It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god dosnt exsit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Okay tell me why do you believe it does not exhist?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well its hard to describe but here goses.
When the plague swept thou england the cause wasnt know so they thought "god" was killing evil people. Thou out history "god" has been used to explain the unexplainable the more progress we make the less we need "god."
Take the Holocast for example if "god" exsited he wouldnt let 6 millon people die nor would people die of cancer.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well its hard to describe but here goses.
When the plague swept thou england the cause wasnt know so they thought "god" was killing evil people. Thou out history "god" has been used to explain the unexplainable the more progress we make the less we need "god."
Take the Holocast for example if "god" exsited he wouldnt let 6 millon people die nor would people die of cancer.

So just because people blamed a disease on God just because they did not know about germs back then you dont think he is real? Just because they couldnt explain something and thought it was God(evan though he did create it) you think he is not real?

The reason God does not interfiere with things like the holocost is because he gave us free will. By interfiering he would be taking away our free will. Dont blame what people do with their free will on God.

Im sorry but these are not really good reasons to not believe.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So just because people blamed a disease on God just because they did not know about germs back then you dont think he is real? Just because they couldnt explain something and thought it was God(evan though he did create it) you think he is not real?

That was just one example I can provide plenty more.

The reason God does not interfiere with things like the holocost is because he gave us free will. By interfiering he would be taking away our free will. Dont blame what people do with their free will on God.

Rubbish if "god" exsited then we wouldnt be able to that kind of harm to each other. Would "god" really have killed those people in the tsumiam disater ? There is no free will involvled in people dying in earthquakes e.t.c
It makes no logical sense that "god" can exsit and "god" just appeared out of no where.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I am not going to say you are right or you are wrong. You have an opinion just like everyone here has one, and each one is slightly different than the others opinion, or differnt altogether.

While you believe there is no God, I do. That is my opinion, and the right to express it. I believe that we all came from something more powerful than we can envision.
There has to be a beginning for things to exist, for us to be here, and an answer as to why.
Our parents had to come from someone, just like their parents had to come from someone, and the beginning of human life started as either a mystery we cannot explain, as the 'big bang', or a 'higher power' that some cannot grasp r believe because they cannot see the being, or, may have had many bad experiences in their life and feeels if there was a God, or higher power, then where was he or she when they were suffering, or, needed him.
To have faith in something you cannot see, or cannot explain, is a mystery, it's like a child who puts their entire trust in their parents because they know that their parents would never let anything happen to them, but, accidents happen and bad things do happen to children, and the parents are not in control of what happens, or, can't fix it, if they could they never would have let heir child suffer.
Children suffer every day, and disappear, and the parents are frantic, but it was not because the parents did not love the child, or didn't protect their child from the hurt, it was only because it was out of thier control to help or stop what happened.
There is no way to explain blind faith as there is no way to explain why a person falls in love, or, someone rich may win the lottery while someone poor may never win anything, it is faith, and I believe there is a higher being, that is truly good, and someday we will all know the reason as to why we exist, and the mystery of life.and God.
Take Care.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Rubbish if "god" exsited then we wouldnt be able to that kind of harm to each other. Would "god" really have killed those people in the tsumiam disater ? There is no free will involvled in people dying in earthquakes e.t.c
It makes no logical sense that "god" can exsit and "god" just appeared out of no where.

Yes he would. Thats what free will is. We can choose to harm each other. God did not cause the tsunami and earthquakes. Geological facters did.

And we all have to go sometime. Cant expect God to do everything for us. If he did there would be no point to living and if he were to do everything and decide everything for us.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Croat56 now your being a hypercrit you cant say that "god" created the earth and in the next breath say that an earthquake was caused by the plates moving Wouldnt "god" have the power to create earthwquakes?
There is no free will involvled in being killed by a natuarl disater. :shk:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Croat56 now your being a hypercrit you cant say that "god" created the earth and in the next breath say that an earthquake was caused by the plates moving Wouldnt "god" have the power to create earthwquakes?
There is no free will involvled in being killed by a natuarl disater. :shk:

