It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush crazy B/C he is a DRY DRUNK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Alcoholics Anonymous has a name for someone who is a drunk in every way except for the actual imbibing of spirits. They call that person a �dry drunk.� This is not a judgmental term, nor should this be a judgmental topic in America, where there are, by even the most conservative estimates, 10 million adult alcoholics, and very few families that have not been touched, in one way or another, by this national scourge. This same scourge has, by his own admission, also touched the life of our commander-in-chief.

Whether George W. Bush is or was an alcoholic is not the point here. I am taking him at his word that he stopped what he termed �heavy drinking� in 1986, at age 40. The point here is that, based on Bush�s recent behavior�his obsessive push for war with Iraq, his chest-thumping warning to other �rogue nations� of similar one-sided punishments, his adolescent, vengeful tone with those former allies that chose not to participate in the �coalition of the willing,� even his silly stunt of landing a jet on an aircraft carrier to prematurely declare, at the snap of his fingers (because he says it�s so) that the war in Iraq is over�he could very well be a �dry drunk.� Of course, he may just be an immature bully who will gladly sacrifice thousands of lives to get his way even against the advice of the most respected and mature members of his own party.

Still, Bush�s past battles with the bottle are worth pondering at a time like this, one of the most dangerous in the nation�s history. When a recovering alcoholic begins to engage in what AA calls �stinking thinking,� he or she begins to exhibit the old attitudes and pathologies of their drinking years. These include an increase in anxiety, mild tremors, mild depression, disturbed sleep patterns, inability to think clearly, craving for junk food, irritability, sudden bursts of anger and unpredictable mood swings. According to AA literature, �Boredom and listlessness may alternate with intense feelings of resentment against family and friends, and explosive outbursts of violence.�

Bush said he was a �heavy drinker.� But let�s not be coy here. Anyone who has ever imbibed heavily over a long period of time knows that �heavy drinker� is the rich man�s (or the politician�s) code for alcoholic.

inthesetimes.com...

What are you're thoughts?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I can't stop laughing to give a comment....gimmie a bit here Colonel......

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think he's still a drunken lush. That's how he busted up his head with that "Thug Pretzel" story. In actuality, he was probably all liquored up on a Sunday and fell and probably passed out in an alocholic coma.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
wow.
this is the bottom of the barrel...

ok, let's see, typical republican response...
hmm....

clinton was always stoned,
remember his voice. typical stoner. i did not inhale... lmao

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have also noticed that he is sometimes grinning strangely brilliantly .. a suspicious demeanour. Could that point to alcohol-induced schizophrenia ?

Further evidence of this was his non-appearance on TV after the protest weekends in February, when condoleeza did his interviews. He eventually had to show up with blair and during that conference he read something and grunted more than he spoke while evading eyecontact with the camera. That points to heavy use of antipsychotic drugs at that time.

I think it is very probable that he has a post-alcoholic psychotic personality disorder. That would also explain his manipulability.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
God you guys.
lmao...

this is too funny.

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Fury]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I think he's still a drunken lush. That's how he busted up his head with that "Thug Pretzel" story. In actuality, he was probably all liquored up on a Sunday and fell and probably passed out in an alocholic coma.

Probably so Colonel, I will contend to that possibility but it is still hilarious that you presented this topic.
I think your trying to indicate that you, indeed, have a sense of humor?

You get this for the effort:

Still can't stop laughing though and your point is well made.

"Thug Pretzel" story......geezus, getting...cramps......here....Good one Colonel. I think you are showing your can be very humorous.....wtg!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Bush's alchohol problem.Bush partied til he was 40 (what a Frat boy) Check out the trailer

www.hornsandhalos.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Probably so Colonel, I will contend to that possibility but it is still hilarious that you presented this topic.
I think your trying to indicate that you, indeed, have a sense of humor?

You get this for the effort:

Still can't stop laughing though and your point is well made.

"Thug Pretzel" story......geezus, getting...cramps......here....Good one Colonel. I think you are showing your can be very humorous.....wtg!

regards
seekerof

*I'm not joking. (Burp) This is serious bidness. (eeech)*

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm not kidding. You are not to be taken seriously as your credibility is nil due to your obsession that is probably indicative of a mental illnesss. You're gonna wind up on an FBI watch list due to this, and while I'm no big fan of Big Brother and all, I can't say I'd blame them.

Why is it we seem to attract disturbed people nowadays? Did Belview and Shady Acres finally give their patients internet access?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
From the posted article:

"For the record, Bush claims to have stopped drinking for reasons that change each time he�s asked about his substance-abusing past (which isn�t often, thanks to a cowed press). Let�s say he started experimenting with alcohol, as per the national norm, at age 16 in prep school, and he began getting regularly wasted at Yale at age 18. This would mean that Bush drank �heavily� for at least 22 years. We are, then, asked to believe that he went cold turkey after more than two decades of heavy drinking, a nearly impossible feat even for someone, as he claims, who was rescued by God."

I for one, would forgive Bush for his past indiscretions of alcohol, coc aine and crack abuse, and treat the man on his merits of today. Sincerely.

And, if he spent maybe even 40% of his time away from those substances in that period and on ganja instead, in my opinion he would be a less cocky, more diligent individual, who would know when he has cognitive deficits and where they could lead him, and who would arrive with thoroughly rehearsed notes and cues to any public gathering where there is any chance someone might throw any kind of administration-embarrassing question at him.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I'm not kidding. You are not to be taken seriously as your credibility is nil due to your obsession that is probably indicative of a mental illnesss. You're gonna wind up on an FBI watch list due to this, and while I'm no big fan of Big Brother and all, I can't say I'd blame them.

Why is it we seem to attract disturbed people nowadays? Did Belview and Shady Acres finally give their patients internet access?

I'm sorry that I have to smash your hero but this is reality.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Very true, America is doomed, what next?

Presidents should be required to pass a drunk test, before entering the office. That would fix Bush.

"Our president is town a drank!!!" By all standards. ROFL

We should vote to have him put in to rehab or placed some where, where he can't do any damage.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by Micah]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well a "heavy drinker" is not a code just for rich men its a code for everyone.I have said all along that Bush is an alchie havent i CF ?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
At last.

An authoritative opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
When it comes to booze i know my stuff.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
At last.

Almost fell out my chair when I read this....cleaning up my drink as I type this...........LMAO!!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   

At last.

Almost fell out my chair when I read this....cleaning up my drink as I type this...........LMAO!!

regards
seekerof

Your ability to deny the present reality in defense of your God Bush is uncanny.

Could you please explain the pretzel incident? Could you please explain why he has had so FEW interviews with reporters? COuld you explain why he can't string two-sentences together? Could you explain why he makes up words? Could you explain why he creates fantasies out of thin air ("When I was back in the Vietman War, I learned...")?

Please explain.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Reality Smellality...read what the topic is.....
read what drunk said.....
read what MA said........
read what drunk responded........

reality..........yeah.........it was funny a hell............

Have a drink Colonel....you might catch a laugh or two also.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   

At last.

regards
seekerof

Your ability to deny the present reality in defense of your God Bush is uncanny.

Could you please explain the pretzel incident? Could you please explain why he has had so FEW interviews with reporters? COuld you explain why he can't string two-sentences together? Could you explain why he makes up words? Could you explain why he creates fantasies out of thin air ("When I was back in the Vietman War, I learned...")?

Please explain.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by Colonel]

I shall explain Bush: is permanently drunk thats why he makes up words from slurr thats why he has fantasies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join