It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many supposed Christians so full of hate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I recently got a response on another thread that AIDS was created by God to kill off homosexuals and IV drug users. And this was from a supposed Christian. What I'd like to know is why are these people so full of hate? Doesn't God love everyone? Mine certainly does. And who are these people that think they can speak for God? Isn't that blasphemy?

It just seems all over this site there is a lot of hate spewed out of the mouths of supposed Christians and the whole thing makes me disgusted. That's why I don't believe in religion. Religion breeds hate. I have faith and have no need for religion.

Wake up people and realize God loves EVERYBODY!!

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
That's why I don't believe in religion. Religion breeds hate. I have faith and have no need for religion.

You don't need Religion to breed hate, hate comes from distrust and anger towards someone who you don't agree with.
Hate can be Religiously based, it can also be race based, financially based, class based, nationality based etc the list is limtless.
Don't use religion as a scape goat for humanities problems, religion can make them worse but it can also make it better.
Its down to people not the religions.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You don't need Religion to breed hate, hate comes from distrust and anger towards someone who you don't agree with.
Hate can be Religiously based, it can also be race based, financially based, class based, nationality based etc the list is limtless.
Don't use religion as a scape goat for humanities problems, religion can make them worse but it can also make it better.
Its down to people not the religions.

?? I didn't say religion was the only thing that breeds hate. I said regarding faith, it breeds hate....obviously many other things breed hate. It's rather ignorant of you to feel the need to tell me that other things breed hate. I never sued religion as a scape goat for humanities problems. Goodness, you are quite good at reading between the lines (reading things that aren't there by the way).

Humanity has many problems. I see religion as only one of many. I see government controlled by the mega-rich and big business as another....the list is quite large and I'm not going to continue it here.

My thread is about why so many Christians are full of hate. You didn't answer that question or dispute it, so you added nothing to the debate. I state an example of a Christian that feels God created AIDS to kill off gays and IV drug users....I find thinking like that disturbing, don't you? Or do you agree with it? Why not try staying on the subject or moving on....

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

?? I didn't say religion was the only thing that breeds hate. I said regarding faith, it breeds hate....obviously many other things breed hate. It's rather ignorant of you to feel the need to tell me that other things breed hate.

Oh well
From what I read you making religion out to be the major 'hate breeder' sorry if I read it wrong.

My thread is about why so many Christians are full of hate. You didn't answer that question or dispute it, so you added nothing to the debate.

Every comment adds to a debate whether its worth anything is another matter.

I state an example of a Christian that feels God created AIDS to kill off gays and IV drug users....I find thinking like that disturbing, don't you? Or do you agree with it? Why not try staying on the subject or moving on....

I find it disturbing that certain Christians believe such things but its not reflected in the majority. The Christians I know are peaceful and thoughtful people who would never harm a fly.

Are you judging Christians from personal experiances or from the media?

[edit on 31-3-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Are you judging Christians from personal experiances or from the media?

I am judging Chrsitians from comments posted on this website!!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Where as I'm judging them from peronal experiences which are now on this website so it could all be lies and propaganda, then again that could be lies and propaganda.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Just don't judge ALL Christians from the comments of a few outspoken angry people that post to this website.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Just don't judge ALL Christians from the comments of a few outspoken angry people that post to this website.

I never said I was judging all Christians. I just don't understand the ones that are supposedly "good" Christians and yet are full of hate. God loves everyone and it seems a lot of Christians do not.....how sad!!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My apologies Zabilgy.

I do agree that some people and groups pervert the text found in the Bible to suit their own beliefs and brand of bigotry. It seems they always quote the Old Testament to support these hateful ideas. I’m a follower of Jesus Christ, his book is called the New Testament, with his birth, life, death and resurrection comes a new covenant with God, this new covenant allows all people the opportunity to find salvation through Jesus.

Many of the old laws found in the Old Testament are null and void because of this new covenant. Some people don’t get that and still try to use these old laws to condemn others. I’m not saying that sinning is ok now. I’m saying that Jesus said we could find salvation and forgiveness through him. This means a sinner can at any point in his life turn his life to God and be forgiven through the mercy of Jesus. If this sinner would be put to death for his sins as some text in the Old Testament directs his opportunity to find salvation through Jesus would be taken away. This cannot be, God cannot go against his own word. ALL sinners must be given the opportunity to “turn over a new leaf” and be forgiven for their sins. If a person doesn’t believe that Jesus died to pay for our sins and that salvation can be found through him they aren’t Christians.

The capacity human beings have for hate always amazes me. I would suggest that anyone claiming to be a “good” Christian that spouts hate isn’t really a follower of Christ.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We're full of hate? What a freaking hipocrit. Ive seen nothing but hatefilled remarks from you about the catholic church.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
is it hate or mabe perhaps you read hate into it?

why i definatly feel that being a homosexual is a sin, it does not automaticaly follow i hate homosexuals. infact quite the oposit is true for the most part i feel sorry for these misguided individuals not hate. i hate the sin not the sinner.

as for god loveing all. of course he does after all he did create us. do you hate your child because he was bad? no of course not. you may not like what he did but you still love him. if god did not love everyone then he wouldn't hace sent his son as the supream sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I see hate coming from both sides, religious or not. I have to admit, I do see more coming from non-Christians on this website, but maybe I just have selective eye-sight being a Christian at all. I'm not saying people with no faith are any more or less hatefull than Christians, but if you just take a good look down the list of threads in this religious section of BTS, a good percent of them are "Christian-bashing". The people who are full of hate aren't "good" Christians, they're ignorant. It's quite the contrary. Christianity teaches nothing but acceptence and love for other people. Although a Christian might regard homosexuality as a sin, the bible teaches that we should be kind to everyone, and to love everyone, even "thine enemy".

