It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Central and South America vulnerable as 'terror hideouts'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Those areas has little in their own military devoted to security and would be a logical place for terrorist planning something to hide and wait for the green light. This area should be watched and if they are planning another big hit, perhaps with an infantry, this area is where they would train and wait. Also this area is full of drug cartels and they are often terror groups in a way. Though I doubt drug lords would want any anti-US action because the American people make them wealthy, I think there is a lot of potential for terrorist to co-exist with the drug traders until they are given the green light for an attack.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is old news and been on the radar for quite some time. There is an area in South America where Paraguay's, Brazil's and Argentina's borders meet where there is alot of muslim activity and there have been several reports through major news agencies of suspected terrorist support activities in this region. The jokers are on the radar of several different countries security agencies. But like all such groups, without penetration and inside information the likelyhood of gleaning any useful information is going to be tough.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Your backyard could be a terrorist hideout. Your neighbors could be terrorists. Anywhere has the possibiblity of harboring terrorists. They could be renting an apartment down the street from the white house....give me a break. They were flying commercial aircraft during 9/11....they are capable of anything from anywhere.

join