It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High IQ/IQ Test/ High IQ Organizations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I read that usually you reach your highest extent on your IQ level is at age16, but that isn't always true.

Honestly, I can't fathom that idea. I have taken two certified "I.Q." tests ( ten yrs. apart), the military ASVAB exam twice, and refresher courses of curriculm I took decades ago, and it seems to me that I am more "aware" now, than I was 24 yrs. ago.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ohio_Ron
Honestly, I can't fathom that idea. I have taken two certified "I.Q." tests ( ten yrs. apart), the military ASVAB exam twice, and refresher courses of curriculm I took decades ago, and it seems to me that I am more "aware" now, than I was 24 yrs. ago.

Of course you are more aware!!! The onlu test at which a person will peak at 16 is memory.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I took the Matrix A test and scored a 146, missing question 12.

I'm not sure what to make of the test. Although it does roughly correspond to the score from an IQ test I took in elementary school at the ripe old age of six, I do remember that test being much more than 18 questions in length! Is this one accurate or is it a fluke? I do not know, but again, it is interesting that the results seem to be in the ballpark.

Just to add a bit, I think the test may be flawed based upon the fact that it only tests pattern recognition. Now, perhaps pattern recognition is an excellent test of one's intellectual ability, this is something I have no expertise in, but at first glance it would appear to me that the results are biased towards those who are skilled in that area.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
practice test: 10/10 -no iq rating for this one
series: 10/13 -iq rating 131 - finished in time limit (easily)
quick iq test: 12/15 iq rating 136 -finished in time limit (barely!)
matrix A: 18/18 -iq rating 150 -forgot to run timer, dunno how long i took
dominoes test: 20/30 -iq rating 136
matrix B: 6/22 -iq rating 121 -ran out of time by a long shot

I got tired of the tests after that, which might partially explain the last score, hehe. Other IQ tests I have taken at other sites have ranged from 125 to 145 so I think these tests at nicologic are reasonably accurate, or at least as accurate as IQ tests go. Usually I get in the 130s so I wasn't too surprised by these results. I don't feel very smart, though. I should get some of my friends to take these and see if they get what I would expect, based on how smart/dumb I feel they are compared to me.

IQ tests tend to test 'pattern recognition' rather than what I would call 'intelligence', though. I suppose recognizing patterns is part of intelligence, but there's a lot of other things that make people smart, and there are people that have natural aptitudes for one thing and not another. Most of the tests I have seen are also biased towards mathematics and logic, as opposed to things like creativity.

Niels Bohr was a brilliant physicist, but his language skills were so bad he had to dictate his thesis to his mom to write down because he couldn't string two sentences together on a written page. My mom is brilliant with words and can write really well, and has an excellent memory, but she absolutely stinks at math. People have different skills and aptitudes, and different training, and I think this reflects on IQ tests.

Suppose instead of being raised in Canada, where I had access to good living conditions and 17 years of schooling (so far...), but instead grew up in some impoverished village somewhere, where I was lucky to get one meal a day and spent all my time doing manual labor for pennies so that there would be enough food on the table. I probably would have scored extremely low on an IQ test (assuming I was even literate enough to take it) I wouldn't put too much faith in these tests. People can have good days and bad days, too. Who knows, maybe if I took the other tests I haven't done yet, I might get much higher (or lower!) than I did today, due to amount of sleep, stress levels, or something else.

I took the tests at www.highiqsociety.org... about 2-3 years ago, and got roughly the same scores I did on the ones at nicologic. If you really like these tests, maybe try the ones there, too.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yes these IQ test on that nicologic site is suppose to be pretty accurate. & if you read my first post in this thread it explains the reasoning behind the patterned IQ test, plus read the FAQ on the site for more information.

My friend who took a professional IQ test got a very similiar score to the one he got on the nicologic site. I would say there are more geniuses in this world today than the common man would like to think.

I also believe ATS has many geniuses here on this site.

-Liquid

[edit on 113131p://444 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
practice test: 10/10 -no iq rating for this one
series: 10/13 -iq rating 131 - finished in time limit (easily)
quick iq test: 12/15 iq rating 136 -finished in time limit (barely!)
matrix A: 18/18 -iq rating 150 -forgot to run timer, dunno how long i took
dominoes test: 20/30 -iq rating 136
matrix B: 6/22 -iq rating 121 -ran out of time by a long shot

I got tired of the tests after that, which might partially explain the last score, hehe. Other IQ tests I have taken at other sites have ranged from 125 to 145 so I think these tests at nicologic are reasonably accurate, or at least as accurate as IQ tests go. Usually I get in the 130s so I wasn't too surprised by these results. I don't feel very smart, though. I should get some of my friends to take these and see if they get what I would expect, based on how smart/dumb I feel they are compared to me.

IQ tests tend to test 'pattern recognition' rather than what I would call 'intelligence', though. I suppose recognizing patterns is part of intelligence, but there's a lot of other things that make people smart, and there are people that have natural aptitudes for one thing and not another. Most of the tests I have seen are also biased towards mathematics and logic, as opposed to things like creativity.

