It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring Back the Mammoth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Its been quite awhile since Jurassic Park came out. Since then has anyone tried to clone anything 'ancient' and/or extinct back into existance? Do you have a favorite extinct species to nominate for resurrection? I vote for the Mammoth (probably because I am feeling hungry). Might be very useful if another Ice Age kicks in.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I wouldnt bring back any dinos because of what happened on Jurassic Park but what I definately would do is bring back all the animals that we have made extinct and to make more of the poor critters that are endangered.

-Using some supposed Bigfoot scat or hair or whatever, use that as a basis to clone and do that, and have definate proof. (and a pretty funky friend :roll

And in fact I would clone 1 dino. A Verlociraptor, because I broke my bike and I cant be bothered to walk everywhere because im lazy

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The most 'likely' extinct creature to be cloned, imo, was the thylacine. However, that effort has been abandoned, I think because it was proving difficult to get a genome. THe problems are obviously compounded with long extinct animals.

Also, as far as I can recall at the moment, there hasn't been any examples of 'cross species cloning', say cloning a goat and having the embryo implanted into a cow; but I might be mistaken about that.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The Thylacine's a big kitty, right?

I'll second that Mammoth idea...our ancestors seemed to think they were pretty tasty. Or some of those giant birds.......can you imagine a four foot long turkey on Turky Day?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sabertooth Tigers would be what I'd bring back. I just love them.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm going to bring back the Dire Wolf, and market them as guards and pets.

Seriously.

Oh yeah...

[edit on 31-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You guys might want to stopy by and read this article...supposedly the cloning of Mammoths was already done.
Send in the clones - A secret project for America's elite makes Idaho a hunter's paradise

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Holy Crap that blog is funny!

"Let's just put it this way: First, our MSN service is always free and we get crystal-clear FOX reception no matter where we go. And second, our Idaho lab is an exact replica of 'The Tomb,'" he says, referring to the home of Yale University's famed secret society Skull and Bones, of which both President George W. Bush and former opponent John Kerry are members. "If my bosses want this thing to happen, it'll happen no matter what," Stephanos says. "If they want it to stay secret, it'll stay secret."

new topics

top topics

join