It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at Mars tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
this may have been already posted if so then i apologize. Tonight you should be able to see Mars located close to the moon. And whats better, around the 27 of next month Mars will be closer to earth than it has in the past 50,000 years or so.

I have a cheap meade telestar that i got from walmart so i doubt it will be able to look at anything but maybe some of you have better telescopes and can take pictures. I want to get a Meade ETX-70AT next month and i think I might.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Are you sure it is 50,000 years. I believe it is a little more, atleast that is what astronomy teacher told me. Try going to the local museum that has a telescope, they usually have good telescopes and big one too.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thatone is correct, mars will be more visible than it ever has in the last 50 thousand years.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
yeah, I saw it last night. it's pretty darn cool!

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I saw it early in the morning perched just above the moon, its quite amazing. Just think, there are signs of human beings on Mars. I wonder what they might find under the surface around Cydonia.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Its tight in my oppinion, At first I thought it was a space station, but good old Mars, Hmm, I wonder what Earth looks like from Mars.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Here are some photos of the moon-mars encounter.
I did'nt get a chance to see it, but it's pretty cool.

www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
guess i read wrong wherever i read that. They said 7-17 but i guess it was early morning because mars came in view long before the moon did last night. I looked at it through my telescope. I could tell it was mars it looked like a star in the sky but through the telescope it rounded it out a little and could see the orange color better.

top topics

join