It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will India Go For F-16/F18 ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBaron

Still beats how F-16s can aid the fight against terrorism!!! Maybe, Bush was thinking that laid off Lockheed Martin workers could turn terrorists. That's the only thing that makes sense.

You said it man!!
They should've thought of a better cover story!1
This seems soooo hollow!!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It would have been more interesting if they had offered the F-22 or at least the JSF. India would have jumped at the offer.

Are you thinking Ok? The U.S. hasn't even offered the Raptor to the U.K or any other country for that matter. Its our 5th generation Air Dominance fighter and were not just about to give it to India or anyone else.
The JSF, I think only the countries involved with its development and production are getting some.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hey that's just unfair now, the USAF had help from the aliens!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Nah... not form the aliens the Raptor was developed back in the 80's I think too early for alien involvement

I think the 6th generation fighters and space planes being developed now are getting help from the aliens

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBaron
Like I said in an earlier post, it's nothing more than a calculated move to bait India. The US will never let a country like India manufacture their top-notch planes.

The offer on the Super Hornets was made only to counter the offer of F-16s to Pakistan. They know very well that India will never plunk in 100 million+ (including tech transfer and logistics) per plane when they have so many alternatives available. In the end, the US can say they made a fair offer and it was India who refused it.

It would have been more interesting if they had offered the F-22 or at least the JSF. India would have jumped at the offer.

Still beats how F-16s can aid the fight against terrorism!!! Maybe, Bush was thinking that laid off Lockheed Martin workers could turn terrorists. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Well said! I agree with you 100%

Though I don't understand why so many in India + media are so emotional about the F-16 sale.

Announced cooperation with America in the nuclear, civilian, economic fields anncounced at the same time as the F-16 sale far, far surpasses whatever stop-gap role an PAF F-16 will go to combat India's overwhelming combat superiority.

Though this whole hyphenating (India-Pakistan, Pakistan-India) by the US of India, an emerging world power in every respect, versus Paksitan, a nation 1/6th the size, a known terror and nuclear proliferator, an economy that only registers megre growth after 90% American aid, grants and debt-relief, with all the while inflation skyrockets; literacy and income levels falling through the foor; poverty levels increasing throught the roof; incredible increasing civil unrest and outright rebellion in over 60% of Pakistan's territory; etc., etc. etc. -- this hyphenation is so incedibly stupid.

Though that will soon change as India soon grows in power to a point that it simply cannot be constrined by Cold-war-era policy paradigms.

America is using Pakistan and Musharraf like a condom, used and to be later discarded in under a decade when the middle east security is secured in American interests; and Pakistan will finally succom to its long American-aid staved-off implosion.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by rajkhalsa2004]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I still think the indians may go for the jets because of the rammifications such a an agreement may have in the future..

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't think India will go for the F-18's, they are too expensive and if they did the U.S. might take 15 years to deliver it to them as we did with Pakistan. Pakistan had ordered the jets back when bush Sr. was in office.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I don't think India will go for the F-18's, they are too expensive and if they did the U.S. might take 15 years to deliver it to them as we did with Pakistan. Pakistan had ordered the jets back when bush Sr. was in office.

The US will not take that much time with India...
They're already offering 18 jets (F-16 blk 70 ) in fly away condition while the remaining will (can) be built in India..
Pakistan had problems with the Pressler amendment...
Also they do not have an aircraft industry which can support such aircraft assembly..

<< 1   >>

join