It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

should i call this girl?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
ok im getting less perverted and a girl in my class gave me he phone number and even better shes the girl i like but i wonder why shes doing this if she aready has a boyfriend? but shes also friends with some people that wanna jump me is this some kind of bait or for real?anyway i got her phone number.what do i do? well i hope my brother doesnt mind

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You would be wise to use a go-between or mediator.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Call her! It's not like them folks can jump you over the phone.

Worst case scenario, you're a little embarassed and you can come to your friendly neighborhood ATS counslers to get lifted back up emotionally. Best case: y'all start dating and have a grand ol' time! I would say the ends justify the risk.

However, from what I understand you're supposed to wait a little while before calling. Someone more versed in dating etiquite could help out in that regard...Or you could watch the movie Swingers

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If she has a boyfriend she can't be too happy if she gave you her number wanting you to call.....so go for it.....call her....see where it leads to...and ask her why she gave it to you, and if she wants ony just to be friends or something else, if so, ask her is she is planning on breaking up with her boyfriend, so you will know if she is playing you....ask questions.....

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't call her unless you know she is free and single. Would you really want to date the kind of girl that is kickin' it with other guys?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just call and say hello. See if she minds chit-chatting with you. If she gives you her number, she won't mind you calling. She's probably think it was odd if you didn't. As for the boyfriend she already has, "all's fair in love and war." If she's the one you want then go for it. You won't get anywere with her if you don't at least try.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
talk man! play the field! the only way to find happiness!

why would your brother care btw?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
yeah, you should call her. So what if someone wants to beat you up? I mean, honestly, is physical pain all that bad? I tend to think not. Besides, no one will ever force you to fight, you make that choise. So, if you don't want to fight, don't! Even if it means you are getting called names. What do names mean outside of highschool anyways? Beyond that, you do need to figure out what you want in a girl, so you should take this opportunity to figure it out. However, if she is just looking for a good time, i would strongly recommend walking away.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hi Mids....

Well, if you were going out with some girl and you found out that she gave some 'other' guy her number and wants him to call her....How would you feel???
perhaps??

I guess she probably wants to try something new??

Call her if you want....But the whole thing doesn't feel very right to me

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
$10 says she gave you the number for rejection hot line

No offence, but its what alot of girls do

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
give it ago, the worst she can do is say no to a date or hang up.

try it, you never know she may actually like you!

x x oni x x

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
middleman got a rebuff two months ago and announced that on a separate thread.

I wonder how often he will relive the delights of this still-open topic.

middleman, have you gone to bigger and better things?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
lol, Oni always has good advice.

Middleman dont let her friends that want to jump you stop you. I had the same problem in high school. Best looking girl in our grade, for some reason and God only knows why, she liked me. Well needless to say this earned me hatred and the older guys despised me. I liked her too, unfortuneatly it became a romeo & juliet situation where both our worlds would fall apart if we had gotten together so there was a mutual understanding that we couldnt be together, my reputation would have ruined hers and on and on. so we secretly admired each other for years, but to this day i have never been with her.
really a sad thing and i regret letting stupid social standings get in the way.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
cheers X! you give good advice aswell!

as i said try it all she can say is no!

oni x x

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I hardly ever post in BTS.. but this one got my attention because of the rejection hotline thing. LOL.. I have heard of that.

I mean if your being perverted in class and she already has a boyfriend.. and then she suddenly gives you a phone number..

I'd be pretty sure with rejection thing.

Don't phone right away, take it easy.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunktalk man! play the field! the only way to find happiness!
Talk and playing the field never got me anywhere but rejected, divorced and bankrupt! LOL!

Then I woke up and smelled the coffee. June Cleavers (under the age of 50) don't exist in America anymore. That's a bygone breed of woman. Sorry ladies.... 99% of men these days aren't exactly Ward Cleavers either, which is the ideal foisted upon me growing up - in between the male bashing of Cher on Sonny, Marie on Donny, and Maude on her wimpy-butt husband whose name I can't even remember. Any wonder the father icon of today is Homer Simpson? Thank you very much women's lib - a needful though reactionary movement whose penudulm needs to come to the center. Balance is everything....

Oh hey! About this girl.... I don't know, Mate! Sounds like this bird is playing you. Been down that "I've got a boyfriend, but call me anyway" road before. DANGER! WARNING WIL ROBINSON! DANGER! DANGER!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
However, from what I understand you're supposed to wait a little while before calling. Someone more versed in dating etiquite could help out in that regard...Or you could watch the movie Swingers

lol love that movie.. How long do you wait to call? Or how long do you deem is too little or too long?

heh.. my guess would be to call her and see whats up.. if she goes out with you remember to have some friends trail behind just incase its a setup.. not on foot if your friends are old enough to drive tell them to tail you like a stakeout kind of way if no car then let them follow you on foot 2-3 friends at the most..

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan

Originally posted by junglejake

lol love that movie.. How long do you wait to call? Or how long do you deem is too little or too long?

heh.. my guess would be to call her and see whats up.. if she goes out with you remember to have some friends trail behind just incase its a setup.. not on foot if your friends are old enough to drive tell them to tail you like a stakeout kind of way if no car then let them follow you on foot 2-3 friends at the most..

Hire a few friends as stalkers to stalk you guys as you go out.. wtf.

No.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ksnazdnzon

No.

Who said anything about hiring? hell.. i would rather feel comfortable knowing that my friends are around and have my back just incase its a setup if you know what i mean then just going out on my own and getting jumped..

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan

Originally posted by Ksnazdnzon

No.

Who said anything about hiring? hell.. i would rather feel comfortable knowing that my friends are around and have my back just incase its a setup if you know what i mean then just going out on my own and getting jumped..

Sounds a little paranoid.. oh wait.. I remembered what site I was on.

I really doubt it would be a set up just to get jumped.. that's very unrealistic. I even doubt she wants to do anything with this guy anyways.. I'd take it slow.

Don't be afraid though man.. don't wimp out because you think some guy is going to beat you up.. I mean how old are you now? You seem to be in High School. It's not always like on TV man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join