It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani forces arrest 4 al-Qaida suspects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Interesting... A Russian, A Turk, A Spanish national and an Afghan
Regardless of what I may have said about Pakistan before, they are certainly doing a good job of catching the "regular" Al-Qaida members. There are the only country that has been so actively involved in capturing and disrupting members of Al-Qaida. Being that these men were not even on any terror lists, just goes to show that you really can't a stop an ideology that continues to attracts new members. When one gets killed or captured, someone else steps up to fill his shoes.
Pakistani forces arrest 4 al-Qaida suspects

Pakistani security agents detained on Thursday four foreigners suspected of belonging to Osama bin Laden’s al-Qaida network, officials said.

The suspects -- an Afghan, a Russian Muslim, a Turk and a Spanish national of Middle Eastern origin -- were detained in the northwestern city of Peshawar, which is not far from the border with Afghanistan.

“They have been picked up for suspicion of links with al-Qaida,” said an intelligence official, who did not want to be named.

The official said the men were arrested at the house of the Afghan, who he identified as Abdul Aziz from Kunduz province. He did not give names of the other three.

He said two computers, passports and mobile phones were seized during the raid.

Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed told state-run Pakistan Television that none of those arrested was on a list of most-wanted terrorists.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
yes, lets hope they keeping heading to Pakistan to replace those they lost.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh man, worldwatcher.. when I started reading your post I thought you were going to start a pretty good joke.

"A Russian, A Turk, A Spanish national and an Afghan.... walk into a bar...."

Good job Pakistani forces.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
lol..i kinda wanted to, but it wouldn't have worked, it doesn't end well for the Turk

top topics

join