It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The XM-8 saga continues

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
All that is needed is the double drum feed.

No, the DDF is possible to use, but the barrel cannot sustain required rate of fire.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
XM-8

XM-29

where do i get one?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind having a civil version of the M8
even in crappy 5.56mm

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow

And assault rifles are symbols of armed forces (AK-47, M-16), it should be really made in US if possible. Besides XM-8 is cool, light, reliable,but nothing really new. So is it worth the investition?

I agree

The XM-8 even though a HK design will be produced in a HK plant in the US I believe. The already have a Heckler & Koch plant in COLUMBUS, GA. This plant ws made in part to strengthen HKs access to the U.S. military, police and civilian markets.

The plant produces the USP 40 and the MP5 for SWAT teams and U.S. special military forces. Its likely thats where they would produce the XM-8.

So americans would be making the guns

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So americans would be making the guns

I think it should be of an American origin also, but if there is not an American rifle which can compete with the XM-8 then I’m not going o be a dumb A and refuse the gun when it is Cleary the best. Also Shadow I think the congressmen are concerned about who gets the $$$ not who makes the guns.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Since it is in "prototype" form, the changes can be made. Consider the version I'm talking about as the CQC&B model, adding bayonet lug for conservation reasons along with front grip moved rear ward to allow space for M203.

Compact all purpose weapon, able to multi task along side it's warfighter.
Some thing needs to be picked soon, for every ones sake. In my opinion they are spending too much time on what weapon to combine all the options with. When they should just made custom accessories for the already prefured rifle. The XM 8 is going to end up like the G-11. The OICW did and others will too, the tried and proven weapons of choice will stay around for some time yet. M-16 and varients along with the H&K models will be in my opinion the dominant choice of arms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join