It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High IQ/IQ Test/ High IQ Organizations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I gave some thought to joining Menza a few years back, To cite the old Marx brothers line "I would never join a club that would have someone like me as a member"

The perception I have of the Menza crew is that they are pompus, and emotionally fragile.

As far as Women go, I want one I can talk across to, and they can be hard to find. Seems that a large number of them pretend to be less inteligent than they are because men are intimidated by them. If I wanted Average - I would have married average. I don't want to "Dumb down" a conversation because she can't keep up. Sure it was fun playing with the "Dumb Blondes" in my younger years, but there was little amusing about the ability of Hold ears - Gentely shake head - Watch eyeballs bounce around for 20 minutes. There must be more to a relationship than that.

It has been pointed out already that Inteligence is no guarantee of success, I find that to be true. Some of the most inteligent people I've met were homeless - they lost everything and lost the drive to get it back, or never had it to start with.

As far as happiness goes, That is a personal issue.
A lot of it is state of mind;

Some of you know I once worked in a Prison - Some inmates would be miserable saying "I am caged up - what have I to be happy about" While others would look for the beauty there, like a blue sky, or another source of beauty so they could say "sure I am in a cage, but it ain't so bad, I can see the sky, and smell the air" The ones that didn't let the prison get to them had a much easier time than those who didn't see the little things.

In some aspects of life I am quite happy, while in others (like tring to find worthwhile people to talk to) it is maddening - Sports this, TV show that, arghhhhhhhhh... How about a bad game of Chess?
How far can I fall (stiff legged) onto 3" of sorbathane without breaking anything?
Lets mix this part with that and this other thing and see what happens.
Why does water expand when it freezes, and everything else contracts?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Besides that stuck up Diane Chambers is probably a member!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Cute, but the stuck up part would get to me...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
yey 130, on that matrix a thingy... apparently that's phD level and mensa... sweet

Uma

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I had a friend in college who told me that his IQ was tested at 185. I told him jokingly that he didn't seem that smart to me. Well he just seemed like any other smart kid at school.

Anyways, he told me there is an organization for exceptional individuals (IQ over 175) called Prime. I couldn't find it on the net. Anyone ever heard of this, or was my friend a big liar?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Never heard of them,
Click Here

I remember more than on this list, like the upper 10 (or something like that - you had to be in the top 10% of mensa to be concidered). But the list is a starting point...

Uma

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for the links...

Even if I am only barely smart enough to get in Mensa (which means retarded in Spanish).

Sniff, sniff.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Now, I have certain ruminations that I'd love to share. Don't get your hopes up; let's just say my iq isn't in the gifted range. Nevertheless, I have this ravenous and insatiable curiousity for most type of information.
Yes! I've infiltrated! (Insert maniacal laughter here)
Ok. So here goes...
I've noticed that intelligent people have a tendency towards higher emotional reactivity. I've also read that there has been at least one study performed to suggest that there's a positive correlation between intelligence and emotionality.
As much as I dislike the possible implications... I can't help but wonder if this bears any truth. So maybe there's a correlation of a different variety... But hey! If I saw the world through the eyes of a genius, I'd have deeper insights and concerns. Of course I'd be at least a bit more sensitive to the world around me. Heck! I'd be stark raving mad!!! (You should see me now!)

But maybe even in the absence of profound cognition, these people would have more sensitive reactions? So what would be the possible biological reasons for this? Would most of you say that you're more sensitive?
Also, what of that belief that there's a tendency for madness and genius to be wed in unholy matrimony... Ok, so I get why a genius would be susceptible. But even the great majority of superior ranged people whom I've met, experience a certain amount of above avg. neurosis. So maybe there's some stock to be put into the study I talked about. Or is this just some freak coincidence!?!? Idiot savants are rare + a fair amount of gifted children have been noted to experience sensory overload. So maybe it's just that the mind is equally finely tuned in many aspects... or maybe you just have more on your plate to deal with... What do you folks think??

Ok! I'm sure most of you have been accustomed to patiently dealing with other people's quandaries. So despite the fact that this might sound like infantile squabble, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd all just respectfully humour me on this one.
Thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join