How am I being a hipocrit? God created the Earth, and on it he created the whole plate techtonics thing. Sure God would have the power to create Earthquakes and of couse being killed in a natural disaster is not free will I never said that.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe God created the universe in a very scientifically logical manner, following laws of physics and using techniques that are natural. Maybe Mother Earth is an aspect of God, The Holy Ghost?, and maybe she is so badly injured that she has no choice but to reduce the impact we are having. The only way to do that is to cut our population back.
Or maybe HAARP is the cause of the recent geological activity? Has anyone considered that?
I don't know if God exists, but if so, why would God not follow the Laws of Physics when doing His work?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
BlackGuardXIII Why would god follow the laws of phyics if he could have created the earth in one second why would god bother with the laws of phyics?
Croat56 you cant say "god" created the earth and on the other hand say "god" has nothing to do with natuarl disaters.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

BlackGuardXIII Why would god follow the laws of phyics if he could have created the earth in one second why would god bother with the laws of phyics?
Croat56 you cant say "god" created the earth and on the other hand say "god" has nothing to do with natuarl disaters.

God did not create the Earth in a second. He could have, but didnt. He fallowed the laws so we wouldnt be confused of course! Wouldnt he be a hipocrit if he made us fallow it and didnt himself

Why do you feel this way? God created the plate techtonics, eventually the plates were gonna hit each other and cause a natural disaster.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

If I could just play God for a second, I would imagine that for there to be any order to creation, it would have to be created, and exist within certain parameters. I might create it in one second, but what I create would have all the traits and attributes that would be needed for it to continue to exist, and to have some cohesiveness. Without the various fundamental principles by which it progresses over time, there would be no way that any mind could make any kind of sense to it.
I am not saying God exists, I don't know, I am just postulating that were God to exist, my view is that his creation would be made as any one made by us, or a bower bird, it would need to fit the laws of the universe or else we would not be typing this today, since we would have no rules to discover, and no method of advancing our understanding of life.
Of course, there are countless examples of things that defy these rules, and I have seen my fair share of them. Why that is, I can only guess.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Why do you feel this way? God created the plate techtonics, eventually the plates were gonna hit each other and cause a natural disaster.

If "god" had created the techtonic plates he would have made sure that the plates didnt cause earthquakes. Heres another way of looking at the matter if "god" exsited wouldnt he make sure that there was proof he exsited?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If "god" had created the techtonic plates he would have made sure that the plates didnt cause earthquakes. Heres another way of looking at the matter if "god" exsited wouldnt he make sure that there was proof he exsited?

I think the universe is proof enough

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The universe cant be proof of "gods" exsitance because as we learn more we need "god" as an expernation less and
less. :shk:

[edit on 10-4-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The universe cant be proof of "gods" exsitance because as we learn more we need "god" as an expernation less and less. :shk:

Sure we learn what God made in the universe.
God created the universe. So there. No science now or in the future will ever be able to disprove that.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sure we learn what God made in the universe.
God created the universe. So there. No science now or in the future will ever be able to disprove that.

I disargee in time science will prove that "god" didnt create the universe its quite a while away yet thou.
What do you mean by what "god" created in the universe ? that dosnt make any sense surely by your reckoning "god" created everything.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Im talking about what he made inside the universe after he created it. Like galaxies and stuff.

Evan the big bang is flawed. All it sais is that all the atoms came together adn exploded into this. Im not saying its wrong, but something had to make those atoms.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Evan the big bang is flawed. All it sais is that all the atoms came together adn exploded into this. Im not saying its wrong, but something had to make those atoms.

I agree that the big bang theroy isnt perfect. The big bang theroy is the limted of our thinking and understanding in time a new theroy will evovle. The belief in "god" limteds out thinking and understanding of were the universe came from.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I agree that the big bang theroy isnt perfect. The big bang theroy is the limted of our thinking and understanding in time a new theroy will evovle. The belief in "god" limteds out thinking and understanding of were the universe came from.

And how do you know its not right? I really dont care how he made us, like the big bang, Im just thankful he did.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join