It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How old were you when...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
you had your *first* paranormal type experience?

The reason I'm asking/making a poll for this is because I keep seeing the same age pop up in every persons first experience..maybe there is some type of connection with that particular age..it's just overly ironic to me..

So please be honest!! You can share a brief description of what happened too, if you'd like..
Thanks Mag

**BTW**This is mostly for OBE/dream connected experiences, but others can also post..

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh I hit the wrong button. I meant to hit younger than 7. Well anyway, when I was younger than 7, I was really sick and always in the hospital. Now, I don't remember this, my mom told me. She was with me in the hospital when all of a sudden I got out of bed and started walking towards the wall until I ran into it. My mom asked what I was doing and I said "Didn't you see that little girl." Well my mom raced to the doctor to yell at him for giving me too much medicine and making me hallucinate. My mom described what I saw and he was shocked. He quickly left and my mother was pretty angry. It was not until later that we found out the a little boy in the next room had died at the moment I saw this little blonde girl go through the wall into the dead kids room. My mom knew this because she looked at the clock before she left. It sounds weird but maybe it was an angel going to get that little boy next door.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't know if you would call this a paranormal experience or not... I was definately younger than 7 but I don't remember how old. I was walking through my house heading for the door to the outside. The upper half of the door had a window in it. What I remember, as clear as the day it happened, was walking up to the door and seeing the eyes and top part of the head of a being. From what I saw it looked like a typical "Grey" alien, but it's skin was jet black and its eyes were a dull red. Keep in mind I didn't see the rest of the body, so I have no idea if REALLY looked like a Grey.
Well, as you can imagine I was terrified and ran away screaming.
That's all I remember.

Weird thing is I've never so much as seen a UFO or had a "close encounter" experience. Well, besides what I just related, if you want to consider that a close encounter. I've had a couple of ghost experiences (maybe), but never another face-to-face with an alien.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I was 8 when I lost my paranormal virginity. I lived in an old victorian house in Boston. I was sitting on my bed playing,when I saw the ghost of a woman float past my door,I followed it down to my sisters where it disappeared. It was a greyish mist in the form of a woman in 18th century clothing.Looked like a dress with a cloak or a shawl around the shoulders. I only saw it the one time. But there was a room across from mine that was used for storage. That room always stayed cold. Even in the summer time. And gave off a weird vibe. Nobody went in there,it just seemed like there was someone in there with you. All these years later ,if I close my eyes and think about I can still see her.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i don't believe i've ever had one so i declined to vote. interesting stories so far from those that have. keep em coming.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
When I was 8 I dreamt about a change in school (changing classrooms), and out of the blue the next day they decided to swap the classrooms around. I knew I'd had a psychic dream, but I couldn't tell anyone convincingly......I just sounded over-excited about something small.

Before that, when I was 3, I lived in a haunted house, and was in a room when the ghost smashed a fruit bowl against the wall........but I was too young to remember that very well so It doesn't count.....

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
When I was about five or six, my mom sent me to my room. As I was sitting there, I heard a loud hissing coming from one corner of my room. I thought it was a snake, and started screaming really loud. My mom thought I was lying to get out of my punishment. Ever since then, ghosts have followed me around from house to house.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Junior high school, whatever age that'd make me. I was staring intently (probably hatefully as I was trying to figure out an algebra problem. I hated math coursess in junior high) at one of those candles that are poured into 20oz glasses with the decorative scenery on them. As I stared hatefully at it, the candle slid the 6 inches to the edge of the dresser, hovered in the air for a second and then fell to the floor.
The next paranormal experience was right after that when I travelled from my bedroom to the other end of the house at a superhuman speed!

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I came here thinking magestica was asking the virginity question, and I leave perplexed that I can't answer the one she asked, because there is a deeply, deeply repressed memory of something early in life (not an alien abduction or molestation) that started surfacing and that I stuffed down somewhere about fifteen months ago when I realized how traumatic it was going to be.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sorry, I was thinking of Majestica in that light.
What were we talking about ?!?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
MA...this thinking one thing about a post and being let down once you read it is going around like an epidemic tonight. See the thread "Meet your meat".

Hope I don't get it!

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
when i was six living in Boston I was hit by a car and pronounced dead some hours later I began breathing again on a mortuary slab at Boston City Hospital
is that paranormal or rejection?

tut

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Tut

A second chance, I say. Nice.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I honestly don't know...too young to tell. If its seeing things around me that others couldn't, then from a very young age...like 5 years old would probably be my earliest memory (though that is more because my mother remembers me asking her 'why the white-light people keep standing around my room at night').

But I do recall bits of what she was speaking about...recall waking up now and then and seeing two figures, of glowing white light, just standing at the foot of my bed.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I chose 7 to 9 because that is the range in which I saw an apparition in my aunt's home (which was a place of quite a bit paranormal activity). Other than have vivid repeating dreams (which I still remember, and some of which are extremely hard to explain) I do not believe I experienced anything before this time.

I did have during this same period (and still had at the age of 21) the ability to slow sounds down. When I got older I realized that this ability manifested itself when I was "zoned out" performing a very repetitive, nonthinking task. When I was smaller it would happen while I was practicing piano. I later read that there was a probasketball player (can't remember who he was) that had this ability with visual things. He could slow down a revolving 78 rpm record and read the label. Also, while driving full speed down court he could slow the ball to the point he could read the words on it.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My mother told me when I was born, and after I was cleaned up and put into the cribs, I tried to climb out. And up until I was about 5 or 6 a very faint light would hover above me while I slept. I saw it once and asked her about it, she was surprised I could see it to.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Interesting stories. I must admit I have witnessed nothing paranormal, except that once my friend and I had nearly identical dreams. Not at the same time because I am in America and she is in Hong Kong, so roughly 12 hours apart. I am kind of jealous that I have not witnessed anything unusual.

top topics

join