It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many supposed Christians so full of hate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
It's supposed to be a guide, not a book of rules!

Very well said, Ulvetann.

I wish more people would see it that way.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy

We're full of hate? What a freaking hipocrit. Ive seen nothing but hatefilled remarks from you about the catholic church.

I have said nothing about Catholics. I have made comments about the religion. The Catholic Religion is an abomination and disgusting example of religion trying to control the masses. Millions of people have been slaughtered through the centuries by the Catholic Church. I find that disgusting. I don't hate Catholics. If anything I pity them for being suckered into a religion that teaches hate and guilt and shame and has a mortal man as it's leader instead of God.

I also have a problem with a religion that practically promotes the abuse of young boys by its priests.

And some moron on here can say that homosexuals are sinners. Give me a break......

If Jesus was alive today he would be disgusted by the Catholic Church!!

i never said that preists who abuse young boys (and girls i might add) were not sinners. the fact that the catholic church has often moved these preists to new locations where they could re offend and kept them from justice does not speak well for the hirarchy. at the least they should have put them into possitions with no contact with children or others they have abused. but still they should not have tried to shield them from the autorities. forced celibacy has always struck me as a bad idea. i can understand if someone wants to be celibate that is their decision and they can reconsider later. but to make it a requiement can only lead to problems.

just one of many things that i do not like about the catholic church. you are correct i don't think jesus would like what the catholic church has done in many regaurds. his reaction to the money lenders at the temple comes to mind.

just remember that catholics are not the only christians. in fact there is a great differance in beliefs. but catholics and other christions do have the fact that christ was Gods son and our saviour in common. thus we are all christians just the same. just as apples and oranges are both fruits and both grow on trees, they are very dissimmiler from each other.

<< 1   >>

join