It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD Panel to Fault Intelligence Agencies (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
George Bush's WMD commission is calling on US intelligence agencies to take steps to make sure information flows freely among them. They will find better methods of coordinating information between the whole government, not just one agency. The report scheduled to be released Thursday will include prewar intelligence on Iraqs weapons program.

news.yahoo.com
President Bush's commission on weapons of mass destruction is expected to call on U.S. intelligence agencies to take steps to ensure information flows more freely among them, breaking down long-standing barriers and cultures of secrecy, federal officials say

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity Tuesday, said change will require officials to find improved methods of sharing and coordination, beyond simply improving technology. A lesson learned from the report is that the information belongs to the entire government, not one agency, the officials said.

One official familiar with the commission's workings said the report also goes into great detail on why prewar intelligence on Iraq's weapons programs turned out to be flawed. The report is scheduled to be released Thursday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This report took about a year to do. The 15 agencies that make up the intelligence agencies are suppose to include steps to ensure information flows between the groups easier. I doubt this happens. Those groups are always hiding something. I hope the general population has access to the reports.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Ycon]

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Ycon]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I can see it now, another sub-sub committee.

What is it going to take to get the heads of each department to sit down with each other each day or week? They don't have to agree with each other or any thing, just present what they have recieved.

If they can't manage that, then it's time to replace em, no use in keeping a stubborn mule...when a draft horse is better.

new topics

join