It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Graffiti Sprayed on Grave of Israel's Founding Father

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Nazi Graffiti Sprayed on Grave of Israel's Founding Father

Nazi graffiti was spray-painted Wednesday on the grave of Israel's founding father, David Ben-Gurion, and on a monument to Theodore Herzl who established the Zionist movement, Israeli police said.
The word "Hitler" was scrawled in black spray-paint on the Negev desert grave site of Ben-Gurion, Israel's first prime minister, Wednesday afternoon when the caretaker was patrolling elsewhere in the compound, police spokeswoman Liat Nidam said.

Around the same time, the phrase "Neo-Nazi Hail Beilin" was sprayed in the courtyard in front of a Jerusalem monument to Herzl, said Shmuel Ben-Ruby, the Jerusalem police spokesman.

The reference to Yossi Beilin, the head of the dovish Yahad political party, has led police to believe that ultra-nationalist Jews could be responsible for the graffiti, Ben-Ruby said.

Extremist Jews who oppose a planned withdrawal from the Gaza Strip have been using Holocaust and Nazi slogans to denounce Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and others who support the pullout.

Why can't people just leave the dead alone.. Wonders if it is the extremist Jews or some real Nazi supporters? Regardless though, it looks like someone is trying to start something on this road to peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Extremist Jews who oppose a planned withdrawal from the Gaza Strip have been using Holocaust and Nazi slogans to denounce Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and others who support the pullout.

That's the thing that really gets me. Symbols of death, destruction, and pure hatred are just that, and are NOT to be thrown around lightly. It's despicable and morally atrocious. As for the graffiti, well, were it to be a Nazi-supporter, I wouldn't be surprised (obviously).

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I can't understand why "Jewish Extremists" would use nazi symbols though??

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I can't understand why "Jewish Extremists" would use nazi symbols though??

Suffice to say it a bit messed up. The key word there is, as always, extremists. They could hate him, or more likely the current administration (and the removal project) with an intense passion. That could drive someone to do something like that. They start to separate themselves from the rest of the world, and it becomes "O.K."

top topics

join