It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology -- What Do You Know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Please read this.

www.digl-watch.com...

The most alarming thing I find about this, Bryan Zwan was fined for "financial fraud" by the SEC and only had to pay $10,000. Imagine all the work that SEC employees had to put into it, and how much they felt they had a clear victory (or they wouldn't pursue it), and then settle for $10k?

How did they propose something like that? "Tell you what, give us $10k and we'll call it even". What does that cover? That was the SECs break at going after the firm, and they did, for $10,000.

Which leads me to question, perhaps the SEC has ties. Perhaps there are government ties. Perhaps Scientology is the ultimate cult religion of choice by the most wealthy and is the religion of choice. The new/real Freemasons of the world. Freemasons in the text of what conspiracy theorists equate.

So what do you know about the Church of Scientology? Their known roster is mystifying. Imagine who the unknowns are.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Scientology was founded by L. Ron Hubbard, and took his book 'Dianetics' and turned it into a religion. Basically it is a psychological healing method that postulates mental and emotional difficulties are caused by traumatic experiences that form a 'lock', with subsequent related negative experiences forming a 'chain' that binds the mind. There is an 'auditing' process one participates in that traces the 'chain' back to the 'lock' and breaks it, setting the individual free from that mental constraint. Once all mental constraints are eliminated, the individual achieves a state known as 'clear'. Meanwhile the church has learned all of the individual's dirty little secrets along the way by conducting these 'audits' under hypnosis, and the person is then at the beck and call of Scientology for life under threat of having their dirty laundry exposed to damaging effect. I did a report on it in college and attended some meetings - good concept, scary application.

Their methods and membership could easily dovetail into the type of conspiracy phenomena you describe. Easily.

Beware false prophets and their cults of control.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
From this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Tamahu
From this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Tamahu
Interesting site.

fusionanomaly.net...

fusionanomaly.net...

fusionanomaly.net...

Can't vouch for the accuracy of it; but it is safe to say that all three were black-magicians.....

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The following information comes from my high school history teacher. I apologize for any fuzzy details; it was about 5-6 years ago, after all.

He told our class that there was this non-profit organization that kept a watch on cults and other similar groups, including scientology. People could call a number and ask them questions about various groups, to check up on them. Anyway, this organization was going bankrupt due to a lack of donations. Right before they had to close their doors for good, someone shoveled a whole bunch of money into the floundering organization and took it over. Who were these 'generous' people? The Church of Scientology. They rescued the group from its financial troubles, and installed its own people to take the calls of people. Now, if you call that number, and you ask them about Scientology, instead of being warned that it was a cult and just wanted all your money, they tell you how 'wonderful' Scientology is.

Hopefully someone can back this up with links or other info, I'm up late as it is and I don't feel like looking (I did a quick search but couldn't find anything) Anyway, my personal opinion on Scientology is that is an organization skilled at separating fools from their money. Incidentally, have any of you ever looked at what kind of stuff scientologists actually believe in? There's all this weird stuff about ancient alien civilizations and galactic 'history' and junk like that which Hubbard or his successors made up. Hubbard started the 'religion' as a bet with a friend. Hubbard claimed he could start a religion, his friend just laughed at him, so Hubbard decided to prove it. Hubbard was a sci-fi writer, and making up stuff about aliens and turning it into a religion was easy for him.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I found this, it may be related to what you're talking about. The number listed was 1-800-FOR TRUTH if you want to google it.

www.skeptictank.org...

"Warn people not to call the Scientology hotline -- Stacy

15 Sep 2001

[email protected]

AT&T has a website set up to provide people with crisis assistance as a result of the terrorist attack on Tuesday. The website is at www.att.net... I posted the following message on their Disaster Message Service/Getting Help, Relief Agencies page:

"For several hours yesterday Fox News had a message at the bottom of their screen saying "For National Mental Health Assistance call 1-800-FOR TRUTH." They finally took it down when they realized the Scientology cult had tricked them into listing their marketing hotline number under false pretenses. Please be aware that Scientology has no credentials as a mental health service of any kind. In fact, one of Scientology's goals is to do away with psychiatry and psychology altogether and replace them with Scientology's own fraudulent practices. Fox was appalled to find out they had unwittingly forwarded this cult's agenda. Warn your loved ones not to call this number."

People who have lost loved ones are at their most vulnerable during this time of inconceivable tragedy. They need to be warned not to turn to Scientology for help. Scientology will take advantage of their vulnerability and take everything they have.

Please check for other disaster relief websites and post a similar message warning people about the scam Scientology pulled on Fox News."

--------------------------

The only thing I have to add is Greta Van Susteren is an alleged scientologist working for FoxNews. You may want to google that as well.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
an illustrated guide to scientology... no joke! www.xenu.net...

