It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joan Kennedy Unconscious in Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Another sad event in the annals of the Kennedy clan.
I haven't heard about Joan lately. I guess her family tried to keep her out of the spotlight.

She's in hospital with a concussion and broken shoulder after being found by a passer-by.

"We're indebted to some anonymous pedestrian who found her and picked her up and got her help," he told the Boston Herald for its Wednesday editions.

Details of exactly what happened and how she ended up in the street were unclear. There was no police report on the incident. Joan Kennedy, who divides her time between Cape Cod and a Boston condominium, has struggled with alcoholism. She spent time in a number of rehabilitation programs following arrests for drunken driving.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes, alcoholism is an evil she cant seem to shake. Last i heard the family phisically took her to a rehab to get help. Guess that didnt work.
What a shame

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You got that aright.
Unless a person has been down that road, it is impossible to imagine the hold alcohol can have on a person.
Certainly the term "demon rum" is fitting.

I guess poor Joan wasn't cut out to live in the [fill in the blank] world of the Kennedy's. It seems almost like a curse. Look at all the bad things that have happened to that family over the years.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Uhmmm... i saw her picture on a tabloid and her face is tight as can be..she has time and desire to look young anyway but the booze gets the best of her.
What a scene! Can you imagine finding someone like that passed out on the street? One of the Kennedy's? Good lord, even Ted can put the bottle down when necessary.

I can just imagine what her hairline looks like!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Oh, I guess Teddy isn't an alcoholic...or he is in recovery.
He seems to have moved on with his life. I can't say I blame him for leaving her. Staying would just have made him an enabler. I would imagine it would be hard to leave.

One of the Kennedys, yeah. I mean to include spouses and children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of Joseph Kennedy. Institutionalism, death, accidents, death, disease, dysfunction and more death.
Certainly not a family I would intentionally involve myself with.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I know them. I know Eunice, Tony and Joe Kennedy fairly well. I spent years volunteering with the Special Olympics in Hyannis, Ma. They are extremely nice people, i have to say. I met Ben Affleck and others at their compound dinners.
I think Joan is better off in rehab, and you're right, he seems to have moved on and there's not much drinking on Ted's part anymore.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Okay, let's try this again. I try to post here and got a "test" screen

Joan Kennedy Remains Hospitalized and her neighbor gets her 15-minutes-of-fame.

t remained unclear exactly what happened to Kennedy, who has battled alcoholism for years. There was an ambulance call record but no police report on the incident and family members have declined to give any details.

Constance Bacon, 35, who lives in the affluent neighborhood where Kennedy has a condominium, said she was returning home Monday evening when she saw a well-dressed woman sprawled on the sidewalk in the rain. There was a cut on her head.

"She said she was OK, but she didn't look OK," Bacon told The Boston Globe. There was no indication Kennedy had been drinking, Bacon said.

new topics

top topics

join