It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god dosnt exsit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well the big bang theroy could be right we just havnt figuered out how the atoms were created. To say "god" created them is a cop out like I said our understanding is still to limted to understand where the universe came from.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well the big bang theroy could be right we just havnt figuered out how the atoms were created. To say "god" created them is a cop out like I said our understanding is still to limted to understand where the universe came from.

Exactly we will always be limited in our understanding of God

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Croat56 it is the belief in "god" that is holding society back the longer people belvie in "god" the longer it will take man kind to understand where the universe came from. The sooner people stop belving in "god" the sooner mankind will truely understand where the universe came from.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Croat56 it is the belief in "god" that is holding society back the longer people belvie in "god" the longer it will take man kind to understand where the universe came from. The sooner people stop belving in "god" the sooner mankind will truely understand where the universe came from.

And how do you know the universe didnt come from God?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

How do you know that "god" created the universe?
All logic suggests that "god" dosnt exisit isnt convinent that "god" can be used to explain the unexplainable? :shk: :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

All logic suggests that "god" dosnt exisit isnt convinent that "god" can be used to explain the unexplainable? :shk: :bnghd:

There are some things out there that will never be explained.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Croat56 everything
will be explained its only a matter of time.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Croat56 everything
will be explained its only a matter of time.

Ya right
Thats hilariouse. Im sure you can explain miracle healings, brain dead people coming out of comas, or things like that. hehe you never will.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Ya right
Thats hilariouse. Im sure you can explain miracle healings, brain dead people coming out of comas, or things like that. hehe you never will.

If that was true then people would have never invented the wheel mankind would be still living in caves and hunting with sticks. :shk:
:bnghd:

[edit on 11-4-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If that was true then people would have never invented the wheel mankind would be still living in caves and hunting with sticks. :shk:
:bnghd:

[edit on 11-4-2005 by xpert11]

Wha??? Your not making sence. I never said that nothing could be explained. There are many things that can be explained, and things in the future that will be explained, like how aliens got here hehe.
But youll never explain some miracles. Did you evan read the website I posted a few pages back?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Croat56 so let me get this straight mankind will only discover stuff if it dosnt risk exposuring the truth (the truth being the "god" dosnt exist.)
Is it any wonder we havnt cured cancer? :shk:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Croat56 so let me get this straight mankind will only discover stuff if it dosnt risk exposuring the truth (the truth being the "god" dosnt exist.)
Is it any wonder we havnt cured cancer? :shk:

Okay now your just being asinine.

If you dont believe it thats fine. Its your decision. Just remember God loves you whether you believe in him or not. Well Im off now.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

How do you know that "god" created the universe?

You are 100% correct with this assessment. Logic also tells us that erosion is what caused Hieroglyphs to form, because that is less complex and more likely than the random appearance of such things as DNA.

Science is actually trending more towards a supreme being existing. But it is pretty nice how you go around stating your oppinion like it is fact, especially when the facts actually go against your opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

You are 100% correct with this assessment. Logic also tells us that erosion is what caused Hieroglyphs to form, because that is less complex and more likely than the random appearance of such things as DNA.

Just because we dont fully understand DNA it dosnt mean that "god" created DNA although Im not quite sure what your point is.

Science is actually trending more towards a supreme being existing. But it is pretty nice how you go around stating your oppinion like it is fact, especially when the facts actually go against your opinion.

The oppsite is true has it occured to you that when science discovers where atoms come from it will be one less thing that "god" has created? :shk:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It isn't about fully understand DNA, it is the complexity of it. The complexity of life shows that there was some sort of a design, if you are looking at objectively. One less thing that God designed? If God created theone thing that started the Universe, than he created everything because it was a result of the one thing that everything else has come to be.

The chances of a life bearing universe being created without a Supreme force is comparable to the chances of a Tornado going through a junkyard and assembling a Battleship.

Just look objectively at everything. Look at history. It is amazing that the Western World can go on without accepting the fact that there is a God. You say that believing in God is a cop out? Well the truth is that not believing in a God is a cop out. You are trying to say that there are no reprocussions for your actions. If there is no God, then why are you so bothered by the idea? If there is no God, why are there objective moral values that lie within all human beings? The big bang is pretty much what all scientists agree on. Yet there is no way that nothing could create something. This means that something had to create something, and before the big bang there was nothing. Get the drift?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I read around 3 pages and scanned through 2...Maybe someone asked this before:

Suppose I am a layman, or that I am new to English or if you please just plain dumb...

Explain/Define GOD
(Please dont give me a copy paste from wikipedia)

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

The chances of a life bearing universe being created without a Supreme force is comparable to the chances of a Tornado going through a junkyard and assembling a Battleship.

I would say that those odds would apply to the universe being created by a"god."

. You are trying to say that there are no reprocussions for your actions. If there is no God, then why are you so bothered by the idea?

For every action there is a reaction for example if a kill someone I have taken a life how I feel about that action has nothing to do with the so called existance of a higher power.

If there is no God, why are there objective moral values that lie within all human beings?

Humans made there own minds up hence we dont always agree on what is moral.

The big bang is pretty much what all scientists agree on. Yet there is no way that nothing could create something.

The big bang theroy is the limted of our thinking see my posts that I have made on this thread.

Explain/Define GOD

God is a charcter created in order to assit people in brainwashing the masses.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
In my opinion there is no way to tell weather god exists or not. I am not inclined to make a definate descision either way.

However, organised religion is something I strongly disagree with. Xpert you are correct in saying religion is just a way of controlling the masses. We can see this by reading histroy books and looking at our current global situation. It is because of religion that young men convince themselves that strapping explosives to themselves and running into a building is the right thing to do.

Religion has this control because it plays on our deapest fears, death being our biggest one. We humans are the only creatures on this planet which are conscious of our own mortality. And it's naturally comforting to be told that our existence prevails after death when we supposedly go to heaven. Religion exercises its control by telling us that all those who dont follow it's set moral guidelines will get their souls banned from heaven.

It also tries to explain how our very existence came to be. Every religion has a story of creation which claims that a higher intelligence, namely God, created everything we see around us. Religion also assumes that the entity God oversee's this creation with his omnipotence, and assures the safety and wellbeing of his believers.

People hold these beliefs so strongly that it has allowed the powers that be to wage many wars over the milenia, under the guise of calling them religious wars and giving them a divine purpose. This is the downside of religion, and proof that it is merely a tool of the powerful.

But just because religion is so obviously a fraud, doesnt mean there isn't this 'God' character, or at least some sort of higher existence. We may never know this for sure.

Also, do not be so quick to accept everything science tells you as correct. Science can only logically speculate the answers to these fundamental questions using the information we have available to us. The big bang and evolution theories are just as unlikely as Christianitys 7 day speed-creation theory.

The best you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride. Accept that you're never going to get a definate answer to these questions and get on and live your life. Just dont wase your time doing this..

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I disagree with your last statement. I would say I already have a definitive answer on this subject; no speculation at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I thought I was done with this thread, but if it is Gods will I will start again

Let me use this science to my advantage. Science sais matter cannot be created or destroyed, just converted into something else. If thats true then how was the matter created?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join