It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Breaking News: Famed attorney Johnnie Cochran is dead at 67

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Attorney Johnnie Cochran, 67, perhaps best known for his defense of O.J. Simpson, died Tuesday at his home in Los Angeles of a brain tumor. Simpson, who was cleared of murdering his wife, told CNN: "I loved him as a good Christian man; I look at Johnny as a great Christian. I knew him as that. He was a great guy."

www.cnn.com
"I loved him as a good Christian man; I look at Johnny as a great Christian," Simpson told CNN. "I knew him as that. He was a great guy."

Simpson said he last saw Cochran at an L.A. Lakers basketball game a few months ago and found the flamboyant lawyer to be in good spirits. "We were praying for him then, and I still am," Simpson said.

Simpson added that he knew Cochran long before he hired the African-American lawyer to lead his 'Dream Team' defense. "I was in social circles with Johnnie and we knew each other in that way," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Very little is known this is still Breaking News

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Always wondered how he could sleep at night?? Not well if the Jucie was in town no doubt

However, the South park episode where he employs the Wookie defence is priceless

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

MORE CAN BE FOUND HERE

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
FredT, I'm surprised all you can do on news of someone dying is make jokes about him.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
[edit on 29-3-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Cochran was a good man.

May he rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
[edit on 29-3-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well I was station in California for the entire JO trial and I was glue to the TV during the coverage.

I though he was brilliant, and for the South park episode I found it hilarious too.

After all it was just southpark in comedy central.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
"If the glove don't fit, you must acquit!"

Apparently he had an inoperable brain tumor.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Good thing I checked, I had my submission all typed out.

It really is a pity, he was an icon and it's always a great loss to lose someone like that. A lot of celebrities have tons to thank him for, especially blacks, and those who were victims of police abuse (a personal knack of his).

I predict a flurry of comments this year from comedians.

[edit on 3/29/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Breaking News: Johnnie Cochran Dead at Age 67

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Very sad....Although most of us know him for his high-profile OJ case, this man was very dedicated to helping his community....

RIP Johnnie....

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The devil has come to collect his due.....

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

[OJ] Simpson, reached at his home in Florida, also praised Cochran on Tuesday, saying "I don't think I'd be home today without Johnnie."

I think that just about sums it up from my perspective.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Are you people still that pissed over O.J. getting off? Cochrane was a defense lawyer, every accused person is entitled to a defense. He did alot in his 67 years, the O.J. case only a small part of it. A man's entire life isn't defined by one event.....at least it shouldn't be.

Really....guilty people have gotten of before and will in the future. Why does this one case stick in so many American's minds years afterwards? Could it be that O.J. is....nah....not in this day and age.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
FredT, I'm surprised all you can do on news of someone dying is make jokes about him.

Ditto, no offense but you are better than that.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
He was a good lawyer.

If the evidence doesn't add up, EVEN IF YOU KNOW THE PERSON DID IT, then they shouldn't be put in jail. There have been many people put in jail who were innocent, just becuase people have doen the "Oh, they are guilty, anyway" thing, and DNA evidence is just now begining to prove their innocence. If you break the rules of the game for OJ, then you get the danger of playing the "guilty before proven innocent" thing happening at other trials because of prescedent. EVERY criminal deserves a lawyer as good as JC, just like they deserve a prosecutor as good as him, too.

Again, scared criminals miss him. So do a lot of innocent people.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Are you people still that pissed over O.J. getting off? Cochrane was a defense lawyer, every accused person is entitled to a defense. He did alot in his 67 years, the O.J. case only a small part of it. A man's entire life isn't defined by one event.....at least it shouldn't be.

Really....guilty people have gotten of before and will in the future. Why does this one case stick in so many American's minds years afterwards? Could it be that O.J. is....nah....not in this day and age.

Naa, could it be that he got off with murder?

A mans life isnt decided by one event?

Lee Harvey Oswald
Jack Ruby
Charles Manson
John Wilkes Booth
Neil Armstong
Scott Peterson
Dr. Jonas Salk
Dr. Jack Kevorkian
Mark Chapman

Its early, and I havent had enough coffee, but these are few people that I think of with one thing to define their lives. OJ was a while ago, but out there are 2 families with dead children and moms who probably feel alot different than you do.

To me, helping a murderer get away with it, is just as bad as pulling the trigger, or dragging the knife across someones throat. The bloods still there.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well. I'm one that thinks OJ did it and I have always wondered how one deals with their conscious when they have done something very negative....I couldn't live with it personally! Not only was it murder, but it was a violent, pre-meditated murder.

top topics

join