It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Poll: Most in U.S. Oppose Nuclear Weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Age equals wisdom! Gimme a freaking break
The longer one lives to more set in his/her ways they become, that does not smell like wisdom to me.
I would have to say the older people get the stupider they get. So what I'm agist but it's backed up by science

Junk science?

Age does not equate wisdom. It does give one a sense of their own vulnerability which youth only gains when it vanishes (we have all been young at some time). This nuclear bomb stuff is so much muck anyway. No nation that has them will get rid of them until they have something better.

All the arguments don't matter, this is an absolute fact based on history. Nuclear weapons are the great equalizer at the moment.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28

There was something i never understood about 1945, why drop 2 bombs? I read somewhere that the U.S only had 2 bombs but surely dropping 1 would've made the point?

You are correct we only had two so we used our entire arsenal on Japan.

You would think 1 bomb would have made the point. But guess what it didnt they didnt surrender after the first bomb was dropped. Only after the second bomb was dropped did they surrender.

And even still factions of Japan's military wanted to fight on. Going so far to try to steal the Emperors message of surrender he had recorded. If it wasnt for one brave man hiding the radio message at the risk of his own life they might have got it too.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Thats nice... but according to Washington completely ignoring the will of the majority of your people is showing "great leadership". See the praise of the European leaders after the Iraq conference on lanzarote (canary islands). Where they agreed to go to war despite overwhelming opposition at home... this was "great leadership".

Well its not as if they even bother counting your votes anymore over there...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Well the poll results said that Most people dont think any country should have nukes. Our leaders have little say if Russia,China,France the UK ect.. are going to have nukes.

If they poll asked if America should get rid of nukes while China, Russia and the rest keep theres, the results would have been alittle different.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Just a question....is everyone who is asking for the US to disarm on drugs or something?.... Do you really think anyone would give up their arsenals?.... Why then should the US disarm first?....

Get it to your heads people, the world is not going to disarm if we disarm ourselves... what do you think our enemies would do?.... forget everything they have been indoctrinated by all the anti-US propaganda and accept us with open arms and flowers?....Ya right....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I dont think the US should give up their arsenal, its like a safety blanket, same with the UK too. If you have nukes, and lots of them, i doubt no one will want a war with you

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join