It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Orb Debate..Photos From Grayfriers Churchyard Edinburgh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hi shauny,

Some of the things in your photos appear to be smoke and 'precipitation orbs' I understand you say they are not, but we were not there to prove either way.
There are a few things I have not seen before.

I have a few questions. Thanks in advance for answering them.

Can you explain the angles of this shot? Is it up in the sky? Was there any objects behind in th dark we can not see?

2. The Orbs that look like precipitation orbs, were they seen without the camera? Were they only seen on the picture or were they visible to the naked eye?

4. Did you take all these your self, are you in them as well? If so what photo are you in here?

This orb looks solid. Did the orbs look solid when they were flying around?

6. How was the dog reacting to all of this?

7. I am not familiar with the area. I scoured the web for day time photos. Did you know where I can see some?

[edit on 30/3/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Hi shauny,

Some of the things in your photos appear to be smoke and 'precipitation orbs' I understand you say they are not, but we were not there to prove either way.
There are a few things I have not seen before.

I have a few questions. Thanks in advance for answering them.

Can you explain the angles of this shot? Is it up in the sky? Was there any objects behind in th dark we can not see?

2. The Orbs that look like precipitation orbs, were they seen without the camera? Were they only seen on the picture or were they visible to the naked eye?

4. Did you take all these your self, are you in them as well? If so what photo are you in here?

This orb looks solid. Did the orbs look solid when they were flying around?

6. How was the dog reacting to all of this?

7. I am not familiar with the area. I scoured the web for day time photos. Did you know where I can see some?

[edit on 30/3/2005 by Umbrax]

1. all pictures were taken against walls, or in tombs (small rooms) all these orbs and things are...well u tell me

2. sometimes we see flashing lights out of the corner of our eyes...but usualy.. no, we see nothing until we check all the cameras...if we had better equipment (i.e.night vision camera) im sure they would show up

4 ( no 3?). usualy there is 4 of us..with a camea each, all pics are from all cameras, i am not in any of them...im shy

5. when u see orbs with the naked aye, they usualy are see thro..some of the orbs in these pics to appear solid

6. the dogs usualy go MAD when there is activity, and that is the reason we take at least one dog..its an early sign of activity

7. you can find pics of grayfriers churchyard here : www.moirbooks.homestead.com...

or by putting "grayfriers churchyard" into google u can get lots more

i hope this answered all or most of questions

cheers ...anything else...u can get me on msn messenger, id love to share more with yourself of anyone else

cheers

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply shauny,
I have to say you sound like a honest person, but I believe these photos to be a hoax.
If people want to take your word for what is 'real' and what is not that will be up to them.
Speaking for myself I have found a few things that are enough for me to believe this is a hoax.

-As you may or may not know I spend much of my time manipulating images.

After a discussion with my colleagues on ATS we have come to the conclusion that the above picture is a photo shop effect.

These are created with PhotoShop the tutorial for making these beautiful effects can be found here.
www.webclass.ru...

-The reason I asked about the dog was because I seen it in one of your photos.

The dog seems to be unaware of anything flying around. This does not prove or disprove anything really but I thought I should point it out.

-By looking at your friends in the photos it would seem as if it was cold that night. You say the 'mists' are not caused by smoking or fog.
Assuming this is true then the condensation of someone's breath on a cool night can cause this effect.
Even if you cannot see your own breath when breathing out, it can show up sometimes on film.

-The face in the mist you showed us is an example of 'matrixing'.
The Atlantic Paranormal Society has a very good article on Matrixing for those who are interested here is a link.
www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...

-The rest of the bright orbs could be cellophane this is an effect that is easy to create.
Here is an example of what cellophane looks like in a photograph.

-Orbs that look like they are moving upward are found to be precipitation orbs. Here is a good site for reference on this phenomena
www.ghoststudy.com...

From reviewing these photos I believe them all to be a hoax. It will be up to the individual if they want to believe these to be real orbs or not.
I recommend sending these photos to The Atlantic Paranormal Society. They will be able to find any evidence for or against any real unusual activity.
www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't believe it's a hoax; just a case of common error. The only one that I believe could be paranormal is the mist picture. If no one was smoking or breathing in colder temperatures, then the only other explanation is a paranormal one. The orbs are, in my opinion, the result of rain/snow. Even a bit of drizzle would produce those orbs. You may have not even noticed it in the air.

