her social security ea. month)

The state of FL may berequired to attempt to recover medicaid expenses if there is any property with her name as a co-owner.....If Michael had her name on the deed to his home, he may have to repay her expenses when it sells.

I have had family members on feeding tubes....I am torn as to what I would have done, if the decision had been mine to make....I can see both sides of the issue.....I pray for all of those involved.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Now that she's dead we can have nonstop news coverage of her death for the next couple years. Woo Hoo! not really I would expect that this thread will reach pg 16 by the end of the day. Let the living cry and dead die

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If there's a message in all this is probably is that each and every one of us should write a living will and make our wishes known now! That way, if such a horrid fate should befall, there will be absolutely no confusion over which course to take. My dad didn't have a living will, but based on the doctor's recommendations, everyone agreed. Thankfully.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's not going to be any war, no over the Terri's case, the majority population in America were in favor of the husband rights, and the no intervention of federal government on family affairs and the state.

A civil war will have to come if the congress will pass law in reference of Terri's case that the majority of Americans will not agree with it.

And still I don't see any civil unrest, coming unless the fundamentalist extremist goes on a rampage.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And still I don't see any civil unrest, coming unless the fundamentalist extremist goes on a rampage.

In this case, its coming from about 25% of our population, at the most. I don't see this sparking any unrest other than to scold congress and the president over abusing their power and stomping on states rights. How very not Republican.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm going to make out a living will..in the meantime, i told my entire family my wishes . With my family its hard, because we dont talk about death. Its just not something that will happen to us, I guess.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
They were joking about that last night on the Daily Show. The fact that Republicans were all for states rights back when they weren't in control of Congress, but now that they are they don't mind trampling them. They also joked about them making a personalized law.

"Congress is going to stop doing nothing for everyone and start doing everything they can for a select few."

That show cracks me up.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I LOVE the Daily Show. In Bush's bizarro world, where night is day and white is black, the Daily Show is actually some of the truest insight you'll get on issues, albeit flipped on its head. The only way they get away with it is because its "comedy." Too bad its not an hour.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by savannah
They were joking about that last night on the Daily Show. The fact that Republicans were all for states rights back when they weren't in control of Congress, but now that they are they don't mind trampling them.

This is very true. And no small thing. As a Republican, this kind of hypocrisy is unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Starting????

I only heard about this stuff over the last week or so cause the belgian media was running stories on it. Not to jump on the circus wagon, but to show how rediculous things can get in the US. A 15 year legal battle to see if a woman is alowed to die peacefully or should be forced to stay alive as a plant because her parents just can't let go.

This thing isn't over yet, first there will be more bullocks about if they'll cremate her or bury her, then there will be fights over movie and TV rights. Oh, theres still so much they can fight about.

hear ye, hear ye my neighbour
i;m dutch and i agree with you on that.

but since it's in america the show must go on. lawsuits to find a scapegoat, in order to give everyone who was against this woman finding peace, peace of mind. then movies, books and whatever to make money out of this.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i think that this broken family has taken an incredibley PERSONAL and DIFFICULT situation that should have been kept private and decided between them (the parents,brothers and sister and the husband).....and brought it public..............

and from there the entire thing detoriorated into a worldwide media frenzy. ..........like the OJ thing and the Michael Jackson thing ..........just pure crap..............you can't turn on the tv without some EXPERT on this or that spouting off their views and opinions.

i think the truth is that nobody will EVER know the truth.....no one but terry knew what she wanted.........everything beyond that is just hearsay.

so all of us out here should take this and GO GET A LIVING WILL.......get it completed and get it NOTARIZED. keep a copy in your wallet, keep a copy in your safe deposit box.............give a copy to your spouse or parents and keep it UPDATED.

maybe by doing this one little thing.....one of us can avoid the fate this poor woman suffered.

at least her soul now is at peace.

angie

link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Oh, they're going to. Check out what DeLay said:

"This loss happened because our legal system did not protect the people who need protection most, and that will change," DeLay said. "The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior, but not today. Today we grieve, we pray, and we hope to God this fate never befalls another."
www.cnn.com...

I almost think the neo-conservatives wanted this to happen this way, so they can overhaul the justice system, remove the out of control "activist" judges, and replace them with pro-life conservative judges, and they will do so at the demand of the pro-life population.

link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
lawsuits to find a scapegoat, in order to give everyone who was against this woman finding peace, peace of mind. then movies, books and whatever to make money out of this.

It would be a sad day, indeed, to see anyone make any money off this tragedy. Like.. the Scott Peterson movie in the works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join