I forget the link, however its in some post i did in the past about scientology. Well it explains all the steps that you have to go through... and the so called chapters that you learn as you advance.... well supposively in the near last chapters, after dishing alot of money out... you learn that scientology is all a preperation to clense your soul from alien ghost spirits.... that are trapped in your very soul!!! YES and it gets better.... There is an EVIL alien trying to control us and take over the world, so scientology teaches you and eventually cleans your soul from these alien spirits that are trapped in your soul, in hand taking away sickness, depression and everything else wrong with you... No joke, this is for real people that is actually what they ultimately believe in......... WHAT THE F#*K is wrong with these people.

Oh it gets even better, if you skip ahead and read on, they say your soul cant take it and you will not be able to sleep then die of pnemonia...

for the powerful people that are in scientology, along with the money, i honestly believe that there's a bigger picture and this really needs more deeper looking into....

ahh yes update... here's one of the sites www.xenu.net...

[edit on 31-3-2005 by porschedrifter]

[edit on 31-3-2005 by porschedrifter]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Lord Altmis: I don't think that's the specific case I'm thinking of, but there's likely a whole bunch of similar occurrences out there; the Scientologists are doing their very best to convince the world they are harmless... it makes conning you out of your money easier

Porschedrifter: Yeah, it's pretty crazy what those guys believe in. I hadn't been to those websites before, but I've looked at others where they talk about Xenu and all sorts of other nonsense. At the time, Wikipedia had a good article about scientology beliefs, hopefully no one has removed it. I found your links interesting; I did not realise that Hubbard lived for 36 years after the founding of Scientology. I guess I didn't realise how old scientology actually is, because I thought it was only a few years old when he died. I also didn't know his wife had been jailed, but I did know she was extremely involved in the scientology organization.

Hubbard (in my opinion) was a pretty good writer. I've read a couple of his books and have a few more waiting on my shelf. I guess he decided there was more money in religion than writing, so he applied his writing skills to creating a framework for his 'religion'. I almost bought a secondhand copy of Dianetics once, just to see what it was like, but I ended up deciding it was probably a waste of $2
so I didn't bother.

There are also websites where you can get most of their secret stuff, apparently everything but a few of the highest level secrets are available. The church of Scientology fights anyone they find who posts them, but people do it anyway.

www.factnet.org... has a bunch of info on scientology, might be worth checking out.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

fusionanomaly.net...

"According to Ron Jr., his father considered himself to be the one 'who came after'; that he was Crowley's successor; that he had taken on the mantle of the 'Great Beast'. He told him that Scientology actually began on December the 1st, 1947. This was the day Aleister Crowley died."

Whether this is totally accurate or not; Scientology is garbage.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Isn't it also true that they use copyright and trademark law to try to silence anyone who speaks ill of Scientology? That is, their books, are copyrighted, and all of their buzzwords are trademarked, so anyone who uses them in a way they don't like could be sued.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
I forget the link, however its in some post i did in the past about scientology.

Here's just a few...there are probably about 20 more....

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I know when I walk passed their office on w43rd street in nyc every day they try to recruit me. we're talking they step in front of my path and make me go out of my way to get around them.

that doesn't happen when I walk by St Patrick' s catherdral !!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
John Travolta belongs to them, I believe.....as well as Tom Cruise......and I recall hearing that Charles Manson was also a follower and had reached the level of a 'clear' ( can't be sure about Charlie....).

I bought a copy of "Dianetics" years ago, but have never been able to get beyond the first few chapters....it's a bit heavy.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
while were on the topic of celebs in sci.

home.snafu.de...

list of celebrities in scientology. verify for yourself.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I dunno but this scientology sounds pretty far out there lol. I wonder why all of these celebs have decided to believe in this religion?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Very interesting.

home.sunrise.ch...

Manson and the O.T.O. ?

Before Charles Manson (b. 1935) visited the 'parties' open to outsiders held at Solar Lodge meetings, he had had a rather chequered occult history. He is supposed to have first become interested in Scientology while he was incarcerated at the McNeil Island Penitentiary in Washington (Scientology has prison recruiting programmes). There it is said that Manson received about 150 hours of Scientology counselling. After his release from prison, he went to Los Angeles, where it is claimed that he attended several Scientology events where Hollywood stars were guests, including possibly the dedication ceremony for Scientology's first 'Celebrity Center'. Manson was undoubtedly eager to meet celebrities to further his musical ambitions and find someone to produce his guitar-playing; it is known that he contacted one of the Beach Boys, and Doris Day's son.

There are hints that not long after this he became involved with the Solar Lodge, and may also have had links with 'The Process', a Satanist-oriented group which had originally broken away from Scientology; Scientology itself had early connections with Crowley's O.T.O., in the form of L. Ron Hubbard's association with Jack Parsons.

It's not surprising that so many celebrities get caught up in nonsense like Scientology, the O.T.O. and Zionist pop-'Kabbalah'.

Manly P. Hall wrote

Black Magic appeals to the mass mind. It appeals to the principles of our civilization. It offers something for nothing. As long as there is cupidity in the human heart, it will remain as a menace to the honesty and integrity of our race.

- Manly P. Hall from Magic: a Treatise on Esoteric Ethics

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Tamahu]

top topics

join