It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Staffer Impersonates Secret Service Agent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
In a bizarre effort to reduce opposition at a speech by president Bush, a staffer impersonated a Secret Service agent and forcibly ejected three people who had arrived in a car with a bumper sticker that was critical of the war in Iraq. The students claim their First Amendment rights were violated. The name of the staffer has not been released by the Bush camp, but an investigation is apparently under way.

rockymountainnews.com
A Republican Party staffer dressed like a Secret Service agent forcibly removed three people from President Bush's speech in Denver last week after they arrived in a car with a "No more blood for oil" bumper sticker.

The man's identity as a Republican staffer was confirmed to the Rocky Mountain News on Tuesday by Denver Secret Service agent in charge Lon Garner, who investigated the incident. He declined to identify the man.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This incident raises some very interesting questions regarding security, and accountability. If a person off the street impersonated a Secret Service agent for any purpose, it would be considered a VERY serious crime. This incident is being investigated by the Secret Service, but there has been little in the way of communication with the press regarding the story.

The conspiracy angle is, of course, was this a concerted effort on the part of the office of the presidency to reduce the appearance of disagreement with policy? Or was this simply a rogue, fanatical staffer intent on succeeding at the goal of keeping the speech civil, at all costs?

Was this man acting alone, or with support? The attire and accessories the man was wearing conform to the 'uniform' of the Secret Service. This isn't a purely political problem, because it begs the question, just how easy is it to impersonate a Secret Service agent? If this man can do it, so can terrorists, malcontents, anarchists, etc..

[edit on 30-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 30-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I personally have no problem with this.

It is consistent with American citizens' tacit acceptance that their civil rights ought to be eroded every day.

It is also very consistent in the context of the Bush administration itself, where George W Bush impersonates a "president" on a daily basis and over 50% of the nation believes that over 50% of the country's eligible voters gave him the mandate to continue in his tragicomedic act.

Be a good citizen, and don't express any opinions, or seek the truth, or ask for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Very well stated MaskedAvatar! This is an unusual move but hell, whats normal anymore? This also does pose a serious threat to the Presidents saftey, but he should be allowed to play with the big dogs. If he cannot hack it he needs to step down. It is amazing though that a man was able to get that close to him. Maybe next time someone may take some drastic action because Bush does need a serious reality check. His servants ( the U.S. pouplace) can only take it for so long. Maybe there needs to be a few more getting just a little closer to instill some commonsense in him.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fake news, fake secret service--what's next?

Y'know, come to think of it, Laura Bush did look a little different in those pictures from Afghanistan....

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I personally have no problem with this.

It is consistent with American citizens' tacit acceptance that their civil rights ought to be eroded every day.

It is also very consistent in the context of the Bush administration itself, where George W Bush impersonates a "president" on a daily basis and over 50% of the nation believes that over 50% of the country's eligible voters gave him the mandate to continue in his tragicomedic act.

Be a good citizen, and don't express any opinions, or seek the truth, or ask for it.

Yeah, baby! Thanks for that, you made my day. And since we're so near the end of the month and I'm busy getting a suntan in fabby Fla:

You have voted MaskedAvatar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm hoping that MaskedAvatar is being sarcastic, because the people stated in the article clearly do not accept erosion of civil rights or Bush.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
I'm hoping that MaskedAvatar is being sarcastic, because the people stated in the article clearly do not accept erosion of civil rights or Bush.

Yeah I'm 99.99% sure it was sarcasm

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
why the pretext...
this was obviously a secret service person, who they are now "disavowing" knowledge of... because we wouldn't want to think that Bush would order such thing as policy... I can hear thespin doctors at work...must be a "rogue agent"... wait MAKE THAT A ROGUE STAFFER...yeah that is the ticket

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
To this day I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Bushes turkey day trip to iarq was fake and a double did it........personally I feel they sould start putting out prozac and lithium licks (kinda like salt licks for dumb animals) in places like florida so that the reality challenged and the just plain excitable could just go up to them and start licking and medicate themselves as needed.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ok, so maybe i'm just becoming numb to all the lies and corruption that just spews from DC these days... but i am just not shocked by this.

infact i think on some level i expected it.

sigh.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
"dressed like a secret service agent"
what does that mean?

earpiece...maybe bluetooth cell phone earpiece?
lapel pin...Not sure about that..is there a pin that says " I am secret service"?

"they were told he was a secret service agent" by whom?

Could be over-reaction...Could be true..

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It is consistent with the lack of the integrity of the Republican leadership.

Manipulation, mis-representation, fraud, phony ideals, lies.

This is the leadership of the so-called moral right.

Is the moral high-ground sinking into the cesspit of politics?

forget your waders Virgina, get your scuba tanks, I think the highground is sinking even lower

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

And 97% of statistic figures are pulled out of the posters neither regions. I believe we (my city) got a 35% turnout of eligible voters.

