It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain the difference.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
These are the two that I use when I look for information in the Book of Enoch and hence my comments in the topic: "Giants...." by kraken:

www.ancienttexts.org...
www.mystae.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
And now the Qabalah....

www.geocities.com...

ifdawn.com...

[Edited on 19-7-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Isn't the Qabalah associated with Hermetic Philosophy?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 19-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Guys this thing about Enoch I don't know, but could it be he was talking about something else??

The origins of the Qabalah are with respect to Judaic culture, there is a Christian version and of course the Hermetic interpretation.

They are similar in ways but different in others.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Guys this thing about Enoch I don't know, but could it be he was talking about something else??

The origins of the Qabalah are with respect to Judaic culture, there is a Christian version and of course the Hermetic interpretation.

They are similar in ways but different in others.

Hi Toltec.
Hows Miami today?

Thanks for the info on the origins of the Qabalah.
What bothers you about Enoch? The implications of "The Watchers" and to what the exact meaning of "The Watchers" is? There is no denying that Enoch was indeed considered a great prophet of God during his time.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Which Enoch is the book from that's the question? Caine Enoch or is he from the side of Seth?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Enoch of the Seth line.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thats correct Illmatic and thanks for clarifying that for me.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My issues are not with Enoch or the content of the chapter in question the Qabalah is a methodology for attaining spiritual awareness, its really no different from methods presented by other cultures. Unlike practically every other culture in the world this methodology was de-emphasized, the people who originally practiced it were scattered all over the world and as I understand it those intrusted with caring over the practice to the Christians and Moslems were all killed by the Romans.

Rome realized that there culture and religion was going to be wiped out and in an effort to preserve there legacy they interfered with the development of the western world.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well, my explain the difference.

What is the difference between going out and killing millions, wiping out several religons, stealing their holidays and stories and god and take them as your own, going to war with other religons that you failed to stamp out earlier, wiping out science and facts for bs and the slaughter of common sense, worshipping dozens of dead people while saying you are a monotheistic religon, and Christianity?

Well????? I don't see any.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My point being James is with respect to the similarities with Roman culture in that respect.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Then what role did the city built by Caine serve? Caine being the cheribum of the east. Like it says in proverbs you must use both mind & action as well as faith. Mind and cation are the sons of Caine< sons of Fire. The sons of seth are the sons of faith< sons of water. The oversight to this is if the center of creation is a flame then why folllow the water. It does destroy the light. Perhapes this is why Jesus say the fact that Abel was righteous. Seth did take his place. And Jesus is he who came to destroy him, son came to kill the father. Father being the flame of creation.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, my explain the difference.

What is the difference between going out and killing millions, wiping out several religons, stealing their holidays and stories and god and take them as your own, going to war with other religons that you failed to stamp out earlier, wiping out science and facts for bs and the slaughter of common sense, worshipping dozens of dead people while saying you are a monotheistic religon, and Christianity?

Well????? I don't see any.

Blessings,
�M

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cainecrawford
....And Jesus is he who came to destroy him, son came to kill the father....

....not to kill, but to judge him together with rest of mankind. All who have lived as sons and daughters among Adam's descendants. With him is salvation, through the correct reading of the Law and the Prophets.

Edit: And what you point out is but a possibility in the Messiah. Who knows if Cain will not be forgiven?

BTW: I've always wondered: Are the Hindus descendants of Cain? With their mark of protection on their foreheads, their cremations and their strong faith in the divine and all.....

Blessings,
�m

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The Tanakh (Torah) is the first five books of the JEWISH Holy Scriptures. It is also called "The Five books of Moses" and the "Books of the Law". The Jewish Holy Scriptures are then completed with the Nevi'im (The Prophets), and the Kethubim (The Writings).

You then have the Talmud and Mishna which are not part of the Jewish Holy Scriptures. They are basically Rabbinical debates/discussions over interpretations of the laws contained with the Talmud. You then have the Midrash. Midrash aggada are sermons derived from the biblical text. Midrash halakha are further laws derived from the biblical text. Midrash's are also not part of the Jewish Holy Scripture.

The Kabbalah is Jewish mysticism. There is nothing Islamic about it. If there are similarities between the two, then Islam borrowed from the Kabbalah, because the Kabbalah was in existence long before Islam.

The Book of Enoch, along with a great number of other extraneous Jewish writings comprise a body of works called the Pseudepigrapha which is the Jewish equivalent to the Christian Apocrypha.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
The Tanakh (Torah) is the first five books of the JEWISH Holy Scriptures.

The Tannakh is the whole Hebrew Old Testament. The Torah is just the five books of Moses.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure if they are or not. Mind and action are the base of the sons of Caine. Those of the first family are long past. They would be in other shells so to speak. Just go turn on the radio.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Excellent job on the clarifications Ill!

Now I don't have to type...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join