It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
ATS is not a place for us to store our lives wishes, it is an amazing forum. You shouldn't do it online to begin with, always have it in paper. Too much risk involved online.
Originally posted by CyberKat
Well, anyway, just a thought. See what kind of feedback I got on it
Originally posted by CyberKat
Anyway, get the picture? I don't know how well this idea would go over, but I was thinking, if members of a large online community, such as ATS. were to have a place for each member, only if they wish to, to make their fundamental wishes known, so that there would be another way for their loved ones, and doctors and hospitals all over to know what their personal final wishes are.
21.) As the main representative (founder, owner, webmaster) of AboveTopSecret.com also reserves the right to assume advocacy of your soul, body and worldy accumulations in the event of any onsets including but not limited to persistent vegetative states, bad hair days and hangnails as required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the law, whims or preventative measures of acting fashionistas or comply with a legal process served on myself or the AboveTopSecret.com website, protect and defend the rights or property of the AboveTopSecret.com website (not to the exculsion of your soul, body and worldy accumulations), or visitors to AboveTopSecret.com (their souls, bodies and worldy accumulations), identify persons who may be violating the law of good taste, the legal notice of bad taste, or the rights of third parties sick of your crap, and cooperate with the investigations of purported activities.
Like many of you, I have been compelled by recent events to prepare a more detailed advance directive dealing with end-of-life issues. Here's what mine says:
* In the event I lapse into a persistent vegetative state, I want medical authorities to resort to extraordinary means to prolong my hellish semiexistence. Fifteen years wouldn't be long enough for me.
* I want my wife and my parents to compound their misery by engaging in a bitter and protracted feud that depletes their emotions and their bank accounts.
* I want my wife to ruin the rest of her life by maintaining an interminable vigil at my bedside. I'd be really jealous if she waited less than a decade to start dating again or otherwise rebuilding a semblance of a normal life.
* I want my case to be turned into a circus by losers and crackpots from around the country who hope to bring meaning to their empty lives by investing the same transient emotion in me that they once reserved for Laci Peterson, Chandra Levy and that little girl who got stuck in a well.
* I want those crackpots to spread vicious lies about my wife.