Niels Bohr was a brilliant physicist, but his language skills were so bad he had to dictate his thesis to his mom to write down because he couldn't string two sentences together on a written page. My mom is brilliant with words and can write really well, and has an excellent memory, but she absolutely stinks at math. People have different skills and aptitudes, and different training, and I think this reflects on IQ tests.

Suppose instead of being raised in Canada, where I had access to good living conditions and 17 years of schooling (so far...), but instead grew up in some impoverished village somewhere, where I was lucky to get one meal a day and spent all my time doing manual labor for pennies so that there would be enough food on the table. I probably would have scored extremely low on an IQ test (assuming I was even literate enough to take it) I wouldn't put too much faith in these tests. People can have good days and bad days, too. Who knows, maybe if I took the other tests I haven't done yet, I might get much higher (or lower!) than I did today, due to amount of sleep, stress levels, or something else.

I took the tests at www.highiqsociety.org... about 2-3 years ago, and got roughly the same scores I did on the ones at nicologic. If you really like these tests, maybe try the ones there, too.

I might do that
Isn't that the site were if you score over a 126 you get to become a member?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I feel like intellectually I am mature, but socially I am immature. I do not get alone with my peers that well, and I like to keep to myself.

For all you guys and gals who took these online test, and professional IQ test

I would like you to check out these two threads as well:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Well....emotional quotient is more important than IQ...I won't say what is is...made that mistake before...I will say I was tested in school and it's well into the "supposed" genius level
I feel I am as far form genius as one can get. A high IQ does not equate to success, money or happiness....I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean. I know people that are not so smart that are very happy and successful, I know people that are very bright and miserable and poor...and all mixes in between... I would say it means nothing in the big sceam of things!

Agreed. And IQ tests doesn't test social skills either. But don't forget, nobody said that it mesures the success in life. Cause like you say, emotional quotient is important.

If you can't stand people around you, if you are not tolerant, if you are not open to changes, if you can't respect other people, if you can't accept yourself the way you are in every ways, if you can't control your emotions, if you have no patience etc... well your high IQ won't always help you. That doesn't make you perfect.

So I would say that people with higher IQ result are thinking differently when learning. But about social life, it's generally no different than anybody else. Some might still have same problems as everyone else who would have a lower IQ.

My IQ is around 122.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
IQ tests are fairly irrelevant to education, and I don't believe they are at all necessary. The only purpose they really serve is to satisfy a curiosity, that's why the online tests are so popular. I wouldn't trust them on accuracy however, as every test I have taken has given a different score.

The highest was 141...so that's the one I'll quote

One aspect of certain online IQ tests that I like is their ability to identify a person's mindset, whether it is creative or technical/mathematical. This variable often isn't taken into account in education, as mathematics tends to be used as a guage of intelligence both for students who are highly capable in the subject, and those who are not, but excell in literary or creative areas.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
I might do that Isn't that the site were if you score over a 126 you get to become a member?

Yup that's the one. I did all of their tests except their 'test for exceptional intelligence' or whatever they call it. If you score 126 on any of their tests then for something like $59.95 you can join their society
I'm not sure how anyone can be sucked into that, especially when they are supposed to be above average intelligence. I took those tests awhile back, I don't remember the exact scores but I think they were all in the 130s.

As to 'emotional quotient' I've heard of that, but how do you test it? I have a feeling mine is pretty crappy, probably below 100 anyway (if it's scored the same way as IQ) I just wish I had IQ of 150 so I could brag about being 'mensa' material hehe. Ah, well, maybe I'll get smarter, although I'm 23, so I doubt my IQ will change much, now, for most people it stays about the same as an adult.

I''m kind of curious though, what kind of scores did you get Liquidation? You seem like a pretty smart guy, or at least smarter than me. If you don't mind sharing, that is, I'd understand if you didn't want to.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
I might do that Isn't that the site were if you score over a 126 you get to become a member?

Yup that's the one. I did all of their tests except their 'test for exceptional intelligence' or whatever they call it. If you score 126 on any of their tests then for something like $59.95 you can join their society
I'm not sure how anyone can be sucked into that, especially when they are supposed to be above average intelligence. I took those tests awhile back, I don't remember the exact scores but I think they were all in the 130s.

As to 'emotional quotient' I've heard of that, but how do you test it? I have a feeling mine is pretty crappy, probably below 100 anyway (if it's scored the same way as IQ) I just wish I had IQ of 150 so I could brag about being 'mensa' material hehe. Ah, well, maybe I'll get smarter, although I'm 23, so I doubt my IQ will change much, now, for most people it stays about the same as an adult.

I''m kind of curious though, what kind of scores did you get Liquidation? You seem like a pretty smart guy, or at least smarter than me. If you don't mind sharing, that is, I'd understand if you didn't want to.

