It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology of Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Although we all know about time being relative with regards to motion, I also believe that time is relative in a psychological way too. What you may regard as present for yourself is probably other people's past or their future since their "time" has not reached that event yet. I don't know if I sound confusing, but to make it clear let me explain.
Compare a husband and wife for a day. The husband has a real slow day at the office, and the wife is out shopping in a big shopping centre. She is enjoying herself so much that time just flies for her. The husband, on the other hand, checks his watch every hour or so, and finds time going really slow. When the wife checks her watch, its 5pm, she cant believe how fast time went and she realises she has to go home. The husband, after a slow boring day, is finally happy that its 5pm, and goes home to meet the wife at 5.30.
Now here is where my theory comes to play. When the wife comes home and meets her husband, I believe that each is in their own relative frame of time. For the wife, she feels she is in the present and she is actually with her "future" husband whose "present" time may still be 10 or 11am in the morning. And for the husband, when his "present" time finally comes at 5.30pm, he is actually with the "past" of his wife.
I am trying to explain that no two "present" simultanous times are actually in the same reference.
Anyway, I hope I make sense with that analogy. Anybody agree with it?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reminds me of that batman episode when the time master made a time controlling device that would speed up and slow down the users time interface. well batman had to use it and save the town hall from exploding by one of the bad guys bombs, it was a close call as it was detonating right as batman was carrying it to the lake. what a great episode!

new topics

join