Let me pull some figures and restate your quote: Most of the nation believes that W was elected in the way that that USA elects Presidents, which has nothing to do with eligible voters or the majority. I hope you are joking.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You can see many comments from me about the anachronistic Electoral College elsewhere. The so-called "statistics" that you see me quote above are from the divided psyche engineered for middle America, where the magic number of 50% is all you need to pass and rule.

The Bush administration has no mandate from me to govern anything at all, and deserves no mandate from anyone.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for the explanation.

I’m kinda new here, and haven’t read your various hypotheses yet.

I see where you are coming from now: so thanks!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Lazarus
I doubt it. The investigation was conducted by the Secret Service who were understandably miffed at being impersonated. The CIA and Secret Service have had a rocky relationship with this administration. They've been exposed to more danger, had to commit more unpleasantries in the name of progress than they're comfortable with, and they certainly don't appreciate the purge that is still underway.

I think this was just a case of the Bush camp trying to reign in free speech, pure and simple. It's certainly not the first case. People have been ejected from speeches and rallies for simply sitting next to someone with an anti-Bush t-shirt. People have been denied entrance to rallies for clothing, hair style, POV, and now, bumper stickers.

Spacedoubt
Did you read the article before you commented? The article stated the man was dressed in a suit and tie, wearing a white earpiece. He STATED that he was a member of the Secret Service and forcibly ejected these three because they were seen arriving in a car with a "No Blood for Oil" bumper sticker. They protested the action, but he forced them out the door and refused them entry.

Interesting comments all around on the body double issue. I've never really thought about it, that's a tactic generally employed by dictators around the world. It would make perfect sense for our beloved domestic dictator to use it as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Spacedoubt
Did you read the article before you commented? The article stated the man was dressed in a suit and tie, wearing a white earpiece. He STATED that he was a member of the Secret Service and forcibly ejected these three because they were seen arriving in a car with a "No Blood for Oil" bumper sticker. They protested the action, but he forced them out the door and refused them entry.

WyrdeOne,

Yes, I read it...then read it again..just to be sure.
I still don't see where the man himself claimed to be secret service..

Direct pull quote:
"The three people said the man wore a lapel pin and an earpiece, and they WERE TOLD he was with the Secret Service. And they and their attorney quoted agent Garner as saying the staffer admitted forcing them out solely due to the bumper sticker. "

Semantics, yes..one of any "good" media outlets favorite tools..

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Garner said his investigation found that the man was a Republican Party staffer and "not a Secret Service agent." He referred further questions to his Washington office.

The group said Garner also told them there have been numerous cases of Republican staffers holding themselves out as Secret Service agents at presidential appearances.

(Garner is the SS agent investigating the masquerade.)

..Another man wearing a smiley-face tie said, "'We're waiting for the Secret Service to come and talk to you.' And then this guy comes," said Weise.

He was dressed in a dark suit, with an earpiece and a red lapel pin, Bauer said. "He said, 'You two have been ID'd, and if you have any ill intention, you will be arrested and jailed."

Then they were allowed to enter. About 20-30 minutes later, all three were hustled out by the same man.

Bauer said he grabbed her by the elbow, urged her forward and said, "Come with me"

It seems to be pretty straightforward. The man was identified as SS by his coworker, and his attire, and then later by his actions. Let a republican staffer put his hands on someone and see what happens. But when the SS does it, you do what they want you to do generally. These staffers are essentially playing a trick to bolster their perceived power.

It's a dirty trick to be sure.

But it doesn't compare to the absolute lockdown of any dissent. Nobody who might disagree with the president is allowed anywhere near him.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
. . . reading from WyrdeOne's quote this was a case of handing off the lie.
The actual liar was wearing the smiley face. Obviously a collusion between the two, but possibly deniable if you are extremely gulible.

Young said he was physically pushed out. Weise said the man pointed at her some distance away in the crowd and said loudly, "You too! you need to leave!"

He was obviously getting physically intimidating and forceful.
Someone with absolutely NO AUTHORITY to do so.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
According to the SS agent investigating the incident, there have been a dozen other instances where a staffer impersonated a SS agent to 'motivate' dissenters to leave.

It's a persistent problem that requires some attention.

The fact that people who disagree are 'allowed their equal time and freedom of speech' outside the events, blocks away in some cases, often not at all, and the fact that people are being removed from gymnasiums and theaters because of their appearance or political affiliation..that's just wrong.

And to be very clear, this isn't just a Bush action, though I've never heard of any other cases of staff impersonating agents, I do know for a fact that audiences have been cherry picked for some time, it helps to maintain the illusion of a majority in the eyes of those followers who attend. It helps to bolster the cult of personality that cushions the POTUS against revolt.

We're being led to believe our voices are in the minority, when in fact the majority of people did not vote for this man, either time, and the majority of the country does want accountability in government, an end to the lies, and a measure of resititution for those crimes which have clearly been commited, going back at least as far as JFK.

We're being led to believe our voice is small, when in fact it is only fractured. If all the voices came together it would be a very, very, loud noise.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join