It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High IQ/IQ Test/ High IQ Organizations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
LOL...yep that's me a "profound" genius!
Come on people...some of you here know me a bit......"me" a Profound Genius!? I'm 50 years old, I front a rock band, shun organized religion, a bit on the "out there" side of things......I just don't go for the whole silly "mensa" thing! A label to make some feel good or something, better than others

When did you take the IQ test that you took in school?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I was tested in high school...maybe 70..and again in the late 80s why?

and I have taken some of those silly internet tests.

[edit on 3/30/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I was tested in high school...maybe 70..and again in the late 80s why?

Because your IQ can fluctuate in your life time and as you get older, it could either deteriorate, or increase. If you were 20 or so when you took the IQ test then that IQ could be the same now, increased, or have deteriorated. I read that usually you reach your highest extent on your IQ level is at age16, but that isn't always true.

[edit on 113131p://333 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

One of them called me a 'visionary philosopher and compared me to Plato. Needless to say I didn't rush out and by a copy of 'The Republic' since the same website also claimed hat in a past life I was a showgirl called Lola. (maybe that song was written for me, I quite like cherry cola)

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
IQ Score Place in general population
among those above 16 years old Interpretation
85 80/100 Tired ...
100 50/100 Normal (the fellow-citizen)
115 16/100 Superior
130 First/50 Gifted (Mensa level - PhD's average)
140 First/250 Very Gifted - Genius
145 First/1000 Highly Gifted
150 First/3000 Highly Gifted
155 First/6000 Highly Gifted (Nobel Prize winners' average)
160 First/30 000 Exceptionaly Gifted
170 First/100 000 Profoundly Gifted
180+ Almost alone... Hyper Gifted

According to nicologic.free.fr...

-Liquid

My question to you LadyV do you get similar scores on these internet IQ test, compared to the one you received in the late 70's or 80's?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Come on people...some of you here know me a bit......"me" a Profound Genius!? I'm 50 years old, I front a rock band, shun organized religion, a bit on the "out there" side of things......I just don't go for the whole silly "mensa" thing! A label to make some feel good or something, better than others

...which actually would suggest that you really are of genius level IQ.

I've noticed that those in this IQ range have certain characteristics -- one of them is that they have multiple odd talents that they can practice at a professional or near-professional level. They also assimilate information quickly.

Compare US with other women our age! While I do like many of the women I work and worked with, I just can't imagine many of them being able to discuss the aerodynamics of hypothetical space vehicles, space-time continuum, the possibility of cryptozooids and what sort of environmental range it would take to sustain a breeding population and so forth.

On the other hand, you can get about 2 mintues' worth of discussion out of me on home decorating and curtains and that's it. And for a long time, my discussion of cooking and recipes was limited to "Hey, there's this new little restaurant that just opened over in...."

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Compare US with other women our age!

Ya mean you can't stand shopping, reality TV, fashion and the mall too!? I though there was something wrong with me!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

...which actually would suggest that you really are of genius level IQ.

I've noticed that those in this IQ range have certain characteristics -- one of them is that they have multiple odd talents that they can practice at a professional or near-professional level. They also assimilate information quickly.

Compare US with other women our age! While I do like many of the women I work and worked with, I just can't imagine many of them being able to discuss the aerodynamics of hypothetical space vehicles, space-time continuum, the possibility of cryptozooids and what sort of environmental range it would take to sustain a breeding population and so forth. On the other hand, you can get about 2 mintues' worth of discussion out of me on home decorating and curtains and that's it. And for a long time, my discussion of cooking and recipes was limited to "Hey, there's this new little restaurant that just opened over in...."

Why can't I find more attractive ladies like you and LadyV in my school?
I'd go CRAZY if I found a beautiful young lady that would love to TALK to me about the things you mentioned! Good gosh.. I wouldn't know where
to begin... maybe with wormholes, or parallel universes!

-Liquid

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
::::::tossing hair over shoulder::::::

Yes, we are beautiful, but far from being "young"
LOL

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Alright, I feel better. I was starting to wonder if maybe ATS had somehow retarded me.

The time wasn't nearly as important as I thought it was. I tend to guess a lot, and not think about the problem as much as I should when I'm under pressure of a time limit.

A note to test takers: If you spend more time thinking about time than thinking about the problems presented, you will do miserably. I'm living proof.

In one day I apparently went from being a super genius, to just above average, and back again. What a trip! Can I sue that site for whiplash?

It's been said, but I'll reitterate it; inteligence and social skills are not tied together. Most extraordinary people are not socially gifted, they tend to do very poorly in life, have trouble advancing in jobs, get locked up a lot (a sizeable percentage of MENSA meetings occur in the prison system, most lock-ups sport a chapter), and suffer from unusual substance abuse problems. On top of that, many become antisocial and look down on those who don't share their gift for thinking.

Maybe it's the pressure to succeed, maybe it's actually chemical - a mutation leading to poor survival skills, maybe it's just coincidence. I don't know.

