It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just shut the FOX up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Stumbled across this interesting device while searching for torrents. Apparently Sam Kimery of Oklahoma despises the FOX corporation so vehemently that he locked himself in his house and created a device which he labels the 'Fox Blocker'. The device does exactly what its description entails, Blocks the Fox network from your television.

Purchasing a FOX Blocker and telling the advertisers at FOX News why you did it will encourage advertisers spending their money somewhere else.

If we band together and tell the advertisers to shut the FOX up, we can help limit the scope, or at least the profitability of FOX News.

FOXBlocker is an innovative new product that filters out the FOX News network. Simply screw the filter into the back of your TV and never be exposed to right wing propaganda again (at least through FOX News). Using a proprietary technology, the FOXBlocker works to filter out FOX News from your cable lineup.

Protect yourself and your family, or send one to a misguided right wing friend.

www.foxblocker.com:82...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This has got to be the third, maybe fourth or fifth time this topic has been covered in the last month.

Anybody who is willing to pay nine bucks for that is insane.

They can pick up the phone and call their cable company to request the channel be blocked.

Or, alternately, anyone with a modern television can simply remove the channel from the 'permitted' list, and the channel buttons (up-down) will skip right past it.

This is just another cattle prod to incite controversy.

Edited because it's 'incite' not 'insight.'

[edit on 30-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Or one could save the money

And use the Add/Remove function for channel's thats included with your TV and its remote. That would possibly require referencing the manual which buyers of this device may have an inability to accomplish.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Phoenix]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This evil genius behind this has to be noneother than Soundshow Bob.

Soon no one will be watching TV......... [sarcasm] does the dr.evil laugh "ha hah hha hahahahahahzhahahahahah "[/end sarcasm]

okay then good day.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Anybody who is willing to pay nine bucks for that is insane.

I think stuppid, dumb and lazy cover it better :p

You don't even have to call your cable company, you can do either or all of the folowing things:

- Don't switch to Fox.
- When comming to Fox by accident, use your remote to switch away from it.
- Don't program Fox on your tele.
- Don't watch tele and do something that doesn't turn your brain into goo.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

- Don't watch tele and do something that doesn't turn your brain into goo.

That's the best advice.

I gave up TV years ago, and I find that not only do I have more time than I ever used to, but I am more agile in thinking, quicker to form ideas and more adept at relaying them verbally.

TV is a drug habit, and the addicts are just as sad and pitiful as the crack heads crumpled in the corner next to your local drug store.

Of course, recreational TV use isn't very dangerous, but habitual abuse leads down a dark, twisting road. It's a descent into madness. This is your brain..this is your brain on TV. Any questions?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I gave up TV years ago, and I find that not only do I have more time than I ever used to, but I am more agile in thinking, quicker to form ideas and more adept at relaying them verbally.

Same here, not that it was my choice...however. When I moved to the UK in September to attend grad school I simply couldn't afford a TV let alone the fact that a 'TV License' needs to be purchased to legally watch TV over here. I just gave up on Tell-Lie-Vision all together and started doing better things with my time. I think if I had TV, I would be so behind in my course work I would probably have to quit this entire UK thing all together.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Covered, all within 10 days, here:
Fox Blocker
'Fox Blocker' sales spur
Man Sells Device That Blocks Fox News

And previously, here:
Yes, you too can have your very own FOX-proof Cable Box

Thread Closed.

seekerof

top topics

join