It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Poorly? You're Not Alone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
link

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Getting a good night's sleep is hard for many adults and that often means poorer health, lower productivity on the job, more danger on the roads and a less vibrant sex life.

"By 3 to 4 in the afternoon, I'm starting to feel brain-drained and I need that caffeine to pick me back up again,'' said Becky Mcerien, 50, of Philadelphia.

She gets about 6.5 hours of sleep a night -- slightly less than the adult average of 6.9 hours reported by the National Sleep Foundation.

i am having a little trouble waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep again...

who else has sleep problems here on ATS???

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I DO!!! Im only 13 but i find myself still awake at 4am.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
I DO!!! Im only 13 but i find myself still awake at 4am.

I think that's perfectly normal at 13

I posted this thread not too long ago along similar lines....
Sleep Apnea

Check out that link on my original post if you don't know about sleep apnea....It's estimated that 20 million people in the US are at risk, and 80-90% of those will never be diagnosed......

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm never in bed before 10 pm on school nights and I'm never in bed before 2:30 am when I don't have school. But I guess thats normal considering I'm fifteen. Insomnia is so much fun, until I realize in the morning only got four and a half hours of sleep.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have sleep apnea, but I'm also bi-polar so that interferes with my sleep. I'm very sensitive to caffeine and can't drink any or I won't sleep either. I use a CPAP machine with the setting at 14 psi and that has helped somewhat. The biggest help (after two years of suffering) came from a doctor finally prescribing Trileptal. I actually sleep some nights now

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
if i go to sleep at any time early or late i still cannot wake up in the morning i do wake up but with a hard time .i dont know why and i love to wake up early.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I average 3 hours a night many nights. Partly due to massive amounts of stress. My personal life this year has been something of a joke. heh. I don't know what I did to piss off the universe but it must have been something impressive. I'm able to get through the day on 3-4 hours of sleep but after two or three days it's not pretty. I just really don't have much desire to sleep some nights, and other nights I lay in bed with my eyes closed and just take hours getting to sleep.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
My schedule is FUBARED! I wake up at 9:30am run around with my toddler all day, and because Im a web designer, I stay up until 6 am working. Im getting about 3 hours of sleep, and then when the other half has off from work, I will catch up on all of it Ill sleep until 3 or 4 in the afternoon...I cant take a nap though, naps wind up being all nights worth of rest at one time, The first couple of days it was hard but now Im used to it.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I sleep......some. Most days I have to really wear myself out physically to get sound sleep. So I am now on trazadone.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
My sleep patterns are really screwed up. I've found that if I go to bed when sleepy, I still can't get to sleep. I'm working on my sleep pattern and I am finding out that I do best when going to bed at about 8:00am. I'll usually sleep for about six hours. I have tried everything, so learning what my normal sleep pattern is really helps.

new topics

top topics

join