It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Once again you are Sam Fisher the NSA Third Echelon agent.

This is the third Splinter cell game from Tom Clancy and absolutely the best yet. This game just released yesterday and unlike the second game release, they did all game platforms (xbox, ps2, gamecube, pc) all at once.

If you have played any of the others, you know what a great game this is. But now, there are a few new twists.

Goggles - Now they have more. Sure you have the nightvision and thermal, but now you also have EMF vision to see electrical devices and follow the flow of electrons from a lightbulb to the switch.

Pistol - Also has a built in jammer to disrupt electronic devices

Rifle - You get this at the start, no waiting.

LOADOUT - This is new! When taking on a mission (even the first) you have a choice of recommended loadout (balanced), assault loadout (ammo heavy), or stealth loadout (gadget heavy)

Stealth kills - New ways of taking down your opponents.

Sound meter - In addition to the light/dark meter, you now have a sound meter that shows ambient sound and then the noise you make.

Hacking - Yes, more interaction with computers this time. See next gadget for more.

ALL-IN-ONE GADGET - Now, you have binoculars that has a compass, laser mic, wi-fi entry, remote scanner and an object analyzer. You can use the wi-fi connection to remote into a computer (line-of-sight).

Sticky cameras - Now they all have camera and diversion camera ability (sound and then gas).

Door Opening - New door bash (seeing a guard on the other side with thermal googles) will knock him out cold...but it's noisy. You could also break the lock with your knife or pick it. Once unlocked there is a new stealth open that is the best ever. You push the door as fast or slow as you want.

Good AI - The guards have a pretty good AI. More unpredictable.

CO-OP PLAY - Not only can you play online (spys vs mercs - four players) like the second Splinter Cell, in this one you can play a split screen co-op game with a friend right at home. If you have xbox or pc, you can do this as a LAN game and use two machines and two tvs or monitors.

There is probably MORE, but this was all I could remember after one night.

As of now, I have only played the first mission and I have to say, this is perhaps one of the best games out. Certainly the best Splinter Cell. Unlike some titles, the team here has listened to the players and just keep making it better. Worth every penny.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
niiice...

this game looks great...

BTW niiice splinter cell avatar...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
niiice...

this game looks great...

BTW niiice splinter cell avatar...

Thanks! And yes, this game IS great.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
what system do you have it for...

i will probably get it for the PC...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
what system do you have it for...

i will probably get it for the PC...

Well, my home pc is not up to modern day snuff but I do have a PS2 and an Xbox. I think console gaming is fantastic and personally do not miss the buggy pc gaming.

That being said...PS2 online gaming is free and Xbox is $10 per month. Since I pay $10 for my TV DVR, I choose not to have Xbox live. I bought Splinter Cell for PS2 so I could play online.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
thanks...

good review...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Looks good. I like the sound of a co-op. However let me point out two flaws. Supposedly the co-op will actually just be a special four missions that are different from single player, however I don't know if thats true.

Also it appears that it's rated M. Assuming thats true, I'll have one hell of a time trying to obtain this game.

Otherwise it looks awesome, BTW awesome avatar Zed.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Looks good. I like the sound of a co-op. However let me point out two flaws. Supposedly the co-op will actually just be a special four missions that are different from single player, however I don't know if thats true.

No, there are more than 4 co-op missions (I forgot how many) and 10 solo missions.

It is an "M" rated game however.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well thank goodness for that. Anyhow I checked the reasons why it was rated M and counted my money. So I might be able to get Chaos Theory after all

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It looks pretty cool i saw a preview of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok I sent this by U2U to Zed, but I'm not getting a response and I'm impatient. But I need help.

On the third level, the bank in Panama, how on earth do I pick the vault lock?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Never mind, I finally figured it out. Some of the people in this game (I forgot to mention, I got the game) are pretty paranoid. I wonder if any are ATS members.

new topics

top topics

join