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. Good luck catching 'em in the future.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I live 15 min from Grayfriers (beggining of Bruntsfield) I think I might go there armed with my digicam and see if I can get similar results.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

5. when u see orbs with the naked aye, they usualy are see thro..some of the orbs in these pics to appear solid

When I saw an orb I could not see through it. It was just a small white light that slowly floated across my room and infront of my face.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ok...i want to state my opinion on these interesting photos if it´s ok.

I work as an special fx producer and digital animator and have some experience with "faking"

So i examined these photos closley and also send them to a friend of mine who is a multimedia producer and photoshop expert.

The theory about the photshop filter at the first picture and the nebula effect can be true no doubt about it...hell anyone with a wacom graphic tablet and some experience can do such a "plasma" like effect in minutes. To be honest to acctually get exactly this kind of nebula you absolutely need a graphic tablet because it has A LOT of detail in it you never get with just the filter...(or youre damn good with a freakin mouse)

And i must admit this IS a really good and beautiful plasma cloud with a lot of atmosphere and really nice lightning. Really nice...it would look awesome when animated lol

To the picture with the gold-silver orb...we both had no clue, there would be certain lightning/shadow issues if the picture was faked or photoshoped. Again...the so called orbs in thsis picture have an amazing lighting effect, reflections from plastic and other stuff would be no problem to detect. The color temperature from such reflections differs a lot from the color temperature in this photo. (in terms a lot for an photoshop addict, you only really get used to it if you do such stuff a lot)

So we came to the conclusion that it is highly doubtable that these photos are fakes. Which of course doesn´t mean that they are real either. In times of digital picture editing it´s pretty hard to tell. Even when we shot one picture through the texture analyzer on a FLAME/INFERNO sfx workstation we got positive and smooth going color gradients. This is hard to get ESPECIALLY with non professional equipment. That´s why people who are able to create high qualitiy textures get paid $$$ big time.

So i leave this in everyones opinion..just wanted to state some things me and a friend found out.

Ah before i forget it...if you really photoshoped and faked these pics dude, get a job at the sfx business QUICK! I know some people who would pay a lot for such nice lightning effects.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
is phenomenal! I don't care what it's a picture of, it's awesome. Nice work!
If you blew up the picture, I'd like to wallpaper my ceiling with it. Is that a tardis on the left crossing over to our dimension?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
hmm...I'm still not sure about that first pic. I brightened it and behind the two lights looks like something is burning in the background, and I see grass and tombstones. Didnt you say you took this pic against a wall?

Beautiful pic thought, looks like a nebula

here's the lightened pic...should I have made it smaller? oops

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Gala-Kemen]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I DID NOT FAKE THESE PHOTOS !!!!!!!!!!

for the last time...

what is the point in faking these ?
all it proves is i am clever with photoshop...and i AINT !!

i cant use photoshop very well. i can resize things..thats all.

as pointed out, if i can fake some of these, then i could get a good paying job.

i will do anything i can to prove these pics aint fake....

always the same isnt it....i could come out with the best pic ever, and people wouldnt believe.

THIS is why its hard for the world to ever believe in such things...no matter the proof, it wont matter.

anyway...these pics are real

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
ok, as im really p****D of with people here...im going to try and prove (as much as i can) that these pics are real

this pic here...was taken against a wall, i have circled where a part of the wall is showing.

i have NO idea how you could fake that photo

[edit on 1/4/2005 by shauny]

[edit on 1/4/2005 by shauny]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
mods are mods ... mods will be mods ... forever

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
shauny, I never said your photos were fake. Actually I think the rest could be real. I was only pointing out what I saw, nothing more.

-Gala

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
lol i don´t want to quote myself in this post but don´t get angry shauny...like i already said a few posts before its pretty hard to fake such things espacially with so much detail in it. so don´t stop it! bring us more of them!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
well shauny I definately think you have something there, I have just come from a ufo conferance and orbs were spoken of. There was a few people there that had similar pictures of orbs taken in there homes and around there bodys. I also have pictures of orbs taken of my daughter asleep in bed and they are around her head. I have also seen video footage tonight of hundreds of orbs in the atmosphere ' go figure, are they ufo's or spirit entities. Your picture with fog definately looks like spirit to me as the orbs are swirling and twisting up, around and everywere forming the foggy patterns. Rain, fog, snow and mist does not do this no matter what wind is present.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have taken pictures with and without a flash in dusty places. When you use a flash it reflects off the dust partilces that look orb like. The more the dust settled the less orbs. i guess if you blow smoke in the air and photograph it with a flash you will get ghost type pictures. Orbs are just a misinterpretation you get similar effects in snow. Its weather people know they are dust particles and lie about that makes the difference not being ignorent of its origin. You do get weired photos you can not always explain.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join