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

i feel sorry for these misguided individuals not hate

Drogo...explain how a homosexual is misguided?

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In the old testiment, this loving god commands the israelites to slaughter whole tribes and take the women as concubines. He also commands that disobediant children be stoned to death, anillates entire cities and kills first born children in Egypt. Even the milder god of the new testament causes two christians to drop dead because they lied about how much money they contributed. If you don't tow the line, he promises the fate to you except this time, it will be for eternity.

Yes, I hear a lot of Christians talking about old covenet versus new covenent. But Jesus repeatedly stated that not one dot or tittle of the law will pass away. There really is no Biblical bases that god has somehow changed from a wrathful, vengeful terrorizer to a god that say's, "Oops, I guess I was kind of rough on mankind. Maybe I'll be an all loving and all forgiving god from now on."

And even Jesus says that anyone who doesn't believe in him will spend all of eternity in fiery torment. Now I don't know about you, but that sounds like a lot of these guys who kill their girlfriends because they broke up with them. There attitude is the same as the god of the bible. "If I can't have you, no one can!"

A lot of Christians are hateful because they are just a reflection of what kind of god they're worshipping. They're not concious of it because they've been programmed the "god's unconditional love" line so long. Even so, no matter how much they try to block out the less ideal images of god, they do subconciously absorb them and act on them as well.

Plus if they believe that the majority of mankind is going to hell, then they don't want to invest any emotional energy toward people who they won't see again after they die. I know, it's sad, but it comes to show you how religion can be so entrenched in someone's psyche.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

i feel sorry for these misguided individuals not hate

Drogo...explain how a homosexual is misguided?

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Zabilgy] [/quote

easy we are plainly told that being a homosexual is a sin in fact an obsean sin one that before christ came to pay for our sins was amounst those that called for death. there is no sugar coateing it to be a practiceing homosexual is a SIN. just as someone is misguided in commiting the sin of say killing other students in a rage, if you were able to stop and talk to him at the time he would most likely believe he was in the right. so is a practiceing homosexuality misguided, after all they don't seem to realize how wrong it is. this does not mean by the way that i hate them it is the sin that is the problem. and i would remind them that all they have to do is repent and their sins can be forgiven.

that is the main differance in the law from the old and new testiment. there was no one who had died to save us from our sin in the old testiment. now there is jesus died to remove our sins if we just but ask to be fogiven. if hittler had asked for forgivness then even his sins would be forgiven.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
We're full of hate? What a freaking hipocrit. Ive seen nothing but hatefilled remarks from you about the catholic church.

Just saw another one.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I have said nothing about Catholics. I have made comments about the religion. The Catholic Religion is an abomination and disgusting example of religion trying to control the masses. Millions of people have been slaughtered through the centuries by the Catholic Church. I find that disgusting. I don't hate Catholics. If anything I pity them for being suckered into a religion that teaches hate and guilt and shame and has a mortal man as it's leader instead of God.

I also have a problem with a religion that practically promotes the abuse of young boys by its priests.

And some moron on here can say that homosexuals are sinners. Give me a break......

If Jesus was alive today he would be disgusted by the Catholic Church!!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yet another prejadice reply

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yet another prejadice reply

How is what I said "prejudiced?" I stated facts. Where is the prejudice friend?? Do you know what that word means??

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
When I first saw this topic, I was thinking, This is going to be interesting...
Blimey, You are so right, Zabilgy!

The reason? I don't know, but my experience is that christians, in this case...(AND OTHERS! NO PUN INTENDED ON ONE RELIGION/RACE!)
this is a a singled out hypothetical question. The word christian could be exchanged with others, but in this case it is not. -Because "Christians are a loving community"...

So... ...why do this entity react to different non-christian-ratified behaviours?

Why is there so many that reacts so expressively to other lifestyles, other experiences, other beliefs so forth.
Why is it so hard to realize that everyone do not need to follow the path of a culturally developed system?
Why do the first thought have to be: This is naughty. Phooey, bad on you!
-SAYS WHO? If your friend gets AIDS, are you so shallow, that you doom him to hell? He's been a bad boy, he deserved it? -SAYS WHO?
You? are you really that innocent, that you can throw that first rock?

As far as I can tell. Those making societies based on religions, are amongst the most hypocratic. They gather in groups, convince themselves that their only hope is to follow the wise words of their leaders. -Which by the way point you to the book everytime you have a question, you want an answer to.
Realise this. You can't develop life experience without observing and to think for yourself. You can survive, yes, but there is so much more to life, than just believing in that book. It's supposed to be a guide, not a book of rules!

I have a couple of very good christian friends. I love them. They don't hate me even if I am anarchistic in mind. The reason I love them, is that they aren't pushing their first-hand knowledge of the book on me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join