It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero gravity???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hi,
I found an interesting article on the BBC news website that states a person was exposed to zero gravity for a prolonged time.

How exactly can you experience weightlessness without being in space or a high tech government lab????

news.bbc.co.uk...

It is interesting that it does not say anything about this person or how they came to be exposed to zero-gravity this is a bit mind boggling.

[edit on 30/3/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
That's too funny! I bet it was Calvin after a marathon daydream.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the only thing i can possibly think of is the vomit commet. maybe it was a simalr situation. when a plane dives and gains height very fast you can be "weightless" it's really more like a free fall, but you feel weightless.

other then that if your going about 27,000 miles per hour i think, that is the speed at which you over come the gravatitonal pull of the earth. and to get into space you need to go about 17,000 miles per hour. but even in space there is about 95% as much gravity as there is on earth (not outer space)

Velvet

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Most likely the plane scenario. You can achieve near-weightlessness for about 3 minutes, iirc.

You achieve weightlessness when you are travelling with the same acceleration as your container. In space, there is plenty of gravity (obviously) but you and your ship are both accelerating with the same speed, and so you are weightless (compared to your ship).

[edit on 3/30/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I could be inclined to think it is the plane theory but then why does it say a prolonged stay in a weightless enviroment??? Thing is it does not say how long the person was exposed to 0-gravity???

What sort of treatment would you need for being overexposed to 0-gravity.

Why such secrecy?

[edit on 31/3/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well it was a child, so I'm guessing the kid stayed on an amusement ride all day.

One of those creepy spinning things that suck your guts out through your eyeballs and only kids can enjoy.

xu

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
could it be water? a weightless environment where you float, but then why not just say water in the records?

there is no way a children could be present in a space station or a shuttle, and if his or her father isn't the pilot of the plane I dont think they will let a child onboard a 3 minute diving plane.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What about one of those Gyro things that spin you round and round?. Apart from that i go with the fairground ride.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For a prolonged period it either has to be a liquid of some kind or in LEO.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I just emailed the BBC for more info. Might get a response.

I'll post if i do.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There's plenty of gravity in water. You're just not falling. Lift your arm? Gravity.

Those rides are awesome! Assuming, of course, you turn rightside-up before the end! I heart centripetal accelerations!

Low gravity problems usually have to do with bone density. A month in loq/zero gravity will take away approximately 1% of your bone density, and when you have astronauts losing 12%, things get crappy real fast. Exercise doesn't do it, and calcium helps a bit, but too much and you'll get a heart attack.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There is for a fact a CIVILIAN location where a anti-gravity room does exist. Within a few weeks, Nick Cook from U.K. is coming to U.S. to do story on the Texas location and how the inventor has plans already designed for medical use and other uses. It has been a 20 year research project!
The plans are designs of medical beds (chambers) for patents with 50% burns or more where the bandaged body will not touch any surface for period of time to allow quicker healing. The patent is going to listed in U.K. to prevent U.S. government from taking designs.
I do not know how to list website that has information becasue of the way the rules are written.
Here is AUTHORIZED part of text from website:

"Let’s take one minute to look at a positive way that anti-gravity can be utilized. There is a fire and a person has received burns on 85% of their body. The hospital follows medical practices and applies bandages on the victim. Now the victim still in pain has to find means to lie down and sleep. That means that parts of the body are still in contact with hard surfaces even though it is mattress. Now if the patent could be lifted and suspended about 12 inches above a bed without any contact other than the bandages, the risk of infections, the risk of burn rubs, the extra pain medication could ALL be reduced by how much? Probably hundreds of percent.

Another application on the same lines of medical is the transferring of patients from bed to bed, operating table to bed, or just simply lifting a patent without physical stress on the patent themselves or the staff. What would the savings be to insurance companies, medical expenses, and improved time of recovery of patents?? The list is actually endless.

We conducted a few test where when a person is in an anti-gravity environment there is points where depending on the strength of the field, the human body can reduce the amount of pain and feeling situations. Certain electrical impulses can be controlled depending on field strength, which would reduce the use of certain sedation practices and applied anesthesia for medical procedures. With certain aspect will be addressed at later dates once more of the final results of certain tests are complete and can not be disclosed at this time."

To what level the Nick Cook televised story will cover is unclear at present time but is due within weeks.

The location has ZERO GOVERNMENT CONTROL! U.S. government is being left out on purpose!

[edit on 7-4-2005 by drrdw]

[edit on 7-4-2005 by drrdw]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This is pure genius!!

I'm glad the US g'ment are kept out but this should amazing to see. It could have so many different uses. 20 research project and not one word from the UK or US press hmmmmm........

So a UK journalists is going to do a story on a anti-gravity machine within the coming weeks I cannot wait to see that headline on ATSNN!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
(Velvet ) - 24,500 MPH from your speed and you are close to the accutal Brake away speed for earth wich is around 2,800 . If we could get a ship up to 27,000 we wouldent be talking about going to mars wed be there in Under 3 weeks, 27,000 x 24 hours a day x 3 weeks =13,608,000 miles.
mars at cloest approch =5,000,000. this speed would alow you to be on mars for WEEKS and still be there and back in 3 weeks earther direction.
Ps from earth to the moon in 1969 took 3 days the moon is apx 239,000 miles divided into 3 days =79,667 miles per day means the ship was going Just over 3,250 mph to get there .
Ps just love numbers.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Simcity4Rushour]

new topics

top topics

join