All I know is that I'm in the top .1 of 1%, and it hasn't helped me one goddamn bit. I've never landed a job because of my IQ, I've never gotten a promotion because of it, I've never made any money off of it, it's useless baggage.

Being smarter than 99.9% of people in the world has only one ramification in my life, a constant, unwinnable, emotionally draining battle with pride.

:shrug:

What are ya' gonna' do? We all have our crosses to bear, right? Beats the hell out of leprosy at least.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hey you described me a lot. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Anyways I am now tolerating society much better

&
hahah at LadyV
Least you can still feel young in heart, in mind, and in soul

-Liquid

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
I'd go CRAZY if I found a beautiful young lady that would love to TALK to me about the things you mentioned! Good gosh.. I wouldn't know where

Hey, If you do find one clone her off for me would you!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde

Hey, If you do find one clone her off for me would you!

Sure thing my friend, sure thing

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This was one of the most annoying IQ tests I have taken, I just got impatient with even trying and guessed the last 4.

my score was 119, 123 on the other IQ test, I much prefer trying to find out the meaning of language, then these picture shapes!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
:::::thread jack:::::::

accountability....Off topic here.....I have to say your avatar bothers me...I'm a "creature" person. I share my home with dogs, cats, ferrets, tarantulas, degues, birds, fish, frogs, and pet rats, which are by the way extremely intelligent, and affectionate....every time I see your avatar it makes me shiver!

:::::::::end thread jack:::::::::::

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Einstein even said "It’s not that I am smarter than everyone else, it’s just that I stay on a problem longer."

Unfortunately, that's what I think is wrong with all the tests at this guy's website. They are all well designed, but the time limit shouldn't be there. A very intelligent person will be able to answer every question on the test correctly, if given enough time. And, on the other hand, a sufficiently mentally challenged person would not be able to answer most questions correctly, no matter how much time they're given.

Most IQ tests, as well as other academic tests (SAT, ACT, GRE, etc.) measure a person's ability to recognize patterns, solve logic problems, and classify objects. Also, they measure a person's mental speed, by timing the tests. But, what if a person is a genius at pattern recognition, but not as mentally speedy as others? What if a person is a genius at solving logic problems, but lacking in object classification? How do you decide who's more intelligent then? (To say nothing of other talents, like music, art, athleticism, etc.)

To use a classic analogy, think of your brain as a computer -- your brain has its own CPU (with its own number of transistors [neurons], and processing speed), hard drive, RAM, and operating system. An IQ test attempts to measure how powerful the CPU is, and ignores everything else...

[edit on 3/30/2005 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

Einstein even said "It’s not that I am smarter than everyone else, it’s just that I stay on a problem longer."

Unfortunately, that's what I think is wrong with all the tests at this guy's website. They are all well designed, but the time limit shouldn't be there. A very intelligent person will be able to answer every question on the test correctly, if given enough time. And, on the other hand, a sufficiently mentally challenged person would not be able to answer most questions correctly, no matter how much time they're given.

Most IQ tests, as well as other academic tests (SAT, ACT, GRE, etc.) measure a person's ability to recognize patterns, solve logic problems, and classify objects. Also, they measure a person's mental speed, by timing the tests. But, what if a person is a genius at pattern recognition, but not as mentally speedy as others? What if a person is a genius at solving logic problems, but lacking in object classification? How do you decide who's more intelligent then? (To say nothing of other talents, like music, art, athleticism, etc.)

To use a classic analogy, think of your brain as a computer -- your brain has its own CPU (with its own number of transistors [neurons], and processing speed), hard drive, RAM, and operating system. An IQ test attempts to measure how powerful the CPU is, and ignores everything else...

[edit on 3/30/2005 by ThunderCloud]

I agree with you

-Liquid

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I tested and got a 118, hope it goes up as I mature. That was pretty fun actually.

P.S. I'm 16 for those of you (if any) who wanted to know.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Glad to hear that, you are above avg.

What test did you take?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Liquidation, try talking to the 'nerd' girls.....you might find they can cut the intelligent conversation bit. And even though they may not be in the 'good looking, popular' crowd now, they (WE) usually blossom a bit later in life.

I did surprisingly well on one of those tests in middle school.....(I secretly thought it must have been a fluke - I had the answer sheet upside down to begin with!! ) But later tests yielded similar scores...LOL.

I also agree that it has no guaranteed direct relation to success....at least not material success. Money and brains don't unfailingly go together....most of the really rich folks I know are dumb as dirt.

Now don't call me paranoid, but I think it does work against you if your boss/ supervisor /co- workers see you as a threat because of your IQ. (Sometimes it's best not to say too much....might even be a good idea to sandbag a bit , in some situations. )

My husband and I both tested above average, and our children have as well....though my son did best on a 'creative problem solving' type test ( 145) and not so much so on a standard IQ test...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join