It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
As im sitting here enjoying my spliff a thought came through my head (this has prob been discussed b4 but im new here)..what if humans could learn to use 100% or at least 60% of there brain by controlling (somehow) your subconsious...wouldnt we be able to do lots more things, like developpe telekinetic/psychic or magic powers. Im very retarded when it comes to physiques but im fascinated by the stuff..wondering if somehow we could unleash all of what our brain is capable of.......i might be talking stupid but whatever....

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We already use 100% of our brain. The rumor that we didn't is an old myth.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
party pooper!
jkjk

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OliverMan
party pooper!
jkjk

Sorry bud, but the truth must prevail.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
well maybe the fun is over but ill go to bed smarter tonight...knowing my brain is working at 100% is quite reasuring

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
there's a good episode of the X-files in the first season on this except the brain is frozen but molder talks about that fact and also that if we use 10% of are brain power (although i guess we dont) but if u dont have to think about like moving, eating or anything then you could focus your brain more and stuff and it was about this mental person who was going and finnishing this really genius thing but no one knew how, he was also killing his brothers old partners in the expirement they were doing. hopfully someone know's what im talking about

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Is Your Brain Really Necessary?

Do you really have to have a brain? The reason for my apparently absurd question is the remarkable research conducted at the University of Sheffield by neurology professor the late Dr. John Lorber.

When Sheffield’s campus doctor was treating one of the mathematics students for a minor ailment, he noticed that the student’s head was a little larger than normal. The doctor referred the student to professor Lorber for further examination.

The student in question was academically bright, had a reported IQ of 126 and was expected to graduate. When he was examined by CAT-scan, however, Lorber discovered that he had virtually no brain at all.

Instead of two hemispheres filling the cranial cavity, some 4.5 centimetres deep, the student had less than 1 millimetre of cerebral tissue covering the top of his spinal column. The student was suffering from hydrocephalus, the condition in which the cerebrospinal fluid, instead of circulating around the brain and entering the bloodstream, becomes dammed up inside.

Comment: Okay now we are back to square one, where a person with almost no brain has shown that he can act just as a normal person. It looks like nobody has an argument anymore, since who even needs 10 percent of a brain any more, under certain conditions. The truth is always stranger than fiction, and stranger than any preconceptions about reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
i love it when things like this go back to phase 1 and no onbe has a better argument (well not way better argument) but first do u have any links or anything supporting what you say?

but if it is true and he has a IQ of 126 he's probibly using about 100% of his brain power so if your saying that is he has an 126IQ which is above averege IQ (averege is 100ish) then people with normal sized brain's and only getting 100 averege IQ i dought their using 100$ of their brain power too

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
okay i hope i don't sound dumb but i thought that we use most of our brain we just can't use it all at the same time and also different sections don't comunicate all to well with other parts or at least as much as they could.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Is Your Brain Really Necessary?

This is the most fascinating and bizarre thing I have ever read. Has anyone debunked this or is it for real?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
that would be pretty cool...but as someone else said we already use 100% of our brain...its just that we dont know how to control it all.

top topics

join