Thank you Dragon.
You are pretty smart guy yourself.
I taken an emotional intelligence test on tickle.com, or is it emode.com?
I think they are basically the same site, ah whatever lol.
I was actually hoping to join that high society crap, but for 60 dollars?
You gotta' be kiddin' me. Anyways I haven't taken any real professional IQ test, for I am only 17; but i'll u2u my result on the nicologic test.

Anywho, if you look around on emode.com you be sure to find an emotion IQ test. Some of there questions are like this.

How does this smiley feel?

A. Angry
B.Happy
C.Depressed
D. curious

but with actual people's pictures. Then they ask other questions based on what would you do in this situation type thing.

but let me know what you find, and happy searching if you care to look.

[edit on 063030p://555 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

[edit on 063030p://555 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm getting this when I click on your IQ site links ( I had to censor it a bit):

" This site Has been Hacked

By

Dream of Arabs's Organization

MoRoCcO : Yassir_57@hotmail.com

i-DiL : i-DiL@hotmail.com

H0550N : brox_43@hotmail.com

Alkhal : hamdi04@hotmail.com

iSsO : isso09@hotmail.com

And Others...

F*** USA & Isreal

Muslims are coming

Don't forget you can be the next

Ce site a été piraté par l'organization marocaine Dream Of Arabs ©"

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yup, someone has hacked the site.

they were fun IQ test, thanks for the find.

-Your Friend Liquid

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

To use a classic analogy, think of your brain as a computer -- your brain has its own CPU (with its own number of transistors [neurons], and processing speed), hard drive, RAM, and operating system. An IQ test attempts to measure how powerful the CPU is, and ignores everything else...

[edit on 3/30/2005 by ThunderCloud]

I think that the computer analogy is excellent. However, why would and IQ test measure only the CPU?

Working memory = RAM
Crystallized knowledge = hard drive
Spatial ability = video card
processing speed, reaction time = CPU

I'm stretching the analogy a bit, I know, but you get the idea. Good IQ tests should have subtests that load heavily on smaller components and assigns weights to each of the subtest scores, which are then used to calculate a final IQ score.

An IQ test is more like a benchmark test that you run on your computer. It looks at each component and then spits out a score reflecting global ability. It's a good shortcut for assessing the big picture, but the downside is that you lose any idea of how the underlying components are functioning.

Also, I wonder if that online test is actually updating the distribution of IQ scores as people take the test. The IQ score is simply an indication of where you fall on the bell curve, as mentioned above. So if people keep taking it and the average person is scoring 115, the scores need to be restandardized so that the mean is 100. I highly doubt that the site is doing that. It would be neat to see if the site actually reports descriptive statistics on all of the people who have taken it. I wonder if it's actually a normal distribution.

phaedrus

[edit on 6-4-2005 by phaedrusxxx]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
IQ tests are fairly irrelevant to education

Really?! There is no correlation between IQ and educational level, standardized test scores, or GPA?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

Because your IQ can fluctuate in your life time and as you get older, it could either deteriorate, or increase. If you were 20 or so when you took the IQ test then that IQ could be the same now, increased, or have deteriorated. I read that usually you reach your highest extent on your IQ level is at age16, but that isn't always true.

[edit on 113131p://333 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

Actually IQ is very stable throughout an individual's lifetime. A Scottish researcher, Dr. Ian Deary, had scores from a mental battery given in 1932 to over 87,000 children. 66 years later he was able to track down 101 of them. A similar measure was given to these adults and the scores correlated +.73 with their scores 66 years earlier!! Several other studies have reported similar results. The paper was published in the journal Intelligence, issue 28, pp 49-55, 2000.

phaedrus

(if anyone would like references to the other studies supporting the stability of mental ability throughout the lifespan, PM me)

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Is anyone on this site in a high IQ society?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
On that chart they said the iq of 115 for 16 year olds and older was Superior so i'm 14 and have an iq of 122 would that make me a genius?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pOeT lAuReaTe
i'm 14 and have an iq of 122 would that make me a genius?

No, but you're above average and over a standard deviation away from the norm, if that's important to you.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Don't you think that IQ is a little narrow and standardized? James Woods the actor has and IQ of 184, but he got beaten by Johnny Chan in the poker champoinships. IQ rules out alot of other qualities, such as intution, imagination, & creativity for instance. These are the qualities that make the great artists, scientists, and innovators, not just good grades or high test score.

So a high IQ may not really the great indicator everyone thought it was. You can't bottle genius!

Besides, you want to get into MENSA, that's easy. get the copies of their tests, and practise. You'll get 'test savy'. Then, when you sit down to write the test, take some coffee and Red Bull energy drnik, to stimulate your neurons.

If you can't get the MENSA test, get one of the standard WIAS, and keep re doing it. Then have yourself privately tested by a psych. His report can be admitted to MENSA as the basis for membership. Then you have a nice shiny card that you can use to impress girls on dates!

[edit on 8-5-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join