It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the '16-word' flap & the Mar. '03 Halliburton theft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
the recent flap over the '16 words' in Bush's State of the Union Address is what I want to discuss here-

it is not a secret that there are those who play both sides in order to manipulate the masses into thinking the solution they offer (to the problem that was THEIR creation) is a necessity... never mind the fact the public would have cried foul had there not been a problem created in the 1st place.

excuse my tangents, but here's my thoughts: this flap over 16 words pertains to the statement that Iraq had sought nuclear material from Niger... which Bush used as a sort of justification for military action.

Now there are questions being raised as to the validity of these statements- it seems to me almost on purpose ....

www.truthout.org...
www.msnbc.com...

scenario:

A)world cries foul at this intel (Iraq seeks nuke material from Niger) that was known to be unsubstantiated

B)Tenet takes blame but will not be demoted & quite possibly will be amply rewarded for taking the 'fall'

C)catastrophic nuclear event on US soil- using the nuclear device 'stolen' in Niger from Halliburton in Mar '03 (see news links for proof that this theft occured- and hmm.. didnt that get pushed quietly under the rug?)) & blamed on 'terrorists'

D)American & British intel take bows for knowing what they were talking about all along. Tenet the fall guy gets public approval again

E) whatever this whole scenario was a catalyst for will come to fruition- probably giving up yet MORE freedoms & suspension of habeus corpus, & the one-world-army, one-world gov't come wmrching quickly in at the cheers of the people who feel they need to be protected at all costs from these terrible dangers- when in fact the terrible dangers are orchestrated by the few.. he elite.

I went way off on a tangent, so if anyone sees what I'm trying to convey here, do comment.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by nuworld]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
the device stolen was in all probability a nuclear denseiometer. they do come in large boxes mostly foam to prevent injury to the instument, the instument itself weighs about 60 pounds, inside there is a small amount of radioactive material that could be used to make a dirty bomb 'however you would have to steal a couple of hundred of these and combine them to contaminate 6 city blocks
the inconvience and cultural shock would do more damage than the bomb the clean up costs would be immense and disposal costs would be also
and there are enough of these discarded instruments floating around oil fields around the world, if a subversive element wanted to gather them it would not be difficult
your plot is plauseable
on the other hand there are over 100 full flegged nuclear
suitcase bombs missing from Russia and this is a much larger concern

tut

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
the device stolen was not a "nuclear device" so let's get that straight right now. More hyperbole...but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you just may not understand.

It was a radioactive source device used in logging if I remember correctly, and not the densometer (which does have a radioactive source as well).

It was NOT brushed under the carpet. It got the proper amount of coverage and anything past that was a nonstory. Furthermore, it was NOT stolen in Niger...it was in Nigeria, Port Harcourt I believe. The device was stolen in the large, heavy lock-box it was secured in. Most likely the local thieves hooked right to the case and drug the whole damned thing away. Just to also clear this up, they'll steal anything that isn't attached to the whole darned compound, so this is nothing new. 90% chance they didn't have a clue what they were dragging off, and are probably still working to get the darned thing open.

Now that we have cleared up all the disinformation in the original post concerning this incident, I guess we can move on to the rest of the issues.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
1. The issue of misuse of the forged intelligence is only one aspect of all of the post-PNAC rationalizations and justifications to support the pre-planned war on Iraq. All are under review, not just the Niger issue.

2. Anyone taking a fall now is not going to be rewarded or get the dogs off the Bush administration. Not in the medium term.

3. I support that (E) is the whole M.O. of this administration, but with increasing recognition of that M.O., the future operations would have to stand up to much better scrutiny, and I don't think they can.

4. Nothing to fear except public apathy.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

It was a radioactive source device used in logging if I remember correctly, and not the densometer (which does have a radioactive source as well).

Now that we have cleared up all the disinformation in the original post concerning this incident, I guess we can move on to the rest of the issues.

========================================

well lets see,
i have worked with nuclear densiometers for over twenty years [till I stopped working] and they most certainly are a radioactive source used by Halibuton in the drilling industry
and last time i looked Haliburton did not own an electric wireline company but that may have changed
and i have detected no disinformation here, merely speculation

TUT

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Chill out.

First, I was not even talking to you, but to the original poster.

Second, I did not take your speculation on the densometer as disinformation and was merely trying to correct it.

Then, YES, I said that the densometer does indeedy have a radioactive source, but THIS device stolen was not a densometer. It was a wireline logging tool, which Halliburton DOES have. YES, Halliburton performs wireline logging.

Hope the air is clear between us, because I really wasn't commenting other than to the original post.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Phase 2 is starting

As with all govt boon-dogels..s will roll !
the body bags start with Dr. David Kelly
a UK citizen, UN Weapons Inspector...

on Wed. he made statements at a WMD inquiry
on Thur. he is reported missing
on Fri. a body matching his description is discovered

a sad situation indeed
but expected...is there actually a sinister plan at work?

(eom)

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
riffraffalunas

Of course.

Keep posting on this one.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas
Phase 2 is starting

a sad situation indeed
but expected...is there actually a sinister plan at work?

(eom)
=========================================

yes there is and it is brought to you live by the exact same people that brought you the Kenedy Asassination live from Dallas

tut tut

new